Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - YoSniper

Pages: [1]
The Lounge / I lost access to Game Design
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:20:18 PM »
Just an FYI to everyone on this forum, I can no longer access the Game Design thread.

This means that when the results of my contest do come out, I will not be able to update that thread.

I'm guessing my moderator privileges were also revoked, but I'm not complaining about that because I never used them anyway.

If a mod can tell me what exactly happened, that would be appreciated.

Game Design / YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:00:28 PM »
RESULTS

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Sunday, July 3

RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS:

1) Minimum of 1 Area + 1 Boss Fight
2) Include a God Mode option (toggled with Ctrl + G)
    - Immortality
    - Ability to place Kid with mouse
    - BOTH OF THESE ARE MANDATORY
3) Include a README text file with your game describing how the Creativity rules are implemented, as well as any other necessary details
4) NO JUMPSCARES - Do not push the boundaries of this rule. I mean it.

CREATIVITY RULES:
5) Include a reference to a shoe (the generic Kid's shoes cannot count toward this.)
6) Include a reference to a horn.

PRIZES:

Once total purse is determined by number of contestants, the money will be divided as follows:
- 50% to outright winner of contest (highest aggregate score from judges)
- 30% crowd favorite (mass vote at end of contest)
- 20% most creative use of Creativity rules, as determined by judges

Thank you in advance to all who participate.

CONFIRMED CONTESTANTS & ENTRIES:
1. WetWookie - I Wanna Dance With Daggers
2. Lss - I Wanna Be The Soupreme
3. 128-Up - I Wanna Escape The Basement
4. GamerGuy500 - A Gamer's Journey
5. Hop - HopPros

Link to submitted games:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/1pu3drtzfntayka/Submissions.zip

JUDGES:
1. YoSniper
2. Paragus
3. GeoGeo22
4. Patrickgh3
5. pieceofcheese87
6. just_another_Guy
7. L4Vo5

Hello everybody,

So I'm thinking about developing one more Aiwanna game, but it would require adaptation for online multiplayer.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I could pull this off, I would greatly appreciate it.

And for those concerned, I use GM:Studio Pro, and while I don't have my new PC with Windows 10 built just yet, I have at least started on that endeavor.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Game Design / YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *RESULTS*
« on: December 19, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »
THE RESULTS ARE IN! I WILL BE POSTING LINKS TO THE RESULTS VIDEOS AS I UPLOAD THEM:

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's official! YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 has kicked off!

No pre-registration is required this time around; just submit an entry if you want to participate.

RULES:

OVERALL DESIGN:
1) Any engine is acceptable (even no engine at all)
2) Games must have at a minimum ONE complete area and ONE boss, although more is usually better.
3) Games must be Windows 8 friendly. Abrupt crashes are BAD!!!

RESTRICTIVE:

4) A "God mode" option must be included in the game. This ensures that all judges will be able to play through each game in its entirety.

5) A README file must be included with your game submission. This will just explain in obvious terms how all of the rules are followed, how God mode can be activated, and any other important details.

INNOVATIVE:

6) At least two distinct gimmicks must be employed, NOT including the following:
- Double-jump restores
- Switching lasers
- Gravity switching
- Invisible/fake blocks
- Increased/decreased speed
- Increased/decreased gravity

7) Include at least one collectible item that serves some purpose (not just for the sake of being collected.)

ENTERTAINMENT:

8) Include a reference to either Primal Rage, Killer Instinct, or Mortal Kombat somewhere.

9) The randomly chosen word is "misogamy." Reference this word somehow somewhere in your game.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS JULY 1, 2015

PRIZES THIS YEAR ARE DEPENDENT UPON THE NUMBER OF QUALIFYING ENTRIES, SO THE MORE THE MERRIER!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE. I WILL BE LOOKING FOR JUDGES AS THE DEADLINE APPROACHES.

PARTICIPANTS:
1. ValDenStudios - CONFIRMED
2. pieceofcheese87 - CONFIRMED
3. TheGamerGuy500 - CONFIRMED
4. zeapawak - CONFIRMED
5. WetWookie - CONFIRMED
6. RandomFangamer - CONFIRMED
7. HAEGOE - CONFIRMED
8. ChrisTheGuySlayer2002 - CONFIRMED
9. klazen108 - CONFIRMED
10. ShutUpNerd - CONFIRMED
11. spriter - CONFIRMED
12. Mr Wonderful - CONFIRMED
13. Derf & Katz - CONFIRMED

JUDGES:
1. YoSniper - VOTED
2. Jmab - VOTED
3. Raganoxer - VOTED
4. Kilgour22 - VOTED
5. Klaty - VOTED
6. Nat - VOTED
7. Paragus - VOTED
8. natedog2007 - VOTED
9. Starz0r - VOTED
10. Musto0063 - VOTED
11. cdmans - VOTED

The prize is a maximum value of 25.00 USD. The winner can redeem this in the form of Steam games, raw cash, or whatever means they wish. They can even waive the whole thing if they want (although that would probably piss off all of the other participants.)

