Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tehjman1993

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19
Video Discussion / Boshy Platforming Tutorial Series
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:02:23 PM »
Hello all,

Over the past few weeks I've worked on a series of 11 videos, 1 for each world, in I wanna be the Boshy. In each video I explain the basic platforming behind the game, and throw in various speedrunning tricks to help both casual players and new speedrunners alike. The goal is to help out anyone who plays Boshy, but more importantly encourages potential speedrunners to give Boshy more interest. Boshy is a frightfully intimidating game, and hopefully this series will help out all new players.

You can find all 11 videos in one convenient playlist, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsbqHcKzIR9preBznujiJF2XGSqsmkdN
Enjoy!

-TJ

Meet and Greet! / Re: I'm Op
« on: February 14, 2015, 12:10:13 AM »
Hey Op! Welcome to the forums!

I look forward to seeing you crunch down your Boshy time! You got my vote to become a Wannabe anyday.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 11, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
When people submit screenshots can we suggest that it be of the first screen, so we can get an idea of what the game is like instead of just a title screen which doesn't really show anything about the game.

First screens aren't really an indicator of a game, either. I, along with a few others, were throwing up a lot of title screens just so an image appears when that game is selected rather than the "no screenshot" image. If people would contribute more screenshots of the game, such as the first screen and beyond, then that's perfectly fine. Title cards are, in my opinion, the game at a very, very brief glance (and so there's SOMETHING).

« on: February 11, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
Would be neat to have a feature where people could add the current records to game, though I'm not sure how much extra work that would be.

I was going to bring this up in the near future when we have more of the site's functionality down and more reviews come pouring in. The community has reacted wonderfully to the current features we have, and have given us a ton of ideas to improve and redesign the site.

Current records are being considered, but this is an entirely new issue that is a little harder to tackle than meets the eye. I'll see what I can do, thanks!

« on: February 10, 2015, 10:04:11 PM »
Is it allowed to submit games that I don't know the creator of? For example, dark blue, yellow star etc.

(click to show/hide)

Games that are not on del-fruit nor the wiki need to be submitted by the owner/producer of the game. We will not accept games that have been submitted by an outside source. We need the creator's permission to do so. Some exceptions are made.

Edit: I should clarify that I am talking about obtaining the game - the download. Having the game itself up there with no download is fine.

« on: February 09, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »
The goal is for after 15 or more reviews, the "average" review will be at a place where most of the community agrees with it. Of course, you will get fangame makers that give their own game a 10/10 and give other games extreme reviews (either negative or positive) that really sway the initial average. These reviews won't affect the average much after we receive more data/reviews, so it will even itself out!

Please note: If you think you can make multiple accounts to boost/destroy a game's rating, you're going to be permanently IP banned. We can see all of this on the backend of the site, so please be respectful. We do not wish to ban this service to anyone, as it is meant to help the community.

One last note: A BIG thank you to everyone who has contributed so far! Klazen and I will continue to improve upon the site as much as we can. If you want to help contribute to a hopefully great website for fangames, the best you can do is honestly review any game you're comfortable reviewing, uploading screenshots, and reporting any comments/games that are inappropriate and/or do not belong. Thanks so much!

No way ... NO WAY ...

Update: YES WAY YES WAY

K2 crew is back baby

« on: February 09, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
I saw that UpRising's in there. I know I can't review my own stuff, but is it okay for me to put the screenshots from the thread I made here on that page?

Also, if I may suggest something, maybe have a column on the fangame list stating whether the game is complete or not? Like "Completed", "In Progress", "Tech Demo", "Cancelled"?

You can post/screenshot/review anything you would like. There are no restrictions on that. All screenshots are approved by a moderator before they are public. We may consider different "fangame" in progress/completed/etc. categories in the near future after we clean up some of the site. Thanks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

Klazen, with the help of myself and patrickgh3, have created a site that is essentially the fangame wiki, but with add-ons.

www.delicious-fruit.com

This site, first and foremost, pulls all the games from the wiki and puts it into one convenient site, loaded with the game name, creator name, and download link. This game is then allowed to be reviewed by anyone who has an account on the site. Ratings come in two flavors - "fun" and difficulty. These ratings are averaged with other user's ratings for a total rating.

So what's special about it? What are the features? Well, here's a list!

Fangame ratings of both "fun" and difficulty!
Ability to sort fangames by fun/difficulty ratings!
Free account signup!
Post your own review for the world to see!
Every account can be linked to a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Nico page!
You can track what games you have rated, what games you have favorited, and what games you have completed, all under one profile!
Screenshots of the game may be available! (if they are submitted by users)
A fresh take on an old way of sorting fangames!
Ability to search for games by name AND by author!

We are working out bugs as this is largely a work-in-progress. The ratings will seem wonky for each individual game until there are a minimum of 15 reviews, where the average will start to even out.
If you have any bug reporting to do on the site, you can post here or preferably click the report button the site!

We hope you enjoy it!

-Klazen108 and TJ

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: A good explanation about the deal with aligns
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:22:23 PM »
Good basic explanation, I think it would help more if you put more example pictures up, such as optimal aligns for specific jumps that you commonly find in needle games, like corner jumps!

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *PRELIMINARY*
« on: January 26, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
Here's a few good dictionary words that I completely found random in ... a dictionary ... yeah.

Toucan
Arnold Palmer (It's a half lemonade/half iced tea drink, delicious)
Charles Barkley (I swear he's in the dictionary)
Nerd
Seal

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 5 05.01.2015 - 11.01.2015
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »
Challenge 100 trials:
https://prntscr.com/5ox1uf

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi! again.
« on: January 02, 2015, 12:31:05 AM »
Hi matt o/

The Lounge / Re: The 2014 Fangame Awards
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
It's actually really hard to vote for just one from each category, haha.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *PRELIMINARY*
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »
Just wanna say - you're awesome for hosting another contest.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19