Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - conlycameobasher

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:52:58 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Had stopped at second save in second room of Uhuhu area, and thought "eh, guess I'll give it a whack". Then I find myself on a two hour gaming binge, passing room after room without getting discouraged. Repeatedly I told myself "I'll break after this save", until I got to this tricky number here, in which case I actually did take a break. :Kappa:

This game is making me learn how to needle game better, and I'm liking it despite the hefty pain I got in my shoulder and hand from pressing R over and over again. I wonder how much worse this area will get?

EDIT:
(click to show/hide)

Took me almost two fucking hours to get to the boss, with an hour and a half of it spent on the room with the one save (not the Dead the Hyper screen). But now I'm finally here, so I can ease back and enjoy the triple loli idol action. Kyon!

General Games / Re: Word Association (Let's Try this Again)
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »
OUTRAGEOUS!

General Games / Re: Never Ending Sentence
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
that were

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:58:55 PM »
(click to show/hide)

A love/hate kind of medley game. Well, partly medley, since a good chunk of it is original content. Buffs in Rainbow area were awful, and plenty of save segments were just annoying. Bosses were also on the med side, except the final one. Rather easy, but had good music and overall a fun experience. But then there's the "escape sequence" that went on too long. Maybe three screens, but it just overstayed its welcome. Took me a while to finally beat it, and I'm relieved that I did.

« on: August 03, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »
Feeling nostalgic for Kamilia 3, I decided to give the game NCE a whirl. Turns out there are three of them.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Really short, easy games, but each with it's own uniqueness. The first one is more a beginner's fan game platformer, the second is longer only because it makes you play the game in reverse, and the third is... very unique. Spike and platform placements are randomized, and the game gives you the option to change it up at each save! A mixed bag for that one, but I will say the bosses have steadily improved each game. The first game was a memory-based jumping sequence, the second was more dynamic but simple, and the third was more like a typical avoidance fight. And not a Vocaloid in sight!

General Games / Re: Never Ending Sentence
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:10:06 PM »
for a quick

General Games / Re: Word Association (Let's Try this Again)
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:17 PM »
Para Troopa

Video Games / Re: Kirby
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Kirby 64 was my fav. So much 3D, such fun bosses, and a damn epic final encounter with one of the best boss tracks for the console. Canvas Curse was also a fav, for the neat mechanics and the equally epic final boss battle.

Currently playing Epic Yarn, which I'd been wanting to do for years. So quilty, so fun, so relaxing. No deaths in sight. So much chill... -w-

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello!
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »
Welcome to the forums, and I'll hold you to your word about those fan games. I expect fun times, dammit!

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: August 01, 2014, 11:01:40 PM »
No! Brute of a Man is the better beginner's game  :Kappa:

But yeah, welcome!

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »
Get that Miku on, and welcome to the forums!

« on: July 31, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »
Got two games here:

(click to show/hide)

Another Series Z 2 game, and also relatively easy. Each screen has its own gimmick, though the final area is just a short scrolling screen segment, sorta a letdown. Miku boss was kinda annoying, but the music was cheery and short. And all the Touhou love!  :atkHappy:

(click to show/hide)

The freakiest avoidance fight I've ever played... and also a bitch with RNG. An attack told the end was also hard to anticipate, and twice I choked at the very final attack. So much trouble for a fight that's little over a minute long :'(

(click to show/hide)

Only one platforming screen and an avoidance boss. Must say this is the first fangame I've seen to use gorillas as an obstacle. The avoidance fight is also insane. Not insane as in difficult, but utterly bonkers. So many random things and visuals thrown at you, it's kinda catchy... that is until the RNG forces you to repeat the fight over and over again so that it gets tedious. But as far as first impressions go, it's pretty quirky.

« on: July 27, 2014, 04:26:23 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Holy shit... that final fight took me WAAAAY longer than anticipated. But yeah, it's finally done: I am now the Orbit.

A sequel, challenge upgrade to Assaulted, this game got pretty tough toward the end. The Marisa fight was especially a bitch, and Mecarobo was kinda annoying, but otherwise another grand enterprise courtesy of dagger and tsutashin. Took me longer to beat than Sunrise, but I had fun with this one so it's no worry. And listening to Uverworld during the credits just made the victory all the sweeter (been wondering whose copyright was being imposed). It's especially gratifying knowing that I was able to beat what I thought was once impossible. How far I have come indeed  :atkHappy:

With that over and done with, I'll just chill with some short games, then it's on to the next tsutashin challenge: Preference!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 25, 2014, 12:45:20 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Holy Fucking shit I finally beat her! Oh my god I just had to yell and clap when I finally took Marisa down. The fight was just strenuous: repeated jump button pressing, RNG and precision timing made for a lot of frustrated repeats. The Mirror Ball part was pretty fun, but it just takes so many tries to get to it. But when I finally get to the last spell card, I beat it first try!! SO DAMN HAPPY I'M CRYING FOR REALS!!

So, with perhaps the hardest fight in the game out of the way, it's onward through the final stage. Miku, here I come!

EDIT:
(click to show/hide)

I've come home, Miku.

« on: July 21, 2014, 11:28:53 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Very short, but very fun game. Seeing it in Series Z 2 had me intrigued, but it turns out the game is incredibly easy. Plenty of variety though, though much of it is overly simplistic and it ends way too quickly. There's a hard mode, which I may give a try some other time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14