All submitted games are here (except for PSIFT, by Derf's and Katz's request.)
https://www.mediafire.com/?0u72y6sym29385o

I haven't posted about this recently because I figured it would go away, but it has been at least a couple of weeks and I still cannot send personal messages to anybody.

Every time I try, the page merely times out, and I assume that the message does not get sent.

When I've accessed this forum from my mobile device, I've occasionally seen a warning that says "High Server Load Detected." Not sure if that is related, but I would really like the ability to send PMs again, just in case I need to.

Announcements / YoSniper's Fangame Contest
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
Send your game submissions (whether complete or incomplete) to YoSniper by way of PM or e-mail on or before this date (June 1, 2014) in order for your entry to be considered for the $100 prize.

Meet and Greet! / You probably all know me but...
« on: February 06, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »
I am YoSniper,

but if you want to be less formal, you can call me Jake. I created I Wanna Be Like Zoop and I Wanna Be Like Brisulph, and I have been playing fangames for about 5 years now. I became the Guy in 2009 and have had fun programming my own games since, most of which are not IWBTG fangames.

I'm not usually much of a forum guy, but I'll post now and again. I review games on my YouTube channel, particularly independent computer games which haven't been discussed at great length by everyone else.

When it comes to fangames, I usually enjoy new gimmicks as opposed to seemingly endless spike-weaving and Megaman music. I have an engine available for download, wherein I have done my best to provide you with a great deal of tools to create bosses, secret items, and more.

Please feel free to give bug reports on anything I put out. While I have decided not to work any further on Zoop and Brisulph, I do intend to work as many bugs out of my other games, as well as my engine, as possible.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all.

Game Design / YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2014 *RESULTS*
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
I hosted a contest where various game developers get to create fangames within certain rules. The prize at stake was $100.

Judges:
MetaKnightKirby2 VOTED
Axl VOTED
ethinthenougathorn VOTED
Alexthe9995guy VOTED
Natmanoleon VOTED
YoSniper VOTED
Hiddow VOTED

My sincere thanks to everyone who stuck with me to the end here, whether you participated or judged.

Contestants in the Running and projects
1. SirRouven1003 - I Wanna Get Some Money SUBMITTED
2. pieceofcheese87 - I Wanna Escape Reality SUBMITTED
3. klazen108 - I Wanna Restore the Balance SUBMITTED
4. renhoex - I Wanna Be The Gun SUBMITTED
5. Kendom - I Wanna Be The Boss Hunter SUBMITTED
6. zeapawak - I Wanna Find The Sealed Power SUBMITTED
7. Kyir - I Wanna Conceptualize the Omnitruncated Tesseract SUBMITTED
8. GayWizard609 - I Wanna Be The Gaywizard SUBMITTED
9. Storyyeller - I love Time Travel! SUBMITTED
10. charizardfuego52 - I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2 SUBMITTED
11. Gutiger - I Wanna Enter Ironically SUBMITTED
12. Mr. Wonderful - I Wanna Wake Up SUBMITTED

Announcement video

Rules Video:

RESULTS HERE!
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

The deadline for submission was June 1st, 2013. Whether your game is complete or incomplete, the final product must conform to all of the following rules in order to qualify:
Serious Rules
1. No double-jump restoring objects like in I Wanna Be The Boshy
2. No lasers that switch on and off like in I Wanna Kill The Guy
3. No Mario references or music
4. No bosses that are mere bullet hell like in I Wanna Be The Barrage
5. No copying rooms from other fangames like in I Wanna Kill The Kamilia
Entertainment Rules
6. Include a pie somewhere in your game
7. Include some form of cinematic in the game
8. Include a specific sound effect (you'll know it when you hear it)

Download the pack of submitted games here:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/39ik76ufxeijhdl

Note: I Wanna Kill The Ochipi 2 was omitted by author's request.

Pages: [1]