Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tehjman1993

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19
Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: June 01, 2014, 10:40:03 AM »
Hey Rouven, welcome to the forums! It's great to see you here :D

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Hat Contest for Get Rekt
« on: June 01, 2014, 10:17:23 AM »
The contest has now ended! No other entries will be accepted at this time. There was no need for a time extension, as Klazen and I received a LOT of submissions! Due to the number of submissions, we're going to raise the # of hats picked from what was previously stated. This # is not decided upon yet, and will most likely leave out a great number of entries that were still awesome ideas.

The # of hats picked, as well as their picture + who created it will be announced soontm, we have a lot of ideas to go through!

Once again, thank you all for submitting your hat ideas! Best of luck to every contestant.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Restore the Balance v0.5
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

My inspiration for the game is I Wanna See the Moon - an open-world, Metroidvania-esque style game. You'll visit 5 unique stages (only two in the beta :BibleThump: ). In each beautiful stage, you'll enjoy about fifteen screens of platforming, each punctuated by an epic boss!

Sounds like something out of a commercial, lol. Great game, so far!

The Lounge / The New REKTament - A following for guy game players
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »
Hello there, players of guy games. I am here to preach to you about a new sensational following that has many guy players joining in waves.

Taken from the New Rektament:

Guy games are holy, and thus will remain that way.
On the first day God created Guy, and all was good.
On the second day God created Kayin, and Guy was pleased.
On the third day God made fangame makers and players. The Earth was happy.
...and on the 7th day, God rested and played K3. He then proceeded to flood the Earth shortly after.
And the Earth was #Rekt
Thus Rekt was born, and Klazen, our guardian angel, descended down from the heavens.
And his prophet, TJ, took his teachings to the disciple Wannabes.
And within these teachings contained the 10 commandments of Game Making.

==THE 10 COMMANDMENTS==

I. Do NOT use shitty eye-raping backgrounds
II. Thou shou NOT use off-screen kills
III. Thou shalt not  make the player save far away from the first jump so that they have to walk up to it especially if timing is required and the timing is off
IV. Thou shall keep thy 'Guy Rock' holy, but not overused
V. Thou shalt not take the name of the Kid in vain
VI. Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's fangame
VII. Thou shall playtest thine game before releasing to the wiki, or any other site
VIII. Thou shall not use playtesters that are gods
IX. Thou shall ensure that thine difficulty curve is fair and just
X. Last, but not least, thou shall always try to have fun

=========================================

We also worship our Patron Lady of the New REKTament, Luka. Luka's Belly is said to be divine, and that it grants good urns and glod splits. One may pray for Luka's assistance by yelling LUKA, BELLY!

Thank you for reading, and we hope you decide to switch your faith towards the light, the truth, the Belly.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »
i have no idea how to get confusing ending in NANG ._.

How to get confusing ending
(click to show/hide)

Off Topic / Re: Post Your Favorite Come on And Slam Remix
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:35:35 PM »
Dire Dire DUNKS

(click to show/hide)

Video Games / Super Mario 3D World
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:43:17 PM »
Literally harder than guy games.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It took me 27 hours of gameplay and 2.5 months of real world time, but I finally beat the fucking K2 boss rush. Full breakdown:

Destination: 698 deaths; 6.5h
Crimson: 185 deaths; 3h 47m
Nue: 448 deaths; 3h 56m
Gravityman: 317 deaths; 3h 51m
Big Kid: 351 deaths; 5.5 hours
Kid Chase: 577 deaths; 3h 56m hours

Though I still need to beat Destination and Crimson again to get them on video ;_;

Congrats man! That's quite an accomplishment. Also your timings are pretty consistent, which is interesting.

Hello everyone!

I happened to stumble upon a great fundraising event that benefits St. Jude's Children Research Hospital. This organization is one of the only organizations I ever pay attention/donate to, as it breaks my heart to see what those children are going through.

So how does it relate to the Wannabes, at all? Well, in this event that kicks off on June 13th, any individual and/or team that streams games can help raise money for St. Jude's. This goes on until September 1st, for a total of 12 weeks! Every week has its own "theme", however, any game is most certainly encouraged!

So my question is - Would the Wannabes (or anyone) be interested in this event? I have personally never done an event like this, and I wanted to see how much attention I could garner from the Wannabes for this. I think it would benefit our team in more ways than one - it's charitable (you heartless beings), it may attract viewers (?), and it's just fun! Once again, I consider St. Jude's to be one of the most respectable charities out there, and I would hope there is some attention towards this.

Here is their site link explaining the event (scroll down): https://fundraising.stjude.org/site/PageServer?pagename=playlive_home

If you aren't interested, that's okay. I think I'll be personally running through this fundraiser, with or without a team.

Thanks for reading :D

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »
Just beat Kamilia 2, here's the final fight: https://www.twitch.tv/tehjman1993/c/4242659

My god, that was a nerve-wracking game.

Ambient, Slow Trance. Nice, relaxing music, just enough to fall asleep. zZz
If you're curious, try Sunlounger. It's perfect.

Or, for faster and more up-beat, I like DnB and some House. Kaskade is a great example of House, while Pendulum is a great DnB example.

Video Games / Re: osu! Usernames Thread!
« on: May 10, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
Username: Tehjman1993
Profile Link: httpss://osu.ppy.sh/u/363881

P.S. I suck, I play with keyboard + mouse

The Winners have been chosen!

Click this image link for the winners: https://i.imgur.com/nVaBBFX.jpg

Here's a rundown of who won:

The winners - Their Hats

Xelectriczzgaming - SWEG
TheLoganMinecraft - It's an Afrodisiac!
Hiddow - What a blockhead
Zebbe94 - A real gunslinger
PieceOfCheese87 - Fruit-tastic!
DerpyHoovesIWBTG - She's always watching (A special effect will be added later to this hat!)
Sephalos - Hardcore 8-bit action
Kadykunde - Hide your shame!
cl0udi - Blaze it every day
Kalemandu - Did somebody say Crimson? (Yes, the leek changes colors)
Stinkycheeseone890 - The "Corner" Cut

A HUGE congratulations to all of our winners! To everyone else that submitted a hat but was not picked - we still thank you! Just because we didn't pick your hat didn't mean it was bad! Some hats that we had to cut were honestly very good, but for some reason did not fulfill our requirements, or didn't look right in-game, or for another reason. Also, we edited quite a few names of these hats. These names ARE subject to change at any time!

Once again, a huge congrats to all of our winners. Your hat will be featured in the game, as well as your name in the credits. Both Klazen and I thank this community for being very responsive with this contest, and we hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more updates from Get Rekt!

-TJ&Klazen

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello, Fellow Masochists!
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
That's quite a repertoire of games you played for PC! Enjoy your stay ~

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »
Not Another needle game true ending. Took me 39 hours and 25584 deaths. No TNT ofc.

Nice! That's quite an achievement :D

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19