Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JGBMaster

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Tools & Software / Re: map2gm - Needle map to GM converter
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:55 AM »
Patrick has done it again. Amazing. :Kreygasm:

Video Discussion / Re: Which type are you?
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:15 AM »
I didn't make this because I wanted to teach people how to do a jump, I just did it for funzies and because I wanted to joke with "the cheater", "the crazy", show the ones that require D trick for fun and just be a bit creative with a diamond :Kappa:. But I actually never expected someone to ask how to do a diamond since this is a really simple jump that I thought everybody knows how to do (as you've said before).

But idk, since people liked it and I like fucking around on rmj :Kappa:, I'll do a few more. Glad you like the thread :).

Video Discussion / I Wanna fly the Far Away in 665 deaths
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »
I'm lazy to write it again here, read it on the description :Kappa:

https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/c/7039086

Video Discussion / Which type are you?
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »
Hey, it's JGB o/

Today I was kinda bored and had the idea of making this video. Since people seemed to like it I decided to post it here and I'm actually planning on doing more. It'd be neat if you guys suggested new jumps that you want me to play around with for the next episodes or new interesting ways of doing a jump (credit will be given on the video).

Enjoy and thanks for watching!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: November 16, 2015, 05:18:28 AM »
fucking finally
(click to show/hide)

Also, here's a full playthrough of I wanna be the Defiant (too lazy to edit). I've been having sound issues lately, that's why there's no sound playing.

https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/27106631

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:49:19 AM »
Pretty fucking hard. Died 3 times at last jump.
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: tfw first tried last 5 jumps
that was fucking fast lol

« on: November 03, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »
rip needle in a haystack
Had some kinda aids parts but was p fun overall

Chaining cancels is only used for jumps where you have to cancel more than once in a row (floor and water inverts). As far as I know I'm the only player who does these jumps that way (basically because I'm the one who came up with this method) and since my cactus cancels are too high because I have a shit keyboard. Chaining cancels is definitely a lot harder than cactus cancelling and noone (besides me) uses it. Wouldn't recommend it unless you have a shit keyboard.

For inverts or double inverts, it's actually a lot more complex.
Nope. 2.xxx inverts (till 2.375), double inverts and 1.5 inverts can be done even without cancelling (if you can 1frame with your keyboard) and you don't need to chain cancels for that, you can just single cancel with rebinds. As I've said before chaining cancels is only used for floor and water inverts.

Also, if you have any questions about how to add rebinds, how to cancel with rebinds (it's slightly different than cancelling with a standard keyboard layout), how to cactus cancel, how to chain cancels and everything related to jump ancelling just add me on Skype (username is JGBMaster, the one with the Spanish flag).

« on: October 24, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »
Really cool game made by fail_jguy

Yesterday I finally finished Banana Pudding's Extra stage, so I decided to edit and upload all the footage taken from that game.

Thanks everyone for supporting my stream and cheering me up when I was about to quit at some parts :)
Hardest game I've ever cleared.

Hope you can enjoy it even if you watch it at 2x speed or with some skips. :Kappa:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deathcount & time: https://i.prntscr.com/22c478f47643476fbfd9db210f6ee4dc.png

Separate stages playlist: youtube.com /playlist?list=PLZB9RmScHlk5VrhX06eR_xks6Sf4KWGPU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full playthrough + Extra stage video:

Thanks for watching!

« on: October 17, 2015, 05:52:18 AM »
rip banana pudding extra :PogChamp:
hardest game ive ever cleared by far

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Some needle/platforming questions
« on: October 17, 2015, 04:47:54 AM »
Basically what Watson said, but you can't know your valigns in 99% of the wiki games so don't worry about them. And if you wanna bunnyhop just keep 5framing (highest jump possible for a gate jump) and then jump as soon as you hit the ground until you get it. You might be confusing vstring with valigns, though. The 2-block trick and other jumps are only possible with a specific vstring, but don't worry much about it either, vstring dependant jumps are only used on really hard needle games and L games.

Regarding jump cancelling, it's only obligatory on really hard needle games and bad games, so if you don't wanna play them there's no need to learn how it works. I personally use jump cancelling a lot and always use rebinds for it because I'm always playing crazy games and testing crazy jumps. :Kappa:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Some needle/platforming questions
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:25:51 PM »
You can also 1frame by fullcancelling. Gates are done by holding shift 5 or 6 frames although we say it's done with 4frames and 5frames since we start counting when The Kid starts jumping (Game Maker takes a frame to make him jump).

Fulljumping your 1st jump is a 23frame and fulljumoing your 2nd is a 19frame.

Tips on how to solve a problem:
1. Talk about it instead of letting it grow and get worse
2. Don't be a bitch

Tools & Software / Re: Jtool (a new RMJ)
« on: October 15, 2015, 03:55:02 AM »
Thanks for making this Patrick! <3

I really don't know if you're a needle guy but I really appreciate how you're making things easier for us, needle players, (this tool and your .map to GMS file converter thing) or for people who can't do anything on Game Maker because they don't know shit about it. (me :Kappa:)

Thanks again and looking forward to see more from you! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17