Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - klazen108

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »
In statistics

Uh oh, you guys have done it now. TJ's bringing out the big guns :Kappa:

also... (as of may 4)

Looks like things are working out, and I didn't even have to remove any reviews ;)

Unless we want to muddy up one of our draw events (gross!) the only way we can ensure one collision check happens before another is by performing the checks in one or more of the 3 Step events.

E.g., we could do both checks in End Step, or do one in Step and another in End Step.

The downside of this is, we incur overhead when we perform a collision check in a Step event instead of using a collision event. (We also might have to rewrite the collision logic due to the change in locale.)

I would say putting the collision checks in End Step would be fine. That way you can check block collision, rectify the kid's position, and then check for playerkillers in the new position. The slowdown you'll incur from that is negligible:

As you can see, using the collision event, the player spends 4% of the time handling collision. Using the step event, he spends 2% of the time handling the collision. Never do premature optimization!

I'll have to test to see if this performs identically; I just threw it together to profile it really quick.

delicious fruit is great for getting good games by looking at their ratings.
eeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... ᶦᵈᵏ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ

Feel free to go on and rate games yourself :Kappa: b

Tournaments / Re: FGM Setup
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
I think using a RTMP Server for re-streaming would make things a lot less complex for the person restreaming.

I'm not familiar with the terminology, but wouldn't an RTMP server be the equivalent of our own private video ingest server, that everyone would have to reconfigure their OBS to connect to? Then the restreamer would pull up and capture the RTMP stream and format with OBS before restreaming to twitch? What about when there are multiple people (say, during a race), can an RTMP ingest take more than one person at a time (and how would the restreamer have access to each individual stream)?

This is just the picture I've pieced together from googling 'RTMP', I don't know the details... but the only benefit I see is that the original streams (from the runners) won't show up on twitch cause they won't be streaming to twitch, they'll be streaming to my PC (or whoever is running the RTMP server). If I've got it all wrong please correct me! I'd love to setup an RTMP server on my raspberry PI and try it out  :FrankerZ:

Off Topic / Re: IWBTF is better
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:25:40 AM »
dude my feels :BibleThump:

« on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:56 PM »
Yeah, you don't have to write a text review to go along with a rating if you don't want to; every part of the rating system is independent. You can add only tags, or review & tags with no ratings, or just difficulty & review with no rating, etc... You can add anything you'd like without feeling pressured to do the other sections. For instance, I like to go through and tag games that I know fit certain tags, but I don't rate them because I've only beaten like 5 fangames :Kappa:

Programming Questions / Re: Kamilia color change
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
Yeah this is a cool gimmick! Here's how I'd implement it :atkHappy:

First off, we all know most deadly objects in fangames have "playerKiller" as their parent:

For this gimmick, the color-dependent objects you make (I'm going to refer to them as red/blue just for the sake of clarity, they don't have to be only red/blue) should not do this. Instead, make two new objects, redPlayerKiller and bluePlayerKiller. Inside each of these, add an end step event with the following code:
Code: [Select]
if (place_meeting(x,y,player)) with (player) if (color != c_red) killPlayer();

Note that the code above is for the redPlayerKiller, make sure to change c_red to c_blue for bluePlayerKiller! You can kinda read it like a sentence: "if I'm touching the player, then if the player's color isn't red, kill him" - that's what we want!

Now, you make your red/blue killer objects, and give those objects redPlayerKiller and bluePlayerKiller for parents.

For the player, add a Key Press <Up> event (can be any key you want, I think it was up in K3?) and add the following code:
if (color==c_red) color=c_blue;
else color==c_red;

This will switch the color between red & blue.

In order to show the user what color he has selected, you can draw some white object above him; use player.color for the image_blend and it'll show you the color you are! Take a look at this example object to see what I mean:

Just give that a white sprite, and it'll be tinted red if the player has selected red, and blue if the player selected blue.

Note that the player's going to start out with no color - so make sure you set color=c_red or color=c_blue in the player's create event, or you can add the player's color to the save code (an exercise left to the reader :Kappa: )

Programming Questions / Re: Avoidance Battles - Help plz!
« on: April 01, 2015, 09:43:39 AM »
I guess now i can make myself my own Rainbow Miku with Shitty Japanese Anime Music and a Moving Grid Background right? Kappa

:Kreygasm:

« on: March 23, 2015, 08:25:00 PM »
All the download links point back to the Fangame Wiki. If you've posted your game there, and you update it there, then delicious fruit will have the correct download link as well. I like to think of the site as an extension of the wiki, instead of a replacement.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *READY SET GO!*
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »
Good luck to all the participants this year :denMiku_v2:

Programming Questions / Re: Gravity
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
That's because the player sets his gravity back to normal every step (here's a picture from Seph's Engine, but it works the same in all engines):

To fix it, you need to change that line in the step event to
gravity=player_gravity
and add the following to the create event:
player_gravity=0.4
Then you can edit your code to be
with(player){player_gravity = 0.2;}
And it should work! (Remember to reset player_gravity=0.4 when you're done with it, on game load or room start or game reset etc, or else people can keep their different gravities in places you wouldn't expect!)

« on: March 18, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
Thanks for the bug report Kryshtal! I've updated the code to properly expand the review after you reveal a spoiler if it needs it.

« on: February 26, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
Wouldn't it be useful to include the game name on this page, or possibly merge the Ratings and Reviews pages?

EDIT: I also noticed clicking a game from a user's clear list just reloads their profile page for whatever reason?

I'm dumb :wixSanic:

Both of those should be fixed now. I'm trying to beef up the profile pages, they should be something everyone is excited to fill out and share! Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to look over it and find out that I can't code :Kappa:

« on: February 26, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
The Delicious Fruit Tag System is now live! Add tags like "Needle" "Trap" and "Miku" to games, and search by tag to easily find all games in certain genres! Read more here!

Programming Questions / Re: roomChanger problem
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »
Alright, if you have an outsideroomChanger object then it means you're using a newer version of yuuutu, one that's different from the one I used when I wrote the tutorial. I opened up the new version  and turns out the roomchanger functionality is indeed broken. To fix it, you need to remove two lines from the player's code:
(click to show/hide)

This will make the outsideroomChanger behave like the old roomChanger object. Guess I need to update my tutorial (I've got a lot of things in there that need changing anyway...)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20