Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tehjman1993

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Tournaments / The FGM Schedule!
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »
Hello everyone!

After 6+ painstaking hours of organizing, editing, deleting, and adding runners and times, we finally have the first revision of our schedule!

For those that don't know, FGM is Fangame Marathon, an event that will be held June 5th-6th, slightly bleeding over into the early hours of the 7th. It starts Friday at 12:00 PM EST.

For those that can't read and asked me 9,000 times over Skype:

JUNE 5TH TO JUNE 6TH, starting 12 PM EST

Here is a link to the schedule for your viewing pleasure. All times are in EST (Eastern Standard Time), please convert it to your local time zone for a better understanding. I made sure to stay within EVERYONE's time availability. Seriously.

httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19KUHOX1-J75F5XlIlawb8mA-NGJu8H6NO6dpRuafjHI/edit?usp=sharing

If you are a runner and you see a time that is completely 100% not possible, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY. You can PM me on twitch, Skype, or respond here. Please note that it will be very hard for us to make changes past this point. Also, if you see that one of your runs didn't make it, we're sorry. We truly tried to accommodate everyone's schedules, and some runs had to be bumped. We apologize if one of your runs was bumped. Many runners have had to do this.

If you are a viewer, save the date! This is some of the best talent this community has to offer in 39 non-stop hours of mind-blowing guy game speedruns. Everything from needle games to medley games, we have you covered! With races sprinkled in, great speedruns, and a few surprises(!), we're sure to keep you on the edge of your seat. Hopefully not for all 39 hours.

We are STILL LOOKING FOR HELPERS. If you can re-stream, design visuals (banners, layouts), and promote the FGM, please contact me!

More info regarding the official FGM channel will be posted soon.

Enjoy!
-TJ&Klazen

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:05 PM »
If we had a sufficiently large amount of submitted reviews we could actually include something that does not include reviews that are too far away from the average rating of the game. (Games with too few reviews would simply not have a rating then).
Another solution would be to include minimum number of reviews in the advanced search tab as a parameter.

Nonetheless both only work if there is a sufficiently large amount of reviews submitted. Especially for people that are into very hard games, this will not make things better at all..

In statistics, a general rule of thumb is getting around 15 people to respond to something before you can start "guessing" a community rating. Of course, with less than that number, reviews will be slightly tilted in one way or another due to the average not being a great measure of central tendency. You can contribute by submitting honest reviews and encouraging others to do the same. Saying that this will not make things better at all is simply ridiculous, as a review system needs to start somewhere. It continues to grow every day with screenshots, ratings, and reviews. Setting a minimum does more harm than good, as it would censor those that have reviewed a less popular game.

Perhaps there could be an FAQ section for DelFruit in a future update, in case people have any questions relating to things like rating their own games, rating in general, adding screenshots, tagging games, etc.?

We are not willing to tell creators that they cannot review their own game. Yes, it is common courtesy to do so. No, we are not restricting any user unless ToS are breached. A FAQ based on rating in general/adding screenshot/etc is something I'd most certainly consider for the future.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello there!
« on: April 29, 2015, 09:34:02 AM »
Hey Bear! Welcome!

« on: April 25, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
I've definitely had screenshots show up in different orders before...

Really? I'd have to talk to Klazen about that. Could it possibly be because you checked back at prior screenshots when more were added? When Klazen is around I'll inquire about it. Thanks, 128!

« on: April 25, 2015, 08:09:36 AM »
A screenshot-related question, actually
Why do they show up in a random order?

They appear in the order that they were submitted/accepted. Someone who submits a boss screenshot before anyone else will see that screenshot appear first, even if someone submits a title card screenshot a day later.

« on: April 24, 2015, 06:32:18 PM »
I've noticed that all the comments in screenshots have disappeared, is this an intended thing, or a bug?

This was actually intended. After some internal discussion and some complaints from users, we have removed this feature. Unfortunately, this feature was being abused by many members of the community as a way to attack a game, such as labeling a screenshot as "Oh yay, more AIDS" or "Great (not) background." This system was never intended to hurt a game's reputation, as we disallow any "attacking" on games for obvious reasons. This feature may be limited/brought back in the future. For now, however, the system will now be screenshot-only with no text present.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I Wanna Kill The Siam
« on: April 22, 2015, 08:04:12 PM »
Just out of curiosity, is this a private game?

