Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - infern0man1

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 80
I'll try to work on it.

Edit: stopping there, will complete tomorrow if another staff member hasn't already done so.

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
The latest version of Lemon's engine works with 8.0, just an FYI.

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Kill The Happil Dazzar Defeated
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
I can already see a future shit storm ensuing, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this to prevent any repetitive flaming and such, especially seeing that everything that needed to be said has already been said.

I don't believe there is a way to do that without creating a new step.

Alternatively, you could create a main object and in the step event put:

Code: [Select]
step+=1;
switch(step){
  case [frame]:
    //stuff
  break;
}

Ths works exactly the same way timelines work and it's easier to copy and paste code from one step to another.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello!
« on: August 12, 2015, 05:46:02 PM »
heyo~ ~(=^・ω・^)ノ

Doesn't look too hard

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:05 PM »
I recommend always looking at the original post to see if a song has already been put down there; I am at fault for not posting here with notifications that I have updated the original post.

Also, please put the videos in spoilers; it reduces the amount of lag on some computers (it took me 5 minutes to load the post reply page because of one video).

With that, I've updated the original post with most everything that has been requested.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Xbox 360 controller problems
« on: August 07, 2015, 11:35:12 AM »
I used Joy2Key a long time ago on some fangames and I remember it working fine for a 360 controller, so I would definitely try that program!

I used Joy2Key for a bit as well, and it works fine.

Programming Questions / Re: Edit sprites with glow
« on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »
Increase the size of the eraser; the edges of the eraser mark will be a lighter alpha,  like the smooth edge option.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello everyone
« on: August 05, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »
Heyo~

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: August 04, 2015, 10:53:44 PM »
I don't know if this has already been addressed, but...
I found something wrong with saving.
If you save on the floor, you get stuck in it and can't move left or right until you jump.

I can't offer any help on the issue at hand since I know nothing of this engine or how GM:S works, but I would like to point out that this bug is prominent in some of the more standard engines, such as yuuutu and ねころん editions, although it only happens with miniBlocks. As verve said above, maybe you have a previous version that doesn't have this fix, but idk.

Game Design / Re: On Originality In Fangames
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:19:10 PM »
There was no need to carry on this conversation from the previous thread, and its disturbing to see an extremely minor, honest comment attacked on a personal level.

I told them to carry it on here because it wasn't entirely on topic in the original thread; it wasn't really helping Yoburg much in terms of what he could do differently in his next projects, which I personally think is what most of those threads should be used for other than giving a DL link.

Edit: looking through it all, I can't really see anything that could be justified as a personal attack, although I originally got the impression that is was. Hopefully the conversation can progress without as much heat as it had; if it continues to devolve, I will take action on it.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the only level
« on: August 03, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
I'm going to have to intervene here; if you want to debate on the topic at hand, continue in a new thread please.

Programming Questions / Re: Invincibility Frames
« on: August 03, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
A while back sand wrote this script for orbiting, I hope he won't mind I put it here:

Code: (orbit) [Select]
argument0=centerX; //the center x-coordinate for the orbit
argument1=centerY; //the center y-coordinate for the orbit
argument2=radius;
argument3=spinSpeed; //the speed the projectile is moving in the orbit
argument4=direction;
argument5=radiusSpeed; //the speed the projectile is moving along the radius (a speed of -1 would make the projectile move inwards)

x=centerX+lengthdir_x(radius+rad,direction+dir);
y=centerY+lengthdir_y(radius+rad,direction+dir);
dir+=spinSpeed;
rad+=radiusSpeed;

And in the projectile's step event:

orbit(centerX,centerY,radius,spinSpeed,direction,radiusSpeed);

You could set the defaults in the projectile's step event, but for me, when I set the spinSpeed in the step event, the projectiles will just speed up until it hits a certain speed, then slow back down, as if it were a sine wave. To avoid this, I usually just put in either a spawning object's alarm[_] event or the boss's alarm[_] event:

for(i=0;i<360;i+=360/[number]){
  a=instance_create([x value],[y value],cherry);
  a.centerX=a.xstart;
  a.centerY=a.ystart;
  a.radius=[number];
  a.spinSpeed=[number];
  a.direction=i;
  a.radiusSpeed=[number];
}

If you don't want the projectiles to move in towards the orbit's center, you can remove rad and radiusSpeed from each code or just set it radiusSpeed to 0.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 80