Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Kefit

Pages: [1]
Video Discussion / Kamilia 3 Boss 3 Rin Avoidance Tutorial
« on: December 12, 2014, 03:25:20 AM »
I've seen several people having trouble with the Rin avoidance part of the third boss of Kamilia 3. This is usually because they don't understand how the safe pixels work. I made this quick tutorial to clearly illustrate and explain the safe pixels, and exactly what you need to do to survive the avoidance every time. Hopefully someone out there finds it helpful.

https://www.twitch.tv/kefitko/c/5666848

Gameplay & Discussion / Two block high plane jump setup
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:27:22 PM »

This is a setup I discovered when playing Inner Side a couple of weeks ago. I saw some people having trouble with this jump in a Venus race the other day, so I thought I'd share it. This setup eliminates most elements of positional and input timing from the jump, and in my opinion makes it just about as easy as the classic one block high plane jump. I'm not 100% certain on the frame count for step 3, maybe some of our pixel and frameologists can step in and verify. Note that a six frame jump is one frame higher than a gate jump and probably what happens when you choke a gate and hit your head.

This won't work for all two block high plane jumps because there must be a safe landing block next to the lower spike. For example, this method won't work for the plane jump in K3 secret 2 save 2 because your first jump must be full in order to clear the spikes after the plane jump.

Meet and Greet! / Hey eveyone!
« on: March 16, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
Hey everyone! I was a top end Touhou player for many years, and a couple of years ago I did an I Wanna Be The Barrage LP. You might even be familiar with me from one of these things!

Anyway, I've always loved difficult platformers and got a kick out of the original IWBTG when it came out way back when. I revisited I Wanna occasionally for big name games like Fangame, Kill the Guy, and Galaxy, but for the most part have been completely ignorant about all the other fangames out there. Barrage attracted my attention due to all my danmaku experience with Touhou, but it would be more than a year after that before I randomly wandered into one of Denferok's streams via SpeedRunsLive and was exposed to Kamilia 2 and all sorts of other quality fangames. I was inspired to start Kamilia 2 myself, and, well...

I got stuck on the PYF screen for months. Holy shit. I thought I was good but I was no where near ready to deal with Kamilia 2.

Then I got better at fangames and got a better keyboard and now I'm trying to muster up the energy to deal with the massively unfun Gravity Man fight. Joy! In the mean time I've been enjoying some increasingly difficult needle games. I'm currently getting a kick out of Sunbla's new game, and I've got a big backlog of other stuff I need to play through that I picked up from various streams.

Good difficult platforming has become increasingly rare these days, but IWBTG fangames seem like they might provide me with an infinite amount of it. There's lots of very good, careful design out there from mad geniuses like Rukito - previously I always assumed that all fangames outside the big names were bad, haha. I'm glad to have finally broke into this stuff for real. I'm hoping to start streaming my gameplay once I get some other things in my life sorted out, but until then I'm having a blast with these games.

Pages: [1]