Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kefit

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
The Lounge / Re: adventurrs of the kid: fan gaymss
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
Pretty good intro to fangames, but could use more apples.

Gameplay & Discussion / Two block high plane jump setup
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:22 PM »

This is a setup I discovered when playing Inner Side a couple of weeks ago. I saw some people having trouble with this jump in a Venus race the other day, so I thought I'd share it. This setup eliminates most elements of positional and input timing from the jump, and in my opinion makes it just about as easy as the classic one block high plane jump. I'm not 100% certain on the frame count for step 3, maybe some of our pixel and frameologists can step in and verify. Note that a six frame jump is one frame higher than a gate jump and probably what happens when you choke a gate and hit your head.

This won't work for all two block high plane jumps because there must be a safe landing block next to the lower spike. For example, this method won't work for the plane jump in K3 secret 2 save 2 because your first jump must be full in order to clear the spikes after the plane jump.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:08:32 PM »
(click to show/hide)

2000 deaths on this save so far, at least 95% of them to the first corner jump. Fuck bad align corner jumps, what the fuck were Kamilia and co. thinking. I can do the rest of it, but fuck adding this corner jump to that stuff. And I'm not leaving the room either, not after the trouble I went through to access it. Maybe I'll just never play K3 again.

Actually I enjoy this game and want to keep playing it so I'm in a catch 22 :<

EDIT: I tried 2000 more times and got to the plane jump 4-5 times. I guess I'll keep trying then. RIP my death count.

SUPER EDIT:
(click to show/hide)

If in the first 4000 tries you don't succeed, then just try 1500 more times. The I Wanna mantra.

ULTRA EDIT:

Thanks K3 secret 3 for literally doubling my death count. Mostly save 2 of course, with a dash of being bad at jump canceling for the final save.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:02:37 AM »

Nice little needle game. Last stage of the game got kind of hard and is responsible for 90% of my deaths. Extra seemed easier than the last stage though, odd.

« on: June 07, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »

~13 hours, more or less. I got 8, 2, 8, which is probably the best die rolls anyone has ever gotten on this boss. Guess I can stop complaining about RNG now, haha.

I really, really love this fight (that being said, I don't think I'll ever want to play it again). Pretty much everything can be dealt with once you have enough experience and understand how to set yourself up in every conceivable situation. It really feels like a boss fight, much more so than the usual random danmaku while you fire your gun. My biggest issue was the avoidance - by the end I could get to it once every five minutes on average, but god do I need to work on my apple reading and dodging :E

EDIT: I uploaded a video of the fight even though everyone's seen it a million times already:

« on: June 06, 2014, 08:19:50 PM »
I'm still bored of grinding Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine, so I'm still playing easier games. Let's see if I can also beat the third one before beating the sun and the moon!

« on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
I got bored of grinding Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine (and getting constant 5s and 9s on the second die roll), so I decided to play an easier game.

« on: June 04, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »
Just beat Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright after 7.5 hours of torture. Sunglasses strat worked!

Video here:
https://www.twitch.tv/tehjman1993/c/4397953

I've never dodged so well during a Rosegear avoidance. Ever.

Nice. I'm currently stuck on this boss myself. I've made it through the avoidance three times so far but have yet to make it to the final die roll ;_;

EDIT: I forgot to add that the sun laser guessing game is the worst thing in any fangame.

« on: June 02, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »

The time of reckoning is at hand. Any bets on how long before I give up and press S?

EDIT: Ok I quit that after 15 minutes. Now time for Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright!

« on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »
It's ok, I'm sure Rukito's moving platform stages have prepared you for this.

« on: June 01, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
Crimson's giant vampire bat boss is the dumbest thing in the entire world so I quit it after three minutes and decided to go back to a less dumb game:

So far so good, got the first secret as well. I look forward to the second secret castrating me and kicking me out of fangames forever.

« on: May 31, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
Try getting that far on hard mode :P

The secrets are easy for me now.

Haha no thanks. That would put every save on the level of those god damn secrets.

« on: May 31, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »

Oh my god some of these secrets were a giant pain in the ass. And how is anyone supposed to be able to find these things in the first place? I've just been getting the secret locations from Denferok's videos.

« on: May 28, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »

Visual issues aside, a fun game that gets pretty hard in the last few screens. If nothing else I guess this taught me that double diamonds ain't a big deal anymore :x

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Outer Side
« on: May 28, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »

You can get stuck at this save with an align that's bad for the corner and that won't let you walk off to the right to get the good align for the corner. I had to jump cancel to the right to get the good align. This game doesn't seem like it wants to make the player jump cancel, so you might want to look into that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8