Off Topic / Re: POKéRAP
« on: April 22, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
You already got the words wrong.

Now we can't even sing the song.

Meet and Greet! / Re: My belated greeting!
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »
Hey Geo!

Why am I in your forum signature

Tournaments / Re: FGM Setup
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »
I tried to change formatting to make my box take up less space, but it submitted again instead of editing.

Just delete the top one. :V

I got it! Thanks!

You submitted really late you bastard

« on: April 19, 2015, 05:36:31 PM »
I'd love to be the broadcaster & commentator. I have a very strong pc with a 250/100 connection speed.

I will most certainly be in contact with you soon about broadcasting.

« on: April 19, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »
I think using a RTMP Server for re-streaming would make things a lot less complex for the person restreaming.

No idea how to set one up though, but I'm sure someone in this community knows how to.

Yeah we tried getting someone to do this, but every person we talked to ended up being unable to figure one out. Of course, if anyone can set up one, it'd make this easier!

Tournaments / FGM Setup
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:48:30 AM »
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since our last update. I believe submissions for FGM have stayed open long enough, as I have started to assign games to specific runners that signed up. It's a work-in-progress, baby!

There's a few main topics I want to review with the community as we take our next steps to making this become a reality:

The Date(s):

June 5th to June 7th. Exact start/end times are still TBD.

How it will run:

The FGM (Fangame Marathon) will highlight a variety of runners speeding through various fangames in a timely manner. Although some runners will get multiple games to run, the more-than-likely scenario will be that the same runner will run 2 games, back-to-back, before handing it over to the next runner. This 2-block window will run anywhere between 1-2 hours. For games that are much longer in time (see: Cultured, Rekt, Kamilia 2/3), only 1 game will be run. Every game/race will have an estimate.

The FGM will not only feature individual runs of games, but races as well! Races will most likely be placed in the late afternoon/evening EST time, which should complement everyone's schedule hopefully. There will also be various "bonus" events throughout the marathon, including a "Draw my guy" artistic contest and a special presentation by ... TASbot? Klazen? It's a mystery.

The FGM will be hosted by some cameraman, who will pop-out the runner's stream and re-stream it to the FGM channel. The runner's name and twitch page should be clearly visible to all viewers on the FGM channel. For races, multiple pop-outs will be used. This way, the runner can comfortably stream on their own channel w/o worrying about setup/size/quality. We ask, however, that all runners have a "decent" quality to their stream, especially runners that are running games that have a lot of things going on in one screen (see: Weston).

Scheduling:

The schedule will (hopefully) be prepared soon. This will be a ROUGH copy of the master FGM schedule. I will attempt to contact every runner to verify their time. If a time does not work out, we will attempt to reschedule to the best of our ability. I apologize in advance for scheduling conflicts!

The FGM Channel/Setup:

The FGM channel will be setup soon. We are currently looking for anyone who can create overlays / banners / stream info pictures / etc for the FGM channel and broadcaster/cameraman. We desperately need these. If you are seriously interested in making any of these, please contact me either here or on twitch @ www.twitch.tv/tehjman1993 (send me a PM!). I'm also fairly active on the #wannabes IRC under the SRL channel.

The FGM broadcaster/cameraman:

We are currently looking for anyone who can volunteer hour(s) of their time to broadcast runners. You must have a strong computer/internet to do this, as some games/races will require good quality and multiple streams.

Donations:

Currently, I have no set plan if we are contributing to a cause. This is a very secondary concern at the moment. If anyone can set up/manage a place to donate to for a cause, please let me know. I know that the GDQ's typically donate to medical-related causes, but I'm not exactly sure how they have it set up. If anyone is seriously interested in making that happen, please contact me. Otherwise, this will probably not happen. Of course, we would always encourage anyone who enjoys watching the current runner/racer to visit their twitch.tv channel to personally donate and/or sub to them. That we could do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is anything I forgot to cover in this post that you still have questions about, please post here! The more volunteers I can get, the faster this process will move.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If anyone wants to help me set up scheduling, that'd be nice :)

Super edit: Because it has been asked before, I am making all submissions public to FGM. This is the RESPONSES ONLY spreadsheet, and will not reflect the master schedule very well: httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jY6KUguHvDPiIH6WBD6QW2l8bI1z0eK8J4UuRwGTgv8/edit?usp=sharing

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19