Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kilgour22

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Off Topic / Re: opinion
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:19:38 PM »

According to Plato, opinions (doxa) are some kind of self-knowledge that resides within our souls and allows us to acquire knowledge about the sensible world, unlike science (episteme), that allows us to reach true knowledge, the understanding of ideas and essences.
I'll just leave this here! httpss://screwplato.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/ancient-greek-philosophy/

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Island
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:36:33 PM »
I feel like this game has a bit of an identity crisis. While there are some neat jumps in it, the save difficulty in general is out of whack with arbitrary save placement & somewhat nasty first jumps.

Try as I might, I can't figure out the type of player who's going to enjoy this game. Because of the semi-regular usage of v-align jumps and grindy jumps (see https://prnt.sc/az7xk3 and https://prnt.sc/az82qr for what I mean), it would seem to be geared towards players of a higher skill level. However, with the variance in save difficulty and the jumps themselves, I think that the players who would typically enjoy these kinds of v-align grinds and low-percentage jumps will find this to be too easy or too boring. Players of average skill level would almost certainly either be unable to complete this or unwilling to.

To sum up, I just can't figure out a (typical) target audience for this game. I cleared but didn't enjoy it, nor did I feel fulfilled to have cleared it. Some suggestions would be to reconsider the save balance (and game balance on a broader scope), get rid of grindy double full jump starting jumps, more engaging visuals, and making good aligns as convenient as possible.

Video Discussion / Re: 0px jump
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
What's the point of doing a 0px jump?

If you want your spiral to go inwards, than you need your radius to be constantly reducing. This is achievable by multiplying with a spiral factor of 0 < spiral_factor < 1. Choosing a negative value will simply reverse the direction, but the radius is still increasing due to the factor being greater than 1.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the 128
« on: January 20, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
Sadly, this is in Lemon Engine.
Make sure to change the way the water is coded if you're gonna use some.
Is lemon water bad? I use lemon for a few of my projects and I've never encountered an issue with it.
If I recall correctly, a one frame in Lemon water makes you do a full jump. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the 128
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:21:23 PM »

This is what happens if you enter the "resume game" portal without having a saved game, then die while trying to get to the start portal. Since R is disabled, you're stuck (obviously f2 can be pressed, but a bug nonetheless!).

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »

I died over 3000 times beating this game when it first came out. I decided to play it again to see how far I've come, and I must say that I've progressed quite a bit. Impossible Mode attempts soon?  :Kappa:

Use an engine that loads music externally.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:22 PM »

Last screen took far too long to beat.

Video Discussion / Re: wow, such vid, much suspicious
« on: September 05, 2015, 12:33:26 AM »
The problem is not you posting it.

The problem is the ridiculous title of this post which is intended to stir drama, and don't even deny that it isn't because it is.

Also, if you want to show off a fail, there is a section dedicated to fangame fails which I'm sure you've seen. Why is this in the Video Discussion section if you have a "nice fail vid" instead of in the aforementioned thread?

Video Discussion / Re: wow, such vid, much suspicious
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:18:53 PM »
You really like to try and stir up drama, don't you? Does it make you feel good about yourself when you to go sleep at night, thinking "Yeah, I really showed these people that I can make a non-suspicious video!"?

Something you'll learn in life is to just let things go and move on. Posts titled "Wow, such vid, much suspicious" make you come off as an immature child incapable of handling yourself in any sort of mature environment, regardless of whether it be in person or on the internet hidden beneath a cloak of anonymity.

Being a part of this community is a privilege, not a right. Please remember that and handle yourself accordingly.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I wanna games, don't work, help!
« on: August 27, 2015, 05:14:39 PM »
 :paraPalm: :paraPalm: :paraPalm: :paraPalm: :paraPalm: :paraPalm:

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Kill The Happil Dazzar Defeated
« on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:10 PM »
Bruh, watch it slowed down to 0.25 times normal speed. It's a really, really obvious indicator that it's not the same clip. Lag doesn't look like what happened; you covered far too much distance for the "lag time". The kid doesn't fall quick enough to end up where he did.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:14:34 PM »

Super fun game, was enjoyable to play through.

The Lounge / Re: Will I wanna's work on Windows 10?
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »
I can confirm that fangames work in Windows 10.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6