Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - klazen108

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Programming Questions / Re: roomChanger problem
« on: February 18, 2015, 10:32:59 AM »
It works for me in the basic yuuutu engine, so something else about your rooms must be off. You don't need a playerstart object in the next room, the kid from the last room will go over. make sure there's not a block in the next room where the kid wants to go. If the room you're warping from is not the same size as the room you're warping to then you will have issues.

It might help to see the room the kid is supposed to go to, so we can see if something else is going on.

Walking between rooms:
https://gyazo.com/6e170088b73ccd9e2240fd2a3a2eb519

Room layouts:
(click to show/hide)

Code explanation:
(click to show/hide)

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:06:24 PM »
Small update to the site today! (aside from all the bug reports I've been silently handling :P )

We now support "Advanced Search"! Check it out:
(click to show/hide)

You can now search by Name, Author, Rating Range, Difficulty Range, and (if you're logged in) whether or not you've cleared the game! I've added an "Advanced..." button next to the search bar at the top of every page, so you can easily access it.

If you have any other parameters you'd like to be able to search by, post your suggestions here!

P.S. We passed 350 reviews today, you guys are awesome! Keep it up!

« on: February 09, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
On the newest fangame chart I think you switched Difficulty and Rating.  Should be Rating then Difficulty, not the other way around.

Thanks for the report, that should be fixed now!

« on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:11 PM »
Also, I think it would be a good idea to add a section with games not on the actual wiki (no links to them), just so there's proof they have existed (and also to add them to your favorites and/or clear list if you have played/beaten them).

On the home page there's a "Submit Game" link (only visible when logged in), you can submit a game there to add it to the database. We're not accepting links using this method, to respect creators wishes who want their game to not be available. If you want your game to be available with a download please submit it to the wiki, our system will pick it up from there and copy it over. That being said please feel free to add as many games as you want using our system!

I hope the interface gets improved though, it looks a bit bland and plain.

I'll admit I'm not an artist, I'm more concerned with making things work, I only work on the beauty aspect of it when someone yells at how bad my mockups are :Kappa: If anyone has HTML/CSS talent, and would like to help make the site look nicer, please get in contact with me!

Would also be cool if people could not review their own game or post troll reviews, but maybe that's just me.

As of now, there's no clear way to tell which accounts made which games. We're planning on implementing a "claim" system at a later point, where you can claim games you made and we manually link them to your account; we can revisit this issue then.

On the topic of trolls, every review submitted to the site is examined by an administrator, and we're working hard to ensure that trolls are stopped in their tracks. We're banning obvious fakes and removing off-topic/offensive reviews, and you can help us by reporting them if you find we've missed one (that includes games and screenshots too!). Don't report a review just because you disagree with it though - everyone's entitled to their opinion!

Glad to see interest in this little project, and stay tuned, because we're working daily to add all the features you guys have requested - after all, the site is for you!

Tools & Software / Re: Crystalline - a Particle System Tool!
« on: January 19, 2015, 07:15:04 PM »
i cant particles, i should look at the gmk to learn how or something Kappa

That's what the export scripts button is for, you don't even have to know how particles work, you just make them look fancy in the tool and I create all the code for you :4Head:

Tools & Software / Re: Crystalline - a Particle System Tool!
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
Version 1.1 is out! Sorry if you already downloaded 1.0, but Kady had some things he wanted me to add :Kappa:

Tools & Software / Crystalline - a Particle System Tool!
« on: January 19, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »
HeyGuys

I developed a tool for Game Maker Particle Systems, because I got tired of having to recompile the GMK every time I made one tiny change. This tool lets you edit particles in real time, so you can instantly see your code in action!

I've tried to simplify everything, and even included a randomizer function in case you have no idea and just want to roll the dice and see what happens. You can also save/load particles, and export the scripts needed to import them into Game Maker! Now there's no reason for people not to use particles :Kappa:

You can see a screenshot of the program in action here:
(click to show/hide)

I hope you find it useful! Please let me know if I can improve it, or if you have any problems with it.

--Latest Version--
Download Crystalline V1.2 Here!

--Old Versions--
Download Crystalline V1.1 Here!
Download Crystalline V1.0 Here!

Code: [Select]
Changelog
==V1.2
-Fixed issue with third color not being saved to the export script
-Added new example effects (rain & America)

==V1.1 (thanks to kady for making me not be lazy)
-Added ability to move the emitter region with the mouse
-Included burst code in exported scripts

==V1.0
-Released

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:24:45 PM »
"Error reading byte" is an indicator that you've got some code reading a file improperly. This usually happens to me after I add lines to my save code to save & read a new value from the save file, but the save file that exists on disk doesn't have that new value in it yet. Therefore, when it goes to read that value from the file, it errors out because it's past the end of the file. Once you save to the file again the new value will be in there, so it won't error out again. Does this sound like it could be your problem? It would match your "only happens sometimes" problem ;)

If you think it might be something else, check the code in the create event of the "menuBossDisplay" object - try to figure out what it's loading, and why it might not be able to load that. Let me know if that helps any!

Programming Questions / Re: Timelines and Boss Fights Help
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
It would really help to see your code, so that we can see what might be wrong. You can cut out the unimportant parts if you don't want to reveal all your secret boss designs :Kappa:

If you want to post the full timeline, you can use pastebin.com to upload the "Show Information" dialog which will show all the code in the timeline. If you have any alarms or step events that are supposed to affect it then post those too. Switching timelines is possible so we'll figure out why it's not working in your case.

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: January 06, 2015, 11:58:55 AM »
make sure you're doing draw actions in the draw event - all "draw" code needs to be done in that event.

For example, I just did this and it worked fine https://prntscr.com/5p7oo2

Let me know if it's not working for another reason!

⎛                ⎞
⎜   •­       •  ⎟
⎝       ᴗ       ⎠

Programming Questions / Re: FATAL ERROR in Gamemaker 8.1 Yuuutu Engine
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:58:37 AM »
If you're running games/GMKs from inside a RAR/ZIP archive, you're really not supposed to do that. What happens is Windows will create a hidden temp folder where the files inside the archive get sent to, you won't see it and who knows what will end up in there (in your case, you probably had a temp file referencing the old room which no longer existed). Always make sure to extract the files to a folder on your desktop, documents folder, wherever, and that will avoid all the problems.

Tournaments / Re: WFC: Week 3 22.12.2014 - 28.12.2014
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:21:42 PM »
Fib: 1:44:39

(click to show/hide)

My first avoidance, it's such a good one :Kreygasm:

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *PRELIMINARY*
« on: December 26, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
If it makes you feel any better Matt, I gave Yosniper my address last year after winning, and I have yet to be hunted down and killed :Kappa:

The Lounge / Re: Axfc uploader dowload problem(?)
« on: December 17, 2014, 12:56:01 PM »
This screen is the "Your download is automatically starting. If it doesn't start in 5 seconds, click here" screen

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20