Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - infern0man1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »
I'm curious as to what the least-visited page is, assuming there is a single one (not including pages for games without DL links, I know I've added at least a hundred that no one knows exist on the site rn OpieOP)..

Off Topic / heh
« on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
Remember when this place had a chat box? Good times.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I wanna get cultured starting problems
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »
I Wanna Get Rekt for some reason automatically disables NumLock when active. May be someone know fix for this too?

There isn't really a fix unless you decompile the game or tape down the NumLock button; it's caused by a few lines of code that purposefully disables NumLock because, from what I've heard, no one knew how to disable Sticky Keys on WinXP, and that disables Sticky Keys or smth (don't take my word for it though).

I sent mine earlier; the difficulty ratings I put for mine may not be entirely accurate as I found them to be rather easy overall (spent no more than like 100 deaths per save), so if need be you can change the ratings

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna fly the Far Away in 7 deaths
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:08:08 PM »
This honestly flips the term "needle mater" on it's back, from 27 deaths to going plaid. I dub thee "needle ludicrosity."

All Mel Brooks aside, I honestly don't think there's another person in the world capable of doing something at this magnitude.

Video Discussion / Re: 0px jump
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »
Pernicious Association, Infant Frenzy

I understand I already warned you for what you had previously, and I won't do so a second time, but seriously, this place is NOT the same place as Twitch; if you want to put stuff like that in a discussion that's actually pretty serious, I'd suggest putting something of substance in your post first.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I wanna Explore Space (Testers Wanted)
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:49:44 PM »
I'd recommend leveling the volume of every music track used in Audacity just in case you might miss one and just be more consistent overall.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi everyone!
« on: January 24, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »
The reason a lot of files on axfc don't work is because the servers crashed some time in 2012

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi everyone!
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
Welcome!

(No one post any links to games in here though, especially private games; keep that in private messages)

Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:21 AM »
Yeah, while F-jumps can be difficult for newer players, they really aren't as frame perfect as they may seem. Now, if you want to see what a frame perfect jump actually looks like:

Engines / Re: All Fangame Engine Differences
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
My first question is what is the difference between each engines what do they each contain for them to be different.

There are some differences in the physics between most engines; for example, ねころん's engine and many of the other engines on the wiki have a glitch where you full jump if you 1-frame in water. There are also different "standard" objects in each engine: some engines have gravity flippers, while others don't. You'd just have to look what each engine has already.

My second question is which is the best engine for me to start with to make a decent needle game unlike other trash ive seen on the wiki.

I personally like Lemon's engine the best, although yuuutu and Nikaple's engines are also perfectly fine from what I've seen.

My third question is what does a "standard" engine give me.

Once again, it depends on the engine; the few things that are in common among all engines are: the player sprite/object and anything that relates with the player (bow, bullet, etc.), spikes/cherries, save points, warps, and system objects that run the game. Pretty much everything found in the average fangame, especially needle, is found in an engine.

Video Discussion / Re: 0px jump
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:00:50 AM »
Nothing, really, although it's cool to know it exists

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the 128
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:19 PM »
There was an older version of Lemon's engine which had a lot of bugs like that in it (see: iwbtBoner for a complete set of what bugs there were); once again, I don't actually use water enough in my games to know if they work like that or not, but, in the latest version at least, I don't think there's a problem with the water at all (basing this off of an old dead game of mine that had a water segment, which used the latest version of the engine).

« on: January 20, 2016, 07:30:57 PM »
That's for ねころんEdition; it doesn't do that in Lemon's engine I don't think

« on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
Welp, I've never actually used the difficulty select screen in Lemon's engine like it's used in a lot of games so I don't know how it works exactly either; from what I've seen, some engines use separate spike objects to place in this room, and others use the same spikes and code it so that they behave like they do. Maybe it could be an issue with respect to that? idk

I'll actually get around to playing this later, as, from what I've seen, it looks pretty fun.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 80