Author Topic: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!  (Read 93381 times)

Cantavanda

• Wannabe
  • ❋ Prince of the magical flower forest ❋
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.86 Chrome 46.0.2490.86
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
Hello there, I wen ton this page, and sorted the list by rating, because I wanted to see the highest rated fangames. Only to find that the best ones were all obscure fangames with only ONE rating.
Is it possible to make a kind of search function that will sort the best fangames, but not only with average score, but also how many ratings it has, that way, only ones that have been rated a lot, and still have a good 9+ or 8+ score will appear there. That would be amazing.
Thanks!

-Cantavanda

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Android 4.4.2 Android 4.4.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.76 Chrome 46.0.2490.76
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
Merged your original topic with this one since it directly correlates.

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2015, 10:02:16 PM »
Hello there, I wen ton this page, and sorted the list by rating, because I wanted to see the highest rated fangames. Only to find that the best ones were all obscure fangames with only ONE rating.
Is it possible to make a kind of search function that will sort the best fangames, but not only with average score, but also how many ratings it has, that way, only ones that have been rated a lot, and still have a good 9+ or 8+ score will appear there. That would be amazing.
Thanks!

-Cantavanda

This is definitely something I've thought about, the ability to search for fangames with a certain threshold number of ratings. There's lot of neat statistics we could play on the set of ratings! However, as of right now, we've only got 5000 reviews for 3000 fangames - on average, there's 1.6 ratings per game (and over 1000 games with no rating at all!). Now don't get me wrong, 5000 reviews is freaking insane, and I think it's awesome we've had this much community involvement! But I think from a statistical point of view, we still don't have enough data to start drawing conclusions at this time.

I'll play around with the idea of a review count threshold, if I get results that look useful I'll consider pushing an update (don't take that as a promise :Kappa: )

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
Hello Del-Fruiters!

This month's "Wannabe of the Month" designation goes to Eelusion!

It's Boshy Time! At least, that's what you'll hear numerous times over at Eelusion's channel! Eelusion is a fairly new addition to the Wannabes and a community member for a number of years. He has an intense interest in Boshy, and has quite rapidly climbed the ranks to 5th in the Any% category. Although 5th might not sound impressive, his runs are frequently on pace for a top 3 time, including the infamous WR Pace . We hope you encourage him on his journey to become the #1 Boshy Any% player in the world!

You can also find Eelusion on twitter! @ https://twitter.com/Eelusion_Twitch

Congrats to Eelusion, and we hope the end of the year is wonderful for each and every one of you!

-TJ&Klazen

Derf

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 43.0 Firefox 43.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2015, 05:05:20 AM »
I'm curious, did anything ever come off the aim to switch del-fruit from passive to active fangame management? I know Klazen and I discussed the difficulties a few months back but has anything progressed on that front?

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Android 4.4.2 Android 4.4.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.83 Chrome 47.0.2526.83
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
https://imgur.com/qUFf6mW I'm thinking it may be time to clean out the tags a bit; it's ridiculous how many tags there are that only have the use of excoriating a game (and its creator, perhaps) or for the novelty of having the tag exist.

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.111 Chrome 47.0.2526.111
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:33 PM »
Yeah cleaning out the tags is a time-consuming process as I have to open up the database and decide whether to move tags to more appropriate categories (like Meedly to Medley, come on guys, take one second to spell it correctly) or whether it should just go poof, and also if I need to warn the taggers that we don't take kindly to that kind of talk round here etc etc

Anyway I've cleaned up a bunch of the tags, and I'm considering closing off the new tag creation process soon. I think having new tags approved by admins would prevent the system from becoming clogged with garbage like it was earlier. Then we can work out which tags we want to keep and which ones get the axe.

JGBMaster

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 48.0.2564.97 Chrome 48.0.2564.97
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
Sometimes, when I'm trying to find a new needle game to play I have to search through some pages of reviews till I find the "Needle" tag. I think it would be great if we could just have links to all of the fangame genre tags and some other popular tags on the front page so people can just click them or type them on a search bar for tags. And talking about tags, I think it would be cool to add the "random game" feature for each tag.

Oh, and I think that adding the option to just find games with only a tag in particular would be cool too. The reason why I think this is a good idea is because there's people who are avoidance-exclusive players that I'm sure they hate when the game they're playing is "ruined" by "boring" or "bullshit" needle, or needle-exclusive players that just don't want to have to deal with avoidance fights/bosses, etc.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jgb_iw
YouTube: gamemastr97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgb_iw
Speedrun.com: https://www.speedrun.com/jgbmaster
Discord: JGB#1037

Artardss

• Wannabe
  • ψ
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 43.0 Firefox 43.0
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
Sometimes, when I'm trying to find a new needle game to play I have to search through some pages of reviews till I find the "Needle" tag. I think it would be great if we could just have links to all of the fangame genre tags and some other popular tags on the front page so people can just click them or type them on a search bar for tags. And talking about tags, I think it would be cool to add the "random game" feature for each tag.

