Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - tehjman1993

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19
Meet and Greet! / Re: what's up
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:19:24 PM »
Hello there! Welcome to the community, enjoy your stay ~

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Re: Team application
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »
I really like your idea TJ! Don't downplay your own suggestions dude  :atkHappy:

I pretty much agree with every point in your post and I think this is the way we should go.

So what has to be done is:

-Create a Team Board which is ONLY viewable by the Team-Members so we can share our thoughts about the applicants
-Get in contact with each other (maybe a Skype group?)
-Promote every wannabe on the Forum so he can access the new Team-Board
(-Overhaul the application system/requirements?)

Still feel free to post your thoughts about this Topic tho!

I'm glad there's been positive feedback about my idea, but it's nothing new - only really copy/pasted from "normal" team applications, with some minor changes.

Regarding the forum issue - there needs to be a way to organize the forum to have a Wannabes-only application room. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this on these forums, but hopefully that can be worked out somehow. If the forum issue is fixed, then we're set to go at any time once the application is done. I'd recommend using google docs (or some equivalent) as a way of submitting applications, so the link to the google doc is linked in the Wannabes-only application room for us to review.

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Re: Team application
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
I know I'm the extreme minority here, but I don't like the nomination system. I'll try to back my vote up with a few pieces of evidence:

1. Nominations are biased. Of course, a majority needs to "like" the applicant for that applicant to be accepted, but something doesn't feel right about it. Friend groups can lobby for each other, which I can see as ending poorly in some situations.

2. This relies on the forums to vote. The forums, themselves, aren't as active as other community sites. While this is unfortunate, it also hurts the voting system. Members that only check the forums once a month (or so) may not get a chance to vote - and in a small community like our own, every vote counts.

3. I believe the initiative needs to come from the streamer, not the community. A streamer needs to have enough initiative to come to the forums (or whatever) and post an application. Maybe through this we could publicly host a vote on an application, but I think that relying on the community to nominate streamers is not involving the streamer enough. If a streamer takes the time to fill out an application, they have shown that (at the very least) they express interest in joining. Relying on community members to nominate you seems ... off.

That's just my justification for why I voted no here. I know its literally the only no vote, so I expect flak for it. Thanks.

Edit: Because I'm going to be asked "what do you suggest then," here's the process that I would adopt, and this is what I've used for teams I've captain'd in old FPS leagues:

1. Player expresses interest in group. Interacts with community somewhat frequently over a given time span.
2. Player fills out a set application with genuine answers to questions regarding their availability, their interests, etc.
3. Application is handled by a moderator (or equivalent) first. This person quickly reviews the app to make sure it is legitimate and not a troll app.
4. If given the ok, application is then posted in a part of the forum (or equivalent) for all current members to see and approve/deny.
5. No comments may be given to the player directly - all discussion takes place within the forum (or equivalent) amongst members.
6. At least 60% of the community must agree on the application, with a minimum of 20 votes. No set time for application decision, typically a few days after 20 votes have been reached.
7. If player is accepted, welcome to the team. If not, that player may try again after a probation period of 3 months. After 3 months, they may submit another application.

This does involve some dedication from the community, but ultimately puts less emphasis on us and more emphasis on the player/streamer. They need to make the decision to apply - sometimes not an easy task! My process is similar to Zurai's in that the community ultimately votes on if they're in or not...but I cut out the nomination stuff. Yes, I know I'll get flak for this. I'd be more than happy to help run applications if this process is considered, I used to do it all the time for a very active FPS team (100+ members, at least 5 applications a day at its peak).

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Re: BINGO discussion
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:06 PM »
Just throwing in my 2chainz here:

Starting as soon as the card is linked is quite fun, as it forces the player to think about their "optimal" route in a small amount of time. Planning beforehand takes away a bit of the strategy involved with bingo!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Weekly BINGO Race
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:55 PM »
I'd just like to point out that I think we should keep this race open to anyone who (for whatever reason) will race without SRL's timers. Involving the community without confusing the crap out of everyone setting up for SRL is what we should push for. But of course, getting as many people as possible in the actual SRL-hosted race is better.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Weekly Wannabe race
« on: October 17, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »
I would certainly be interested in racing on a weekly basis, BINGO or not. The time zones may prove to be difficult to work with, though.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: The "Phobia"
« on: October 05, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »
Hah, I had the same problem with a few parts in K3 ... you just have to quickly jump once you're at your "spot" to jump from. Don't think about the jump - just do it. If I waited too long, I would fail it 9/10 times. Just keep going.

Video Discussion / Re: Kamilia 3 - Speedrun to Boss Rush in 1:51:34
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:57:05 PM »
Incredible. Congrats, man!

Please don't ever run Boshy, I'd like to pretend I'm ok at the game before a monster like you comes along and destroys it.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Get Rekt
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »
Hi taoster, :denMiku_v2:

Sorry, not sure what caused this. Did the autopatcher give you any sort of indicative message? I threw a bunch of messages into the autopatcher for various potential failures, so if you saw one it would be helpful. (There may not have been one, the same thing happened to TJ once and I figured it was just a fluke)

As for fixing the issue, you can manually download the latest version from this thread (use the second link), or you can delete your settings.ini file and the autopatcher will redownload everything for you.

To add to this - make sure you do not delete your save folder. If you are afraid you might alter it/lose it, please make a backup of your save folder and save it somewhere on your computer that you won't lose it. We would hate to see someone lose their progress ;_;

« on: September 04, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
Version 1.004 has been released! Now includes a lot of minor bug fixes, balancing, and A BRAND-NEW INTRO! Enjoy!

Meet and Greet! / Re: hello!
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
Yo Frag! Welcome to the community man!

« on: August 30, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »
Version 1.003 is out! Please update to this version ASAP - 1.002 unfortunately left a few dev tools in! Sorry!

« on: August 29, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
Game has been updated to 1.002!

Patch addresses a LOT of balance/bug fixes, primarily in stage 4. Also bug fixes across all stages. Enjoy Get Rekt!

User-Made Creations / I Wanna Get Rekt
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
[Removed]

i've heard that influka and kamilia had a quarrel with each other
so are they sill making kill the kamilia3?
or just left it there cause there is no that much people can pass this kinda difficult game?
As far as i know,last time that Influka log in this site is 3 months ago,can anyone connect him to finish that game or just announce that the game is totally over,there is no end about that??

I can from China,and our only pass kill the kamilia3 player mlsao_sf said that he is dying to see the finish end of the ktk series,so whether there is an end or not,fans waiting

From what ive read and from what ive heard the files to the game were indeed lost/stolen, so i highly doubt it will see the light of day, i don't think any of you have seen this yet but here's what the final boss of Kamilia 3 would have looked like i believe (i'm not sure if this is a hoax or not, and i'm unsure if ill get in trouble for showing this image)

Where, exactly, did you get this image?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19