Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - YoSniper

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS*
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:59:25 PM »
Part 1 of the results has been uploaded. I'll post later videos as time allows.

Programming Questions / Re: The simplest of Triggers
« on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »
Upon collision with the trigger, you can tell the trigger instance to destroy itself. As in:

Code: [Select]
with(other) {instance_destroy();}
Just put that at the very end of the collision code. That should do the trick.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *RESULTS TO COME SOON*
« on: July 09, 2014, 07:03:34 AM »
And in the end we had 7 judges.

The votes have been finalized and results videos will come later this week. I have a couple of busy days ahead of me, but this WILL happen soon enough. Stay tuned...

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS STUCK WITH ME TO THE END!

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *JUDGING IN PROGRESS*
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
Alright! 6 judges have voted. 2 remain.

Thank you to everyone to has stuck with me to the end here. We should have some definitive results soon...

« on: July 04, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
Eight judges remain, four of which still need to vote. Deadline at present is end of the day July 8th. See OP for details.

JUDGES, I AM NOT ASKING THAT YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE EVERY SINGLE GAME IN ORDER TO MAKE A JUDGMENT. YOU ONLY NEED TO PLAY ENOUGH OF THE GAMES IN ORDER TO GIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME AND RANK IT AMONG YOUR VOTES.

HOWEVER, I DO ASK THAT IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE A GAME, GIVE THE DEVELOPER THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT IN CASE YOU DO NOT SEE SOME OF THE REQUIREMENTS FULFILLED (LIKE IF YOU DID NOT SEE A PIE THROUGH THE POINT WHERE YOU STOPPED.) DO NOT VOTE 'DQ' IN SUCH CASES UNLESS YOU DID SEE WHAT YOU CONSIDER TO BE AN OUTRIGHT VIOLATION OF THE RULES (LIKE THE DEVELOPER USED A BULLET HELL BOSS OR A DOUBLE-JUMP RESTORE, FOR EXAMPLE.)

« on: June 21, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
i try to finish for 1st July, but i might need 1 week more. but maybe,i can already finish testing next weekend

If you wind up needing more time, just let me know ahead of time and we'll make it work.

« on: June 20, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »
ATTENTION JUDGES:

My goal was to have all judges' comments and votes on the games by July 1st. I understand that that might not be viable for some of you.

If you need more time, please let me know. It would be nice to have a time frame for when everyone will be finished judging.

Thanks!

Programming Questions / Re: Avoidance help
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »
Yes, timeline of Step Events would be where you want it.

Programming Questions / Re: Avoidance help
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:40:29 PM »
Assuming you're using Game Maker Pro (although maybe it's available in the Lite/Standard versions now,) you want to do:

Code: [Select]
view_angle[0] = angle;
Where angle is the angle counter-clockwise from horizontal in degrees. If you're only using the one view, you don't even need the
  • part.

Just remember to reset it to 0 after you're done.

« on: June 05, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
Do submitted games get something like a review?
I would be interested in the reasons why games were better/worse than others.

I intend to review all submitted games in the results videos, and show all of the judges' feedback.

« on: June 02, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
It's a damn shame that so many people bowed out or failed to submit an entry.

But anyway, I'm happy to have 12 submissions.

Judging will now commence, and hopefully we will have results for you in July.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *LAST CALL*
« on: June 01, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
All right, guys.

I'm signing off for tonight, but if anyone still has submissions for the contest, or updates for the submissions they've already put in, then I will accept changes or submissions in Personal Messages ONLY that are timestamped prior to 12:00AM EST.

After that, the doors close and the judging commences.

Expect judging results to conclude by roughly July 1st, 2014. This is a ballpark estimate, so please have patience. The $100 prize will go to someone!

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *LAST CALL*
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Less than 36 hours to go!

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest *FINAL WEEK!!!*
« on: May 28, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »
Okay, so I have 6 submissions so far. I am hoping that number turns into 19 within the next 3 days, but I won't hold my breath.

Announcements / YoSniper's Fangame Contest
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
Send your game submissions (whether complete or incomplete) to YoSniper by way of PM or e-mail on or before this date (June 1, 2014) in order for your entry to be considered for the $100 prize.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10