Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - YoSniper

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Game Design / Re: Upcoming Fangame Contest
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
Alright then, Klazen is in.

At least 9 more contestants are needed before February 28th. At this rate, things are looking good!

« on: February 09, 2014, 11:32:57 AM »
I'm going to need more varification or vouching for klazen, though. That registration date is kind of cutting it close.

Klazen's a cool guy, he's pretty active on twitch and he made a game once that was decent.
That's great, but I feel I should get verification from a more senior member. What game was that, exactly? That will help Klazen's cause.

just in case there arent 15 judges up to march, i would be  very keen on being a judge too. i hope you  remember me (and could varify me too then) ... :)
I'm not as stringent about background-checking judges, but your registration date definitely helps you. I'll add you to the Judges panel.

« on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Ok, I have automatic varification for lemonxreaper, and HAEGOE because their accounts were created prior to the contest announcement, and I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be added. Also pieceofcheese because Seph vouched.

I'm going to need more varification or vouching for klazen, though. That registration date is kind of cutting it close.

Anyone else?

Programming Questions / Re: Non-Restarting music only working on one song?
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:13:08 PM »
Is "song" a variable that could represent a variety of sound files in your library? It would help to make sure you are setting the variable "song" correctly before trying to play the sound.

Then again, you may have already considered this. But without seeing the whole code, I can't be sure.

Meet and Greet! / You probably all know me but...
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »
I am YoSniper,

but if you want to be less formal, you can call me Jake. I created I Wanna Be Like Zoop and I Wanna Be Like Brisulph, and I have been playing fangames for about 5 years now. I became the Guy in 2009 and have had fun programming my own games since, most of which are not IWBTG fangames.

I'm not usually much of a forum guy, but I'll post now and again. I review games on my YouTube channel, particularly independent computer games which haven't been discussed at great length by everyone else.

When it comes to fangames, I usually enjoy new gimmicks as opposed to seemingly endless spike-weaving and Megaman music. I have an engine available for download, wherein I have done my best to provide you with a great deal of tools to create bosses, secret items, and more.

Please feel free to give bug reports on anything I put out. While I have decided not to work any further on Zoop and Brisulph, I do intend to work as many bugs out of my other games, as well as my engine, as possible.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Game Design / Re: Upcoming Fangame Contest (Judges Wanted)
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »
Oh there will be rules and guidelines. But I'm holding off on revealing anything until the official start of the contest. I'll probably be looking for people to announce their intention to compete after Valentine's Day, and then start the contest March 1st or something.

EDIT: Contest has been officially announced! People are still welcome to become judges, but I'm looking for at least 15 people to announce their running in the contest by way of video responses!

Game Design / YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2014 *RESULTS*
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
I hosted a contest where various game developers get to create fangames within certain rules. The prize at stake was $100.

Judges:
MetaKnightKirby2 VOTED
Axl VOTED
ethinthenougathorn VOTED
Alexthe9995guy VOTED
Natmanoleon VOTED
YoSniper VOTED
Hiddow VOTED

My sincere thanks to everyone who stuck with me to the end here, whether you participated or judged.

Contestants in the Running and projects
1. SirRouven1003 - I Wanna Get Some Money SUBMITTED
2. pieceofcheese87 - I Wanna Escape Reality SUBMITTED
3. klazen108 - I Wanna Restore the Balance SUBMITTED
4. renhoex - I Wanna Be The Gun SUBMITTED
5. Kendom - I Wanna Be The Boss Hunter SUBMITTED
6. zeapawak - I Wanna Find The Sealed Power SUBMITTED
7. Kyir - I Wanna Conceptualize the Omnitruncated Tesseract SUBMITTED
8. GayWizard609 - I Wanna Be The Gaywizard SUBMITTED
9. Storyyeller - I love Time Travel! SUBMITTED
10. charizardfuego52 - I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2 SUBMITTED
11. Gutiger - I Wanna Enter Ironically SUBMITTED
12. Mr. Wonderful - I Wanna Wake Up SUBMITTED

Announcement video

Rules Video:

RESULTS HERE!
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

The deadline for submission was June 1st, 2013. Whether your game is complete or incomplete, the final product must conform to all of the following rules in order to qualify:
Serious Rules
1. No double-jump restoring objects like in I Wanna Be The Boshy
2. No lasers that switch on and off like in I Wanna Kill The Guy
3. No Mario references or music
4. No bosses that are mere bullet hell like in I Wanna Be The Barrage
5. No copying rooms from other fangames like in I Wanna Kill The Kamilia
Entertainment Rules
6. Include a pie somewhere in your game
7. Include some form of cinematic in the game
8. Include a specific sound effect (you'll know it when you hear it)

Download the pack of submitted games here:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/39ik76ufxeijhdl

Note: I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2 was omitted by author's request.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]