Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - infern0man1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80
The radiuspeed script wont' work. the cherry doesn't move at a constant speed.

I'm thinking you might have done something wrong in setting it up, because that's not what is supposed to happen. Whatever though, that isn't what you want so I'll stop posting in here.

I'm not sure what you mean by that then. With what I did, you create a cherry with a radius of, say, 800 pixels, from a central point that you define, meaning the cherry is 800 pixels away from it's central point; the cherry will always move into where you set it's centerX and centerY (the central point), which, with what I did, is where it spawned from originally, and the cherry will also rotate around the central point without making the cherry go off its path toward its central point.

If that's not what you want then I have no idea what you want.

Actually, thinking about it, you could technically do the inwards spiral with my script, although I'm sure there are much more practical ways to do it; nevertheless:

I would set the radius to have every cherry be spawned outside the view of the room (which you would have to either calculate or do a few experiments to tweak the starting distance), and set the radiusSpeed to be negative so that the cherries move inward; after a period, have an alarm be set off in the cherries that decrease the image_alpha until it's zero, upon which the cherries destroy themselves.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the 128
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:13:15 PM »
I suggest looking into how Lemon's engine handles everything in the difficulty selection screen and etc., as I don't think it does that.

Edit: this assumes that you didn't use Lemon's engine to make this game.

Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:09:57 PM »
The problem is that it doesn't exactly relate to this thread.

And I was referring to the discussion on GENKI's final boss, not to what this thread was originally about, which I haven't barred and won't bar other members from discussing.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:00:27 PM »
TIL that pressing Q on difficulty select screens resets your save. At least in Locus it does. I was in the middle of stage 3, so it's not that big a loss, but still pretty frustrating.

afaik it only happens on games made with certain engines (e.g. ねころんEdition); I know in other engines (yuuutu, Lemon, etc.) the ability to commit suicide in the difficulty select room was disabled.

I can only help with the first one, and hopefully it's what you're looking for.

Code: (scrOrbit) [Select]
argument0=centerX;
argument1=centerY;
argument2=radius;
argument3=position; //the position of where the cherry will spawn (in degrees)
argument4=radiusSpeed; //the speed of the cherry's movement - moves away from its centerX and centerY
argument5=spinSpeed; //the speed of the cherry's revolution
x=centerX+lengthdir_x(radius+rad,position+pos);
y=centerY+lengthdir_y(radius+rad,position+pos);
rad+=radiusSpeed;
pos+=spinSpeed;

//Note that I used position instead of direction here, as I've had problems with the cherries jumping forward a certain angle when they spawn another object with an incremented direction

and to spawn them, set an alarm and do the following:

Code: (spawningObject) [Select]
for(i=0;i<360;i+=360/num1){ //this is only for if you want more than one cherry spawned at the same time, and set num1 to however many cherries you want spawned at a time
  a=instance_create(room_width/2,room_height/2,objCherry); //using the center of the room as an example
  a.centerX=a.xstart;
  a.centerY=a.ystart;
  a.radius=0;
  a.position=i; //replace i with whatever direction you want if you only want one cherry spawned at a time
  a.radiusSpeed=num2; //set num2 to how fast you want the cherry to move away from it's centerX and centerY
  a.spinSpeed=num3; //set num3 to how fast you want the cherry to revolve
}
alarm[0]=num4; //set num4 to how frequently you want the cherries to spawn

If you want the direction (or, with the way I made it, the position) of the cherries to change whenever a new one is spawned, add this:

Code: (spawningObject) [Select]
~
  a.position=i+dir;
~
dir+=num5; //set num5 to how much you want the cherries' direction (position) to change

and that's it, hopefully this can be of use for you :3

EDIT: tfw watson replied before me

Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
I might as well say that if the argument is drawn out even more from here on out I will take action.

« on: January 19, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
^I recall certain games having something similar to that (for example, in 3200min, if you press Q in the portal room you will, obviously, die, and you can then load your game on the file you died on because you have a death); if this game does just that, then it might be worth looking into and fixing it.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the Journey
« on: January 18, 2016, 08:30:36 PM »
I need to say a thing, this game has been made in the clickteam fusion 2.5 not game maker.

...and?

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the Journey, Boshy evolution.
« on: January 18, 2016, 01:52:08 PM »
This is only based of the screenshots given, but I suggest changing the depth of the spikes so that they don't overlap the tiles, in my opinion it doesn't look very good when they do that.

« on: January 18, 2016, 01:50:01 PM »
Hey GamerH2, we're all entitled to make whatever the hell we want and how we want to make it, and if you can't handle that then this really isn't the place for you.

Next time, instead of insulting both the creator and practically the entire eastern community, say why you disliked the level design, the difficulty, and etc. You can't force people to do what you want, but you can always make suggestions for improvement.

Computer Café / Re: Livestream Broadcaster
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:04:33 PM »
Well, the same thing happened when I tried to install OBS, and xSplit straight up told me that I couldn't install it on my OS; any other suggestions?

Computer Café / Re: Livestream Broadcaster
« on: January 17, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »
I tried OBS a while back, but I couldn't install it at all, as the installer would crash after I pressed the first button on it; I'll try again later today when I get on my comp. Thanks for the suggestions!

Computer Café / Livestream Broadcaster
« on: January 16, 2016, 09:34:02 PM »
I've been wanting to stream for a long time, but I haven't been able to at all because Vista doesn't seem to be compatible with anything anymore; I should probably just get a new OS, but in the meantime I have to work with what I have. That being said, anyone know of a broadcasting software that's actually compatible with my OS?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 80