Author Topic: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!  (Read 93379 times)

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2013 Windows 8.1/Server 2013
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.111 Chrome 40.0.2214.111
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

Klazen, with the help of myself and patrickgh3, have created a site that is essentially the fangame wiki, but with add-ons.

www.delicious-fruit.com

This site, first and foremost, pulls all the games from the wiki and puts it into one convenient site, loaded with the game name, creator name, and download link. This game is then allowed to be reviewed by anyone who has an account on the site. Ratings come in two flavors - "fun" and difficulty. These ratings are averaged with other user's ratings for a total rating.

So what's special about it? What are the features? Well, here's a list!

Fangame ratings of both "fun" and difficulty!
Ability to sort fangames by fun/difficulty ratings!
Free account signup!
Post your own review for the world to see!
Every account can be linked to a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Nico page!
You can track what games you have rated, what games you have favorited, and what games you have completed, all under one profile!
Screenshots of the game may be available! (if they are submitted by users)
A fresh take on an old way of sorting fangames!
Ability to search for games by name AND by author!

We are working out bugs as this is largely a work-in-progress. The ratings will seem wonky for each individual game until there are a minimum of 15 reviews, where the average will start to even out.
If you have any bug reporting to do on the site, you can post here or preferably click the report button the site!

We hope you enjoy it!

-Klazen108 and TJ
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:18:33 PM by tehjman1993 »

OhNoezEinPandy

• Spike Dodger
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.109 Chrome 40.0.2214.109
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:36 AM »
This is a pretty big project guys which could technically require an insane amount of administrative monitoring to keep it free of complete trolling.

I just want to ask everyone who participates in reviewing to write honest reviews. And please do not reflect on a game if you are still salty about it due to playing it directly before.

Thank you Klazen, TJ and Patrick!

Swordslinger

• Sectional Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.154 Chrome 33.0.1750.154
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:11 AM »
This is something that me personally would use to a very minimum, the reviews and all that are a nice little feature, I hope the interface gets improved though, it looks a bit bland and plain. That's just my opinion however.

Though if i were to write a review, knowing my negative thoughts on, some, games, I would probably get yelled off of the page instantly.

Good luck with it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:59:46 AM by Swordslinger »
A Random Signature

Stepcore

• Cherry Eater
  • Dreamer of Wizard
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:41:29 AM »
This is pretty cool. Will definitely be using.

Would also be cool if people could not review their own game or post troll reviews, but maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:33:54 AM by Stepcore »
:PogChamp:

128-Up

• Spike Dodger
  • Lives are an antiquated concept.
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »
I saw that UpRising's in there. I know I can't review my own stuff, but is it okay for me to put the screenshots from the thread I made here on that page?

Also, if I may suggest something, maybe have a column on the fangame list stating whether the game is complete or not? Like "Completed", "In Progress", "Tech Demo", "Cancelled"?

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
I saw that UpRising's in there. I know I can't review my own stuff, but is it okay for me to put the screenshots from the thread I made here on that page?

Also, if I may suggest something, maybe have a column on the fangame list stating whether the game is complete or not? Like "Completed", "In Progress", "Tech Demo", "Cancelled"?

You can post/screenshot/review anything you would like. There are no restrictions on that. All screenshots are approved by a moderator before they are public. We may consider different "fangame" in progress/completed/etc. categories in the near future after we clean up some of the site. Thanks!

128-Up

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »

You can post/screenshot/review anything you would like. There are no restrictions on that. All screenshots are approved by a moderator before they are public. We may consider different "fangame" in progress/completed/etc. categories in the near future after we clean up some of the site. Thanks!

Oh neat. ^^

This is pretty cool. Will definitely be using.

Would also be cool if people could not review their own game or post troll reviews, but maybe that's just me.

Did you notice Kyir giving all his games a 10 rating too? :P

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »
The goal is for after 15 or more reviews, the "average" review will be at a place where most of the community agrees with it. Of course, you will get fangame makers that give their own game a 10/10 and give other games extreme reviews (either negative or positive) that really sway the initial average. These reviews won't affect the average much after we receive more data/reviews, so it will even itself out!

Please note: If you think you can make multiple accounts to boost/destroy a game's rating, you're going to be permanently IP banned. We can see all of this on the backend of the site, so please be respectful. We do not wish to ban this service to anyone, as it is meant to help the community.

One last note: A BIG thank you to everyone who has contributed so far! Klazen and I will continue to improve upon the site as much as we can. If you want to help contribute to a hopefully great website for fangames, the best you can do is honestly review any game you're comfortable reviewing, uploading screenshots, and reporting any comments/games that are inappropriate and/or do not belong. Thanks so much!

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 03:50:59 PM »
While I did review one of my own games, at least I tried to be honest with it  :atkWaifu:

Also, I think it would be a good idea to add a section with games not on the actual wiki (no links to them), just so there's proof they have existed (and also to add them to your favorites and/or clear list if you have played/beaten them).

128-Up

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to add a section with games not on the actual wiki (no links to them), just so there's proof they have existed (and also to add them to your favorites and/or clear list if you have played/beaten them).

I agree with this.

I tried finding all the games I cleared on the website, but couldn't find the Blow Game Trilogy or Get the Yellow Star, plus others.

Shinytyphlosion

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 10.0 MS Internet Explorer 10.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 06:32:42 PM »
On the newest fangame chart I think you switched Difficulty and Rating.  Should be Rating then Difficulty, not the other way around.
Please disregard the above.

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:11 PM »
Also, I think it would be a good idea to add a section with games not on the actual wiki (no links to them), just so there's proof they have existed (and also to add them to your favorites and/or clear list if you have played/beaten them).

On the home page there's a "Submit Game" link (only visible when logged in), you can submit a game there to add it to the database. We're not accepting links using this method, to respect creators wishes who want their game to not be available. If you want your game to be available with a download please submit it to the wiki, our system will pick it up from there and copy it over. That being said please feel free to add as many games as you want using our system!

I hope the interface gets improved though, it looks a bit bland and plain.

I'll admit I'm not an artist, I'm more concerned with making things work, I only work on the beauty aspect of it when someone yells at how bad my mockups are :Kappa: If anyone has HTML/CSS talent, and would like to help make the site look nicer, please get in contact with me!

As of now, there's no clear way to tell which accounts made which games. We're planning on implementing a "claim" system at a later point, where you can claim games you made and we manually link them to your account; we can revisit this issue then.

On the topic of trolls, every review submitted to the site is examined by an administrator, and we're working hard to ensure that trolls are stopped in their tracks. We're banning obvious fakes and removing off-topic/offensive reviews, and you can help us by reporting them if you find we've missed one (that includes games and screenshots too!). Don't report a review just because you disagree with it though - everyone's entitled to their opinion!

Glad to see interest in this little project, and stay tuned, because we're working daily to add all the features you guys have requested - after all, the site is for you!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:57:22 AM by klazen108 »

klazen108

• Administrator
  • The Kid
  • your a kid now your a squid now
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Delicious-Fruit
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 10:10:07 PM »
On the newest fangame chart I think you switched Difficulty and Rating.  Should be Rating then Difficulty, not the other way around.

Thanks for the report, that should be fixed now!

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Tv Channel
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »
You guys did an awesome job on this website, I hope it grows and expands in the future.
Signature

thebmxbandit11

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 06:15:45 AM »
awesome site! Being able to see what type of game you are downloading before playing it is gonna be great :p