Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JGBMaster

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Gameplay & Discussion / Sound issue makes some fangames unplayable
« on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »
A few weeks ago I switched from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Installed all the drivers and everything seemed to be working perfectly, but when I played some Brute or FTFA a message like this message would pop up when loading the game.

When I'm not streaming or recording I usually play with fangame sound off (so I can play other music or watch Twitch/YouTube at the same time), so I didn't care about that error as long as I could play the games. Everything seemed to be fine until I downloaded Fidelity. Whenever I jumped on that game it would lag it a lot, making it almost unplayable. Today I wanted to play Challenge 100 Trials and it was even worse.

I have to say that audio works perfectly on any other program/software other than fangames, so I don't know what could be causing this. I re-installed the audio drivers to see if that worked, but it didn't.

I'll put down here what happens on different games when this error pops up.

FTFA: Mixer track doesn't appear till I jump or shoot. Jump and death sounds work perfectly. Shooting lags it.

Brute: Mixer track won't appear. No lag but no sound.

Fidelity: Mixer track appears from the beginning. Jumping/shooting/dying stops music and lags the game. The more frequent these sounds are, the more laggy and unplayable it gets. Music restarts after pressing R but it takes more than 1 second to load (maybe it's normal).

Challenge 100 Trials: Pretty much the same as Fidelity except that it's a lot more laggy (maybe because music instantly reloads after playing the shoot/jump sound, not when restarting like with Fidelity) and that mixer track appears when first sound is played, like with FTFA.

By the way, games made with GM:S work perfectly so far (Simple Needle, JTool), they don't even give me that error message. Oh, and I'm using a thing called EqualizerAPO, but I don't think that does anything to fangames.

I hope this info can help. Thanks in advance.

JGB aka needle mater

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:51:05 AM »
Forgot to post this the other day

Tools & Software / Re: Katz' Input Viewer
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »
Looks p neat :o

Off Topic / Re: opinion
« on: May 07, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »
my opinion is that inferno sux dix

The word "opinion" comes from opinio in Latin, which means "conjecture" or "belief" and its meaning is understood in general as some kind of probable knowledge, thought to be equally far from true knowledge and ignorance.

According to Plato, opinions (doxa) are some kind of self-knowledge that resides within our souls and allows us to acquire knowledge about the sensible world, unlike science (episteme), that allows us to reach true knowledge, the understanding of ideas and essences.

Here's some in-depth explanation about my understanding of what opinions actually are: (in case someone wants to read it)

(click to show/hide)

By the way, I don't get why sometimes having an opinion here somehow leads to "drama". It looks like when someone disagrees about something with another person on this forum there's usually somebody who will either complain about it and call it "drama" or make fun of it with the toxic community memes or similar stuff.

And even though this is off topic, I prefer reading something interesting (such as personal opinions) than meaningless posts that interfere on debates or any type of conversations and I personally think that this is what makes other people not wanting to post at all in some topics, since it feels like some people wouldn't really take it seriously anyway.

I think that both Sword's and Geo's posts have a different yet interesting point of view and I don't see anything wrong with that. There was no hate on their posts, they were just calmly talking.

Off Topic / Re: i have no words
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »
Nope. When I was running ftfa and getting better runs at it a lot of people started asking "whens ftfa deathless" all the time (because Wischtech WR "memes"). A few weeks later some people were still being annoying with that and I was tired of seeing that, so I decided to post a tweet asking people to stop doing it because it wasn't funny anymore and because I was starting to get mad about it.

When I got the 7 death run I thought people would stop being annoying because I said I wasn't going to go for a better run (and I don't think I'm gonna change my mind), but a few weeks ago I decided to run it for the FGM and I've played it a few times since then. And today this happens. Looks like I'm cursed or something lol

Off Topic / i have no words
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:41:55 AM »

what the fuck
why

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: May 04, 2016, 03:30:27 AM »
I'd be willing to help out for Spanish if need be.

« on: April 19, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »
Good job, Sword! :OneHand:
That was probably the hardest area for me.

My progress:

1 screen left to beat this stage. 3 saves left to beat this stage. 4 saves left to beat the game.

Hype! :PogChamp:

« on: April 02, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »

« on: March 21, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »
OH MY DICKS STAGE 6 CLEAR AAAAAAAAAAA

finally got to stage 7 hype asdkfjansjñaibf d

Meet and Greet! / Re: Existence confirmed
« on: March 19, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
Welcome! o/

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Be The ↓→↑ - Clear
« on: March 04, 2016, 03:51:48 AM »
in fucking sane
grats sherlock :^)

« on: February 28, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »
rip stage 5
hadnt played brute for like 8 months lol

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: The 16px grid align guide
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »
I can see how red makes you think it's wrong but I thought it was clear enough on the first photos. Green is just another working align and the crossed one is the impossible one. I guess I'll just explain what they mean, so it makes it more clear.
Thanks for the feedback!

Gameplay & Discussion / The 16px grid align guide
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:25:49 AM »

The 16px grid align guide

Have you ever wondered how 16px grid aligns work? Well, I don’t know about you, but I have to admit I sometimes did . But if you tried and never really understood how they work (or you were just lazy to figure it out :Kappa:), don’t worry: it’s your lucky day! I will try to explain everything I've learned about them in this thread. :4Head:

Oh, I almost forgot about this. If you don’t know how 32px grid aligns work you can always check Zurai’s strat guide first! There are also some really neat tricks that will make your fangame life a lot easier! You can also check LAWatson’s align explanation if you want to know more about the logic behind them. Really interesting thread!

That being said, let’s start with the guide!

Counting aligns

16px grid aligns are repeated every 1.5 blocks. The little arrows on the images below show the direction of the kid. Make sure they are both pointing the same direction in order to get the correct align. Red walls give the same align, green ones give another one.

By the way, mixing 32px grid align counting with 16px grid align counting is really useful.

Finding aligns on the opposite direction

If you’ve learned how 32px grid aligns work first, you will probably know that finding aligns on the opposite direction is a really useful thing. And yes, it’s really useful for 16px grid aligns too. Here are 3 images that show how to do it (they’re actually the same thing but built in different ways :Kappa:).

Now that you’ve learned how to count them and how to find them on the opposite direction, you should be able to find any 16px grid align you want!

Examples

But wait, don’t leave yet! :BibleThump:
The guide almost finished! Before you leave, let me just show you some examples that you might find helpful. :OneHand:
The red walls give the best align, the green ones give the "ok" or "good" align (doesn't really matter which one of these you choose, most of the time they both work except for the walkoffs shown below) and the crossed wall gives the impossible align.

-   Last pixel align (ledge) / walkoff align:

-   Some corners:

End of the guide

So yeah, this is the end of the guide. I hope you now understand how 16px aligns work! :4Head:

Thanks for reading (if you did :Kappa: ) and have a nice day! See you on the forums or Twitch! :atkHappy:

JGB aka needle mater

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17