Oh, and I think that adding the option to just find games with only a tag in particular would be cool too. The reason why I think this is a good idea is because there's people who are avoidance-exclusive players that I'm sure they hate when the game they're playing is "ruined" by "boring" or "bullshit" needle, or needle-exclusive players that just don't want to have to deal with avoidance fights/bosses, etc.

You can click on "advanced" in the top right corner of the website. You can then search by tag, and if you press "I'm feeling lucky!" you get a random game with that tag. You can also Reroll when you get a result you're not happy with.

edit: Having some kind of "exclude" tag could be good yes. So people can for example search for "adventure", but exclude "trap" or what you mentioned with Needle/avoidance games.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:03:31 AM by Artardss »

JGBMaster

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
You can click on "advanced" in the top right corner of the website. You can then search by tag, and if you press "I'm feeling lucky!" you get a random game with that tag. You can also Reroll when you get a result you're not happy with.

Didn't know that :o
Thanks!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/jgb_iw
YouTube: gamemastr97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jgb_iw
Speedrun.com: https://www.speedrun.com/jgbmaster
Discord: JGB#1037

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 11:02:47 PM »
Wannabe of the Month announcement alert! What happens when you double the max bullet count?
You get TenShots!
Bad puns aside, TenShotsTV has earned himself the February Wannabe of the Month! Ten is no stranger to I Wanna Be The Guy and its fangames - he originally had the Glitchless World Record in the original IWBTG! He has also speedran a variety of fangames such as Galaxy, Find My Destiny, and NANG! Throughout this month, Tenshots is working on his own project he has dubbed the "tenKid tour," where he attempts to beat a whole slew of difficult fangames! Come give him some friendly fangame encouragement @ https://www.tenshots.tv, or the usual www.twitch.tv/TenshotsTV!

yo also we got creator reviews now you can claim a game if your the creater and your reviews gonna be put up at the top and green so people notice it and also there's attributes so if you want to have your game check delfruit to see if its time to download a new version you can do that with our super fancy rest api json in the cloud synergy management

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:23 PM »
What Klazen is trying to say is:

You asked, we delivered! Creators now have a little more presence on del-fruit!

So what does this mean?

Every game must have a creator, right? If you're a creator of a game on del-fruit, you can request to be given special "creator" status on the reviews of that game only. Each request is hand-spun and placed on a velvet pillow before being given to a moderator for approval or denial. If you are approved as the "verified" creator of a game, you will receive a special "creator" tag on your review of your game, put at the top of the review list, and given a special review color. This is to give you, as a creator, a chance to preview or talk about your game to any potential new players!

In addition to the creator buff, we're also adding in a version checker for creators to use on their games that are currently listed on del-fruit! Using a fancy, magic-laced program, creators will be allowed to update the version number that will be reflected on del-fruit, as a way of keeping all of your fans up-to-date on the latest and greatest version of your game. Of course, you will still need to update your download link on the wiki - we can't control that!

Let us know what you think!

128-Up

• Spike Dodger
  • Lives are an antiquated concept.
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2016, 11:19:02 PM »
Wannabe of the Month announcement alert! What happens when you double the max bullet count?
You get TenShots!

Wouldn't that be EightShots?

EDIT:

Also, where did all the reviews go, and how exactly do you request creator status?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:22:16 PM by 128-Up »

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:45 AM »
Also, where did all the reviews go, and how exactly do you request creator status?

Sorry, reviews were glitchy for a couple of minutes while the code changes loaded in production. Everything's been ironed out now!

To request ownership of a game, you need to report the game and ask for ownership. Also, if it's not 100% obvious that your delfruit account is the owner, you'll need to provide proof or otherwise contact an admin directly outside of the site so we can verify that you are the creator (twitch whispers, skype pms, forum pms, etc all work great)

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.130 Chrome 43.0.2357.130
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2016, 03:38:26 AM »
You get TenShots!

What a lie, his break screen only has 9 bullets, you can't fill the clip with one missing bullet, so it is not doubled, it is 1.80

In all seriousness, congrats ten i guiess
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:45:02 AM by Swordslinger »
A Random Signature