Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - patrickgh3

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The Lounge / Re: Banned from the I wanna discord for no reason
« on: August 13, 2018, 11:23:41 PM »
Publicly compalining about your ban just annoys everyone. Instead, I recommend you privately message Den or another mod asking why you were banned, if you really don't know the reason.

Announcements / Discord Server - I Wanna Community
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:32:21 PM »
For those who may be visiting here from Markiplier or elsewhere, feel free to join our community Discord at httpss://discord.gg/SjpjuaH. :paraKid: Not much activity happens on the forums these days; it's mostly on Discord and the Twitch IWBTG directory.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Blue Fruit!
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words :)

Has there been any communication with the Eastern community? Are makers going to have to submit to both blue and this ibbs site to reach the widest audience? It would be awesome if we could get everyone using a single site.

There hasn't been any communication, unfortunately. Delicious Fruit will eventually pull games from both sites. It's possible that everyone will gravitate to one; we'll just have to see what happens. I'm not sure what creators should do in the meantime. In an ideal world we would have a lot of communication and just one fangame list site, but there are a lot of factors that led us to our current situation.

Gameplay & Discussion / Introducing Blue Fruit!
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
httpss://blue.delicious-fruit.com

Blue Fruit is a new site where you can create an account and submit your fangames!

We're releasing now because of news that the original wiki is shutting down. :BibleThump: 7 But fangames live on!  :denProgress:

Blue Fruit is developed by Patrickgh3 (me), hosted by Klazen108, and translated into Japanese by Normal. There is a small team of administrators who approve games. If you have any questions, post in this thread, or contact us in the I Wanna Community Discord.

Please keep the following in mind:
  • Games will eventually automatically be added to DelFruit, but right now they're added manually by admins.
  • You may encounter bugs; please be patient and report them to us.
  • Check your spam folder for your confirmation email.
  • Blue fruit isn't 100% finished; there are still features we'd like to add in the future!

FAQ / Updates:

• The current list of games on the wiki will soon be added to Blue Fruit. No need to re-submit your old games.

• Blue Fruit is a separate site from Delicious Fruit. You can think of it as replacing the wiki.

• Accounts are required to reduce "junk" uploads, and to be able to "own" your submitted games through your account.

• Delicious Fruit will eventually automatically add games from both Blue Fruit and https://ibbs.info/?id=iwanna.

Game Design / Re: Aronax's Shortventure Contest 2017
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:29:10 PM »
Excited to be a judge for this! I may also participate myself, we'll see. Good luck to everyone participating!

User-Made Creations / Re: i Wanna Save the Fox - Android fangame
« on: August 29, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »
Hi Malander, nice game! Here are my thoughts. I'm trying to help you get better, not criticizing your game for no reason, so don't take this personally. I enjoyed the game and it was worth the 99 cents :P

Also disclaimer, I only made it about 15 levels in before softlocking. On the level with the spike cross in the center and two skeletons below, I spawned with upside-down gravity and just fell to the ceiling. Restarting the game doesn't fix it. So that's where I got stuck and couldn't play further.

The controls were okay, but could definitely use some improvement. Sliding my finger between left and right buttons should make me walk left and right (see how VVVVVV does touch controls). The level design mostly required tapping one direction the whole level (except the level where you climb up 5 blocks, that one is very clearly annoying), which made this less noticeable, but I think better controls would allow for more interesting level paths. Also the jump button was small and way off to the right and I missed it sometimes.

The player physics were decent. It's annoying that you get stuck if you fall while rubbing against a block

The graphics were quite nice, good job to the artist. I especially like the fox character with the moving tail. However I think the levels felt too zoomed out. Every single one has empty space around the sides that could just be cut off, and most levels could be compacted further. This would make the game prettier and easier to play as well. The music was nice and fitting.

The difficulty curve was out of whack. The level with the 5 skeletons was extremely tricky to navigate, the level with two yellow gate jumps was quite difficult, as well as a few others. I also generally felt the game was too hard for what the controls were like. For your future games, I'd recommend watching other people playtest your game more to help with balance.

The level design flow felt a bit weird. I think it'd be better to evenly spread out the introduction of new gimmicks throughout the game. As it is, you introduce them all at the start, and then there's nothing new to discover throughout the rest of the game which gets a bit stale. (I may be wrong here since I had to quit early) You also failed to introduce save points and water, which I think could use signs of their own. The signs were useful and succinct, good job there.

