Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - YoSniper

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »
Results are in. See OP.

And with that, I bid you all adieu.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS SOON*
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:16:20 AM »
Just an FYI, the votes are in. I will be working on the results video this week and it should hopefully be ready by this next weekend.

The Lounge / I lost access to Game Design
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »
Just an FYI to everyone on this forum, I can no longer access the Game Design thread.

This means that when the results of my contest do come out, I will not be able to update that thread.

I'm guessing my moderator privileges were also revoked, but I'm not complaining about that because I never used them anyway.

If a mod can tell me what exactly happened, that would be appreciated.

FYI, link to submissions is now in OP.

The variable names may have changed since I last looked, but it could go something like this:

In the playerJump script, make sure that the double-jump handling is similar to this:
Code: [Select]
if not place_free(x, y+1) {
    vspeed = -1 * jump_speed;
} else if djump > 0 {
    vspeed = -1 * djump_speed; //Guessing at the variable name here, but it should be clear.
    djump -= 1; //This subtracts one mid-air jump from the available jumps.
}

In the Jump Refresher code, when colliding with the player, all you would need in this case is:
Code: [Select]
other.djump += 1; //Assuming "other" refers to the player instance colliding with the refresher.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *SEEKING JUDGES*
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:32:09 AM »
One more slot left. I'm not going to bother posting this message on the Forums, so you guys have the advantage here.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *SEEKING JUDGES*
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »
I feel like enough stress has been relieved, so I'll open the doors for prospective judges. I'm looking for a total of 7 this time, and that's just so I can get enough votes to gather a fair consensus.

Contest is now closed. Thank you all to those who participated. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do about judging yet, but we'll get there.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *LAST CALL*
« on: July 02, 2016, 10:20:14 PM »
LAST CALL for submissions.

I don't know how late I'll stay up Sunday night, but when I wake up Monday morning, I'm calling it, regardless of how many submissions I have at that point.

For the record, this is the final contest I will be hosting.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »
I've been heavy at procrastinating "work" on my entry.
And by work I mean on and off, throughout the months. I'll essentially be cramming these last few days for it.
Awesome. Hope to see it within the next week.

« on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »
Ya finally got some competition, WetWookie.

DEADLINE IS IN A WEEK AND A HALF FOR THE REST OF YOU!

« on: June 02, 2016, 08:27:27 PM »
I suppose ot wouldn't kill me.

Really, just the fact that 90% or more of fangames are needle/avoidance and that my opinion seems to be in tje minority has gotten to me lately.

There's still another month. Just wish that people would at least show me that they're taking part so I have a glimmer of hope.

« on: June 02, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »
It would just be easier for me personally if people would keep me in the loop at least somewhat. When a whole month goes by and no one says anything, I get the feeling that no one is going to enter (except the one guy who did.)

Anyway, if I start seeing evidence of participation, I'll live this contest out.

« on: June 02, 2016, 04:54:17 PM »
So, with the contest being about 75% done and only one committed entry, and dead silence on this thread and everywhere else I can see, and with my withering patience, I'm seriously considering just cancelling the whole thing.

If you guys can give me a reason why I should see this through to the end, I will do so, but things are looking bleak and I'm finding myself wanting to pull away from fangames entirely.

I'll give it a few days and if nothing materializes, I'll end things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10