Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - klazen108

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Windows 10 Cultured + GENKI fix
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:57:15 PM »
Is this windows 10 specific? I didn't know there was a flag in the PE headers that lets a program use more than 2GB of address space... This could actually be really big! I wonder if this would help people that can't run big fangames on older systems as well.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
The translation process is pretty simple. All you have to do is download a program called poedit, and then open up a file I send and add in the translations for each item. Here's a screenshot showing Korean translations in progress:

Things like news items and user reviews won't be translated, just the static text around the website, so it's a one-and-done deal. If you're interested, just get in contact with me and I can send you the file you need and help you get set up.

« on: April 22, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
Added rating count to all the tables I could think of, and a release date column to the front page as well. The release date is actually the delfruit add date, so it may be off by a little, but it's the best I can offer. Also we don't have the dates for games released before delfruit went live, so you won't be seeing that on the full list just yet. I'm going to be updating the database with the release dates for as many games as I can find, so maybe soon™

The FGM2016 Submissions List is now live! It's updated manually, so don't freak out if your submission doesn't show up right away. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to coordinate races, pick games that haven't been picked yet, and build hype for the marathon!

View the FGM2016 Submissions List

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Dates/Scheduling
« on: April 04, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
I'll be graduating on the 3rd so it'd be great if the marathon was a week later

Is anyone opposed to moving it to Jun 10-12?

Game Design / Re: I Wanna Be The Dreamer [Devolopment]
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:58:59 PM »

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey there
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »
neat

Programming Questions / Re: Bullets and invisible blocks problem
« on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
Just check the the bullet object. There's a collision with block event there that destroys if it collides with a block, right? Try this in that event:
Code: [Select]
if (other.object_index==invisibleBlock || other.object_index==fakeBlock) {
    if (other.visible) instance_destroy();
} else instance_destroy();

Assuming all those blocks have block as their parent, then if the block is an invisibleBlock or fakeBlock, only destroy if visible. Otherwise, just destroy.

Change the names if they're not the same, and if the parents aren't block, just make a new new collision event for them. Should work just fine!

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: February 18, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »
Stickied this topic. Good luck to all the participants!

« on: February 11, 2016, 05:07:57 PM »
Also, I don't know if this is related to the maintenance somehow but the Bingo link is broken.

Sorry, forgot to migrate the bingo part over in all the commotion. Everything should be done now, if you encounter any more issues of course you know where to send your complaints! If you don't see the new site yet please be patient, it may take some time for your ISP to realize the site moved.

With the new site, we finally have automatic wiki pulling again, so your games should make it to delfruit within 8 hours of the wiki updating!

Also, I've added a "Games" tab to your profile, so you can see the games for which you've been registered as owner. It works for others too, check someone's profile to see the games they made!

« on: February 11, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »
I think I've seen maybe one bot sign up (had a name like vuittonhandbags or something, I can't remember), but I'm pretty sure we just left it because it never posted anything. So far, I have yet to see a spam review. I believe they may be able to find the registration page if they're lucky, but since the website is completely built from scratch, there's no "how to hock your wares on delfruit" tutorial available for bot writers. So, the bots don't know how to work the site, they fail and they give up.

Bots work by crawling the web, attacking any IP they can get a response from. As soon as they figure out there's a server there, they start checking to see if there's a phpbb or smf forum installed, or a wordpress blog, or any of the other common web applications you can put on a server. They also scan for pages that look like registration pages, maybe like "/register.php". The goal for the bot owners isn't to break into every site out there, but rather to find as many vulnerable sites as possible - it's a bit like throwing spaghetti at the wall, and waiting to see if any sticks.

This isn't unique to webpages either - on the new server I'm moving delfruit to, I see tens of malicious login attempts over SSH (the server admin interface) on the server every hour. Bots, just scanning the internet for any server that will answer them, and then spamming common passwords hoping one of the thousands of servers they're scanning will open up for them. However I stopped using passwords and switched to a cryptographic key, and auto ban any machine that tries to log in to the default admin account instantly, or that fails 3 times to log into a standard admin account. It's a bit like watching moths fly into a bug zapper - pretty amusing!

Anyway, I got sidetracked on a rant, but the point of my post is that delfruit is pretty safe against bots simply because it doesn't fit the website pattern the bots expect. But that doesn't mean it's safe forever - it's only safe because the bot writers don't consider it a high enough profile target to write a custom bot for!

« on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:45 AM »
Also, where did all the reviews go, and how exactly do you request creator status?

Sorry, reviews were glitchy for a couple of minutes while the code changes loaded in production. Everything's been ironed out now!

To request ownership of a game, you need to report the game and ask for ownership. Also, if it's not 100% obvious that your delfruit account is the owner, you'll need to provide proof or otherwise contact an admin directly outside of the site so we can verify that you are the creator (twitch whispers, skype pms, forum pms, etc all work great)

« on: February 01, 2016, 11:02:47 PM »
Wannabe of the Month announcement alert! What happens when you double the max bullet count?
You get TenShots!
Bad puns aside, TenShotsTV has earned himself the February Wannabe of the Month! Ten is no stranger to I Wanna Be The Guy and its fangames - he originally had the Glitchless World Record in the original IWBTG! He has also speedran a variety of fangames such as Galaxy, Find My Destiny, and NANG! Throughout this month, Tenshots is working on his own project he has dubbed the "tenKid tour," where he attempts to beat a whole slew of difficult fangames! Come give him some friendly fangame encouragement @ https://www.tenshots.tv, or the usual www.twitch.tv/TenshotsTV!

yo also we got creator reviews now you can claim a game if your the creater and your reviews gonna be put up at the top and green so people notice it and also there's attributes so if you want to have your game check delfruit to see if its time to download a new version you can do that with our super fancy rest api json in the cloud synergy management

« on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:33 PM »
Yeah cleaning out the tags is a time-consuming process as I have to open up the database and decide whether to move tags to more appropriate categories (like Meedly to Medley, come on guys, take one second to spell it correctly) or whether it should just go poof, and also if I need to warn the taggers that we don't take kindly to that kind of talk round here etc etc

Anyway I've cleaned up a bunch of the tags, and I'm considering closing off the new tag creation process soon. I think having new tags approved by admins would prevent the system from becoming clogged with garbage like it was earlier. Then we can work out which tags we want to keep and which ones get the axe.

Video Games / Re: Mario Maker
« on: December 25, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20