Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - klazen108

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Get Rekt
« on: September 23, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
That's for being the 999,999th visitor to the boss room! click here to claim your prize!

Programming Questions / Re: Loading external bgm before game starts
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Yep, the best you can do is to load one song file every step event - that should avoid the game giving the appearance of "locking up". This has the added benefit of allowing you to increment a progress bar during the step event for an accurate representation of loading. I've done this before, it works pretty well.

Unfortunately, there's no way to have parallel processes in GM, so you can't have the main game thread executing and then spawn off a separate process to load the music (at least as far as I know, you might be able to hack this functionality in with an external library, but I haven't seen it yet!). You've gotta break the task down into chunks that the game can run in its loop to give the appearance of multitasking.

« on: September 05, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
Hi taoster, :denMiku_v2:

Sorry, not sure what caused this. Did the autopatcher give you any sort of indicative message? I threw a bunch of messages into the autopatcher for various potential failures, so if you saw one it would be helpful. (There may not have been one, the same thing happened to TJ once and I figured it was just a fluke)

As for fixing the issue, you can manually download the latest version from this thread (use the second link), or you can delete your settings.ini file and the autopatcher will redownload everything for you.

Programming Questions / Re: Death Messages
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:40:06 AM »
You'll need to edit the GAMEOVER object (you'll find it near the player object) - either have it draw_text or draw_sprite whatever you want in the draw event

« on: September 02, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »
Andres if you are reading this please check yours :wixSanic:

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »
Man, i was so hyped for this game really wanted to play it but even the second link doesnt work for me. There is always: Unexpected error occured when running the game. This is already the 3rd game i cant play beacuse of this. :atkCry: What did i do wrong?

Unfortunately, since rekt runs at pretty much the limits of game maker, it can bug out on some computers and not run. What are your specs? I might be able to optimize it more for you.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello!
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:38:33 AM »
Hey Evol! Welcome to the fourms! Hope Dishdryer works out for you :Kappa:

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:58 AM »
Hey cat :denKamilia: / Welcome to the forums!

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:37:01 AM »
po pi po pi po, po pi po!
Welcome to the forums!

Meet and Greet! / Re: s u p
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
k  a     d         y            p                   l                     s

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS*
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Good Knight Sir Rouven, by the laws of Chivalry, I challenge you to a duel to the death to determine who is worthy of the Holy Grail! ...err, I mean the $100!

But in all seriousness, congratulations Rouven on placing first! I haven't seen you around on Twitch in a while, come stop by sometime :atkHappy:

I greatly enjoyed participating in this contest, and seeing how my game was looked upon so well motivates me to keep going further. Congrats also to Gaywizard, the best-named member of the community, and Piece, whose ability to crap out good games is something we all wish we had :Kappa:

And thanks again YoSniper for hosting the contest, managing the judges, and making the videos. I appreciate all the work you did!

I can confirm, the same thing has been happening to me since, uh, forever. No "your message has been sent", no messages in my "Sent Items", just a small line of text on messages that I reply to that states "You have forwarded or responded to this message". Starzor-sama, onegaishimasu :denRin:

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS*
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:33:20 PM »
Another great video :atkHappy: I felt the same way about I Wanna Be The Gun - it looks amazing, and has beautiful graphics, but it just feels wrong calling it a fangame. Maybe with some more polish it could be something great though!

One thing I want to bring to your attention; for I Hate Time Travel you wrote that it got one honorable mention, but said that it got two. It's a minor mistake, but I thought you might want to know.

Thanks for the video, and I'm looking forward to the Final Four! :Kreygasm:

Off Topic / Re: Stonky Kong Racing
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
Too bad it took like 3 hours just to do this, and if no one else can play it then I have no motivation to finish the ultimate Stonky Kong Racing project :denRin:

You'll either have to install an audio extension like SuperSound or FMod into your current game (not easy), or use a different engine with it already built in. Seph's Engine has SSound support built in, as well as an example of how to load external music; I recommend you use that

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20