Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - HAEGOE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: April 16, 2016, 08:19:05 AM »
May I ask how to 'prove' I'm a creator?

Game Design / Re: I Wanna Be The Dreamer [Devolopment]
« on: March 23, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »
FYI there wont be anyone to make the game for you. Just letting you know.
There will be someone if you hire them :Kappa:

seriously speaking, the more specific you ask, the more helpful the answers will be.
If you know nothing at all, there are fangame engines that is used to make games with coded simple kid movements/saving/other functions and such, and often, with tips that can help you(if you can read and understand them)

ooh, cave story sprites.

good to see your love, passion and belief in jump refreshers

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: February 14, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »
Good to see that this year won't be 'the winner takes it all' contest. The fact that people who made more creative and better-looking game didn't get the money because they didn't win the highest scores made me feel guilty.

also, about creativity rule.. can people make a reference to a shoe and horn together, or refer to them more than once(for example : boss is a shoe-wearing giant horn instrument that throws its shoes while making MLG horn noises)?
just curious. not sure I can make it this year.

Video Discussion / Re: Quindeca Ledge
« on: October 31, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »
Amazing!
...Except I see a huge skip that makes you don't have to do any of them :DapperKapper:

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Citadel 1.095(06/29/2015)
« on: October 31, 2015, 07:13:58 AM »
1.1 version is up!

This might be the final version if there are no bugs.
Have fun(if you find this fun)

Video Discussion / Re: Kamilia 3 Killer
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:26:25 AM »
This makes me think Happil 2 is actually decent and enjoyable compared to this...THING

bosses are shooting left upper corners for no reason, jump refreshers doesn't work, you're in 2 and 8 in the same time, all the screen cards turns into i wanna enjoy the game... too many flaws to say every single one of them

and yes it is hilarious  :atkHappy:

Programming Questions / Re: Invincibility Frames
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:50:14 AM »
uhh.. you see, that's where the interval and interval X2 comes in.

for example, if you want to set interval as 5 frame, do this :

if IFrame>0 and IFrame mod 10 < 5 {
//the former is to make sure invisibility toggling works only when invincible, and the latter is for setting toggle interval
visible = 0;
}else{//when the boss is not invincible or when toggled from invisible to visible
visible = 1;
}
basically the same, but there interval is 5 and interval X2 is 10.

« on: July 28, 2015, 04:38:30 AM »
first, here 'mod' means 'modulo operation' or 'remainder'.

so, if you say IFrame mod 4 < 2, it means if you divide 4 into the value 'IFrame' and you get a remainder less than 2.

and since the IFrame is dropping every frame, the remainder of the calculation will also be changed.
as the IFrame goes down, the remainder(IFrame mod 4) will take a cycle of 3->2->1->0->3->2->1->0->3->.. and so on.
now, when remainder is 1 or 0, then the IFrame mod 4 < 2 will be true, which means visible = 0 and boss will be invisible.
and when remainder is 2 or 3, then it will be false, visible = 1 and boss will be visible.

same goes with mod (interval X2) <(interval).
As the IFrame drops, IFrame mod (interval X2), or remainder will take a cycle from interval X2-1 to zero, then back to interval X2-1.
and if the remainder is smaller than interval, then the code will be true, and I believe you'll get the picture.

Of course, interval X2 means twice the interval. By setting it that way, half the remainder will be same or higher than the interval(which means false), and the other half will be lower than that(true), so that you can control the number of frames of invisibility toggle.

hope this is simple enough.. I'm not good at explaining things  :atkCry:

« on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
Well, I'm using this code to toggle a couple of frames later

Code: [Select]
if IFrame>0 and IFrame mod 4 <2{
//the former is to make sure invisibility toggling works only when invincible, and the latter is for setting toggle interval
visible = 0;
}else{//when the boss is not invincible or when toggled from invisible to visible
visible = 1;
}

in the code above, I setted the interval to 2, means boss' invisibility changes each 2 frames.

If you want to increase it(decreasing would means setting it to 1, in which case It's better to use what derf said), you can write it this way

Code: [Select]
if IFrame>0 and IFrame mod (interval X2) <(interval){
//same as above. I suggest writing value as natural number
visible = 0;
}else{
visible = 1;
}

General Games / Re: Describe the person above you
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »
for some reason knows what to write in his sig : random :Kappa:

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The 213
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »
Isn't Freecell Area is a bland ripoff of HAEGOE's Area from SZ2?
Freecell:
(click to show/hide)
HAEGOE's:
(click to show/hide)

I don't mind making a ripoff of my area, but that area? THAT area?  :atkWut:

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Citadel 1.09(06/23/2015)
« on: June 29, 2015, 06:47:29 AM »
1.09 version updated
check up the first article for updates

General Games / Re: Never Ending Sentence
« on: June 28, 2015, 10:07:03 PM »
so that's why

General Games / Re: I ban you because...
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:05:27 AM »
Banned NOT because you ban a guy whose profile is comic sans while yours is a blue furry  :ConcernDoge:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10