Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kilgour22

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »
I Wanna Kill the Siam clear. Fun little game.  :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: How to consistently do a mini jump?
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »
It might be a problem with your keyboard.

Some keyboards don't recognize inputs of less than 3 frames. If you can actually do a short hop (just over a minispike), than you may just need to practice until you're consistent at it.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Wher to find zip files for these games?
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:43:44 PM »
This is the wiki with lots of fangames: https://www21.atwiki.jp/iwannabethewiki/pages/283.html
This is the wiki with lots of fangames and ratings (and DL links): delicious-fruit.com

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: April 15, 2015, 09:58:24 PM »

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:58:59 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/subfusc_moose/c/6512584

This is one of my better fails for sure.

After watching the video several times I actually hear my doublejump going off, so I guess my shift button somehow registered 2 jumps with one tap.

We call this the single button jump cancel. Happens to me all the time. :P

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Kill The Creator v1.0
« on: April 14, 2015, 10:17:48 PM »
Fix the engine man. Right now there's a stupid engine bug where when you have a platform and a spike on the same spot, the fucking spike kills you. That is NOT OKAY. It makes it blatantly obvious that you didn't test your own shit without a god mode, nor did you have ANYONE test it. There's resources on the forums here to help get rid of that bug. Use them, god dammit. If you're going to put effort into making a game, at least put in the effort to make everything work properly.

Programming Questions / Re: Error opening binary file.
« on: April 05, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »
Are you placing the player object in the room or the playerStart object in the room?

Programming Questions / Re: sound loop
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:52:22 PM »
There's a thread for this already in game design. Find it and it will answer your question.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Two Kids Glitch
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
Looks like there's a bug where the creator forgot to destroy the player and instead spawned a player2 and turned player into player2 as well.

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:35 PM »
I tried to avoid any tedium by switching the style of hazards. The first half of the first room is precise jumping. The second have is less precise jumping but with some avoidance thrown in. The second room is avoidance plus path finding.
If you think that's precise jumping you've got a lot to learn. The fact that you weren't sure if a diagonal was possible because you couldn't do it is slightly painful... please have more experience with fangames before attempting to make something hard.

Also, those that listen to the advice of others that have a lot of experience become great gamemakers. Those that get defensive and are not open to constructive criticism don't last very long.

One final thing: have you asked BRex for permission to use his name in your game? You may not have considered that he possibly doesn't want his name chucked onto a game without being asked.

PS: Second screen. Add a save on the ground so you don't have to walk the entire length of the screen before being able to give another attempt.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna stop the MELTDOWN
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »
Well I wouldn't say it's terrible, but sorry you didn't like it.

I didn't like it because it was just kinda slow and almost every attack was RNG.
No one made you do it... not even the game

Have you considered streaming? That's generally a pretty good way to show authenticity.  :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: KAMILIA 3 v1.30
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
Last boss is released  :PogChamp: :PogChamp: :PogChamp:

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The 213
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6