The game gave me the same water level with the spinning apples and spike crosses two times, one early and one later. Also the jump refreshers felt really small and hard to touch.

That's all the stuff off the top of my head. I hope I'm not discouraging you at all. The game was enjoyable, and seriously, good job on even finishing a game, that's something not a lot of people can say. :) Especially when you didn't even start with a GameMaker engine like most fangame makers do. If you continue making games, I wish you good luck!

If you want to update the game, the main things I'd recommend are: nerfing the hard levels (watching a playtester can help you here), zooming in the view, and improving the controls. You can also apply my feedback to future games. Also you're probably not going to get any more responses on this forum since it's pretty much dead. For the future you may want to post in the I Wanna Community Discord, invite link here: httpss://discord.gg/SjpjuaH

Meet and Greet! / Re: yoyo Macler is here
« on: May 19, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »
Welcome! :) Feel free to join the Discord server, it's a lot more active than the forum. httpss://discord.gg/24Q7xMe

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2017 Megathread
« on: May 14, 2017, 08:55:07 PM »
Tentative schedule!

First off, thank you to everyone who submitted! :) A group of us (Pandy, Shark, Piranha, Piece, Klazen and I) put together the tentative schedule this weekend.

1. Please note the schedule is NOT FINAL YET while we confirm time slots with runners. Also note that the schedule will display in your local time zone.

2. Runners, please read the schedule and verify your time slot is okay. You can post in the FM2017 Discord in #general, or DM anyone with the TechCrew role.

3. We need some more runners for the relay race! If you can pick up any of the below 6 games (especially NANG bad end and Go the run) we need you! To join, DM on Discord Patrick#0303 or Shark3143#3825. The relay race will be at the very end of the marathon, and it'll hopefully be a really cool community event. You can check what time it is on the schedule. We're hoping for 3 teams and 6 games, and we will coordinate game assignments and teams soon. The following people are set to participate, please make sure the time slot is okay: LarsraL, Piece, BBF, MrSSFireball, RandomErik, Wolfiexe, Pandy49, Ony, Bummerman, Den, Cakesauc3, Geogeo222, Wolsk, Stonk, Yiazmat, Sudnep, aferalsheep, Krakka.

Tentative schedule here!

« on: May 05, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »
If you're reading this and you're not in the Discord server, come join it! https://discord.gg/AtrNMT7

Only 7 more days to submit your runs/segments for Fangame Marathon! Spread the word!

You can also sign up for:
- David and Goliath: Race Incremental game with people! It'll be fun! We need some beginner and expert players (we already have some moderate players). Use the link below.
- Needle Maker and Jump Master each have 6 people, but could have more if there's interest. Use the link below.
- Want to show off a 10 minute demo of your WIP fangame? We'll have a segment like that, 4 people so far. Contact me if you're interested.
- Relay race! Sign up in the standard google submission form. 10 people so far, the more the merrier!

(Signups for David and Goliath, Needle Maker, Jump Master: https://goo.gl/PFQBL0)

Engines / Re: IWBT Fusion 2.5 Engine Patrickgh3 Edition
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »
Thanks Shim, the more people it's useful too, the more glad I am I made it :) You can contact me on Discord at Patrick#0303 if you ever want to.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: May 01, 2017, 01:12:07 PM »
Have you tried updating to the most recent version of GM Studio? What version do you have? These errors are strange. Updating is the only thing I can think of

« on: May 01, 2017, 01:06:06 PM »
The run/segment submission deadline will be Friday May 12th! So y'all have a little less than two weeks to prepare your runs/segments! Spread the word! Keep in mind that everyone is welcome to participate, and that non-speedrun segments are also welcome. And if you want to help out with the event other than submitting a run, contact me. Thanks everyone!

The submissions list so far can be found here: httpss://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kjME9uKEBdQOydybdJmtQFeSlaOQzjtZEHG87mthCBg/edit#gid=0

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello! I'm Dacelo!
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:47:27 AM »
Hi Dracelo, welcome to the community! I hope you have fun making fangames! You might find Klazen's tutorial helpful: https://klazen.com/IWBTG/tutorial/dev_tutorial.html and you might also want to chat in the IWC #gamemaking channel: httpss://discord.gg/24Q7xMe

Same as what Wookie said, what you've shown looks cool! I appreciate your apology for repeatedly asking people to make fangames with you, I remember some people being a little bothered by it. It's in the past though. Best of luck with this game! :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12