Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JGBMaster

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: January 31, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
You can click on "advanced" in the top right corner of the website. You can then search by tag, and if you press "I'm feeling lucky!" you get a random game with that tag. You can also Reroll when you get a result you're not happy with.

Didn't know that :o
Thanks!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: January 31, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
Sometimes, when I'm trying to find a new needle game to play I have to search through some pages of reviews till I find the "Needle" tag. I think it would be great if we could just have links to all of the fangame genre tags and some other popular tags on the front page so people can just click them or type them on a search bar for tags. And talking about tags, I think it would be cool to add the "random game" feature for each tag.

Oh, and I think that adding the option to just find games with only a tag in particular would be cool too. The reason why I think this is a good idea is because there's people who are avoidance-exclusive players that I'm sure they hate when the game they're playing is "ruined" by "boring" or "bullshit" needle, or needle-exclusive players that just don't want to have to deal with avoidance fights/bosses, etc.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:58:03 AM »
rip nabla 2

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna fly the Far Away in 7 deaths
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:35:27 AM »
Updated first post again with a new PB.

Video Discussion / Re: 0px jump
« on: January 25, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »
Nope, doesn't work on Yuuutu either.

rip

« on: January 25, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
Looks like dying on Kinata Engine difficulty select screens doesn't carry your momentum, so can't do it.

« on: January 24, 2016, 05:28:23 PM »
It's ok. I just shouldn't have guessed you knew that stuff like this has already happened many times, that's why I felt like expressing my nonconformity.

« on: January 24, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »
@Seph

Making fun of someone/some specific group of people gets boring after happening way too much. Poking stops being funny.
I honestly don't understand since when "Text wall==Drama" became a thing, I was just trying to explain others why I didn't like that with a comparison and some examples. I feel like nowadays people in our community just call everything "drama" for no actual reason at all than just a group of people not agreeing with another one.

Also, if you don't like reading long text walls that don't even have anything to do with you, why did you even reply? It looks like you're the one who wants to make drama.

« on: January 24, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
Edited this post since it somehow lead to "drama".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't find this stuff interesting it's ok, but please don't post if you have nothing interesting to say than just a joke. Keep the discussion on topic.

Video Discussion / 0px jump
« on: January 21, 2016, 04:14:28 AM »

If you're wondering what's Watson talking about, you are in the correct topic. :4Head:

A few days ago, Watson and I found a way to do a 0px jump on a difficulty screen from a game made with Lemon Engine (haven't tested if this also works on other engines, though) and I thought it'd be interesting to share it.

Here's the video:

I'll just copy the description of the video because I'm lazy to type it again. :Kappa:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation:

We both think that when you "die" on difficulty selection screens you carry your momentum like in Kamilia 2 (what makes saveboosting a thing).

The numbers mean the jump height in pixels (0.40 when spawning because on encripted savefiles The Kid's position is loaded without decimals and the gravity pulls him to y.40 on 1st frame when he spawns on the floor). Spike color changes when the player hits a spike (so we could tell if we were actually doing a 0px jump instead of respawning twice or more).
Thanks to Watson for making these 2 objects.

At first we thought The Kid was just spawning again and again (when you press R you're actually falling on 1st frame because the thing about encripted savefiles I explained before), but we noticed that The Kid's sprite on first frame wasn't the one when he's falling, it was the one when he's jumping, so he was actually jumping. Then we also noticed that the jump height was higher than 0.40 so we concluded that The Kid was actually doing a 0px jump.

Thanks for watching and reading this! (if you did :Kappa:)

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna fly the Far Away in 29 deaths
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:44:22 PM »
Updated first post with the new PB.

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna fly the Far Away in 61 deaths
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
Thanks.

Whens ftfa deathless sub 50 on stream?

Soon, I hope.

Video Discussion / I Wanna fly the Far Away in 7 deaths
« on: January 17, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/jgbmaster/v/37755916

I think I'm done with this game. Slightly improvable screen 1, really good screens 2 and 3 and perfect screen 4 (deathless).

I would've never thought I could ever get to this point. So glad I didn't choke. Thanks to those who believed in me and encouraged me.

Video Discussion / Re: Boshy any% (Dark Boshy, No Wrong Warp) in 32:23
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:54:01 AM »
Good job BBF! :atkHappy:

You did it !

I don't think you'll just start doing 1frames consistently, I think you have to practice them first. Wolsk never knew how to 1frame until he somehow started doing them in Zeus. I personally can't 1frame with my keyboard (I can barely 2frame), but I can move left/right for 1 frame kinda consistently.

I know your keyboard isn't the same as Den, Wolsk, Jumpy and other players use but it's still a good keyboard and you should be able to 1frame/move for a frame with it, so I don't think your keyboard is the problem. I think you're pretty much new to fangames (not trying to be offensive here, I'm assuming you are new to this since this is your first post) and you (as many other players when they started playing fangames) aren't skilled enough to shorthop and move for a frame consistently.

I guess this is the "issue" since I've played fangames with other keyboards that could let me move for a frame kinda consistently but I've never been able to 1frame.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17