Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kefit

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 02, 2014, 01:13:52 AM »
rukito why

Thankfully I'm in the lower left corner in this screenshot. I hope I never have to do a screen this dumb again. Time for a Rukito boss!!!!!

EDIT: Well this Rukito boss sure is a dumb Rukito boss, let's do something less dumb for now. I know, let's get back to K3.

That "less dumb" idea only lasted for three saves ;_;

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »

Months ago: Struggled through the first two areas only to get stuck on the first save of the final area.
Now: Struggle through the first save of the final area and then beat the rest of it fairly easily.

Good game if you ignore that one save though.

« on: June 27, 2014, 02:20:07 AM »

Really hard game due to all the long saves in the final area. I played through the first two stages back when this first came out a couple of months ago, but couldn't make a dent in the final stage. Hilarious death count comes from sucking back then mostly, though the final stage now still took me about 3000 deaths.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Core
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:11:45 AM »
I'm usually not big on pure avoidance games, but I enjoyed Inner Side and Outer Side so I decided to give this a try.

Unfortunately the constant graphical effects coming from the bottom of the screen make it completely impossible for me to concentrate upon and read the bullets. I literally cannot play this game while that stuff is around, sorry.

« on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:53 AM »

I couldn't figure out the first save for a long time, but then I kind of barreled through the rest of the game after getting it. I'm not sure if it's a bit easier than the other Archfoe games or if I've simply gotten better while stuck on the first save.

« on: June 23, 2014, 12:10:34 AM »

Good bye RZ, please never come back. I thought this part looked fun but I didn't really realize how dumb the K3 buffs made some of the jumps, especially near the end of saves.

Something like 5000 deaths and 5 hours for the RZ screens. At least half of each of those figures was spent on the final save alone. It sure didn't help that I died on the relatively easy final jump three times.

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Kill The Kamilia 3 - Secret 2 Clear
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »
Very nice.

I definitely have to man up and go back for this now that I can actually jump cancel and do ceiling double diamonds :x

« on: June 19, 2014, 05:43:02 AM »
The final platform on K3 RZ save 2 is fucking dumb and has killed me at least ten times, so instead I decided to revisit Needle Satan:

Final screen of red was damn hard and responsible for a good half of those deaths. Looking forward to the nonsense of green!

« on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:11 PM »
Finally getting back to Kamilia 3. RZ save 1 down in less than 30 minutes. Just took a bit of messing around in RMJ to find the best setup for each jump. Let's hope the rest of RZ is this nice to me...

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Outer Side
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:57:39 AM »
Oh, so you can if you get the timing right. Good to know you always have an option, thanks.

« on: June 17, 2014, 11:25:47 PM »
Yet another game (or difficulty, rather) I didn't think I'd ever be able to actually play.

This was hard. 4200 deaths on the retarded penultimate save, 2000 deaths from trying and failing to get a shortcut earlier in the game. Probably multiple 1000+ deaths saves elsewhere, wasn't really keeping track. Very glad the moving platform and kill block room was removed from Hard for whatever reason, because that room is awful.

EDIT: This clear is on version 1.1. I'm going through SandSky's Hard video now, and it seems that v1.1.1 has a few additional save points - for example, the mid screen save here doesn't exist on v1.1. I wonder if any minute adjustments were made to the penultimate save, since I definitely couldn't do it with the approach SandSky used.

« on: June 17, 2014, 09:11:12 PM »

So close yet so far away. I'm at 3000 deaths on this save. If my third jump is a two framer than I land on the bottom right spike of the final diamond. If my third jump is a three framer or more than I bonk my head into the top left spike of the final diamond. I don't know what to do =/

EDIT: Figured it out. All it took was bunny hopping and a bunch of subsequent frame perfect inputs. Somehow I don't think this was the intended method.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
I pressed s after getting to the third save in k3 secret 3 :(. hardest save too

https://www.twitch.tv/firebandicoot/c/4343449

Wow. I probably would have killed myself in real life if I did that, given my own ordeal with that save. Sucks hard.

« on: June 14, 2014, 05:13:35 AM »

I was messing around the other day and found out that I'm actually good enough to play this game now. Something like 5000 of those deaths are on Doruppi room 2. Fuck underwater upward plane jumps.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Two block high plane jump setup
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
This is a great setup but the instructions aren't 100% correct
You want to do 1 tap from the wall, not 2
First jump is a 6 frame jump, not 4
Everthing else is correct

I can do it roughly 66-75% of the time with this setup

I'm dumb, and a frame by frame stepthrough of myself doing this jump reveals that it's a six frame. I'll fix that in the first post. Something about the way I conceptualize jump frames in my head must be way off when dealing with a setup like this, I'll have to pay attention to that.

However, I'm certain about being two taps from the wall. One tap also works for me, but I'm not nearly as consistent with it. I guess it probably uses slightly different timing for the second jump.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8