Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BBF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2017 Date Discussion
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »
As a no-lifer, any date in June SeemsGood to me.

Announcements / Re: Team overhaul
« on: February 09, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
Whatever happened to King of the Hill? That seemed like a really neat event.

« on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
Even the GamesDoneQuick channel streams spotlights and racing tournaments from time to time as far as I know.

FangameMarathon already has a good Following that a new channel will probably not get to within a year.

« on: February 09, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Re: Relay Race

I always felt like this should have been a thing long ago, but I thought it was pretty hard to organize. With 3 Teams (which is probably optimal), finding 3 players of similar skill for the same game can be an issue, especially if we want to include 5+ games to make it lengthy. The other thing is timezones being a major issue for the europeans (I feel like most of the Wannabe Speedrunners are american/canadian, maybe I'm wrong)

Re: Team Organization

I don't really care what happens. Left the team a while ago because it just felt pointless being in it (and I was taking a break from streaming anyway). Would be happy to join back in if it gets more "serious".

Re: Other Events

What else can we do? Weekly Fangame Challenge was nice, but Bingo is absolutely not my cup of tea (maybe because I'm bad at playing casually). I feel like we should use the FangameMarathon Twitch channel more, broadcast a weekly 2-4 players (Blind-)Race with commentary (I am sure we can find someone to commentate for most of anything) or something along those lines.

Game Design / Re: My fangame is almost done (I wanna be the overlord)
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:18:51 AM »
Para testplayed this a while ago and it looked really great.

Good luck.

Meet and Greet! / Re: New boshy runner arround there!
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
CTRL + S to mute the sound, then CTRL + S in World 5 to activate it again.

« on: January 25, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »
If you jump on the frame after you release shoot, you will shoot again.

A lot of players use it mostly at the start of Mario, but there are some uses on Ryu and Solgryn Phase 2 if you want to go for it.

« on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »
Choose whatever control setup you want. I always felt like being comfortable with how you play is more important than it being technically the best.

Of course, damaging bosses and the like can be more difficult if you Shoot and Jump with the same hand, but it's definitely possible to work around that (just like I had to when I first started out)

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
I'm a very competitive person, so I am totally guilty of that. Always get sad that "serious" speedrunning is becoming such a small part of our community (except Get Yourself Fangaming and the couple of people seriously speedrunning something)...but that's besides the point.

Auto-Hosting seems to be pretty broken still, I randomly get hosted sometimes after my stream has been long down, so I won't  be using it for the time being.

Announcements / Re: The Wannabes auto hosting discussion
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »
It all boils down to how "exclusive" you want The Wannabes to be.

Too many members and it doesn't mean anything to be in it, too little members and it might as well be a VIP club.

A question about the auto-hosting: How does it choose what member of the team gets hosted if several are streaming? This could lead to some very unfavorable situations if two or more members happen to stream at the same time frequently, while only one gets all the hosts (if it depends on viewer count, follower count or whatever).

The Lounge / Re: AGDQ 2017
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »
This is a thread to ask who is attending the event and/or submitting games for it, nothing else.

The Lounge / Re: AGDQ 2017
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:36:39 PM »
AGDQ is Awesome Games Done Quick, a bi-yearly speedrunning event that collects money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation (and Doctors Without Borders during the Summer).

The event runs from the 8th to the 15th of January 2017.

The Lounge / AGDQ 2017
« on: September 04, 2016, 04:21:37 PM »
httpss://gamesdonequick.com/

Submissions open in a couple of hours so I guess why not open a thread about it?

Who's going? Who's submitting what?

Personally, I will submit Boshy and Find my Destiny (maybe Go The Run, short runs always have a shot), but will only attend if one of the runs gets in, because it's super expensive to travel across the ocean. :/

Tournaments / Re: Kid of the Hill - A new type of speedrun event!
« on: August 25, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »
Just choose one of the most dedicated speedrunners in the community to be the first king.

*cough* me *cough*

:Kappa:

Tournaments / Re: Kid of the Hill - A new type of speedrun event!
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:56:31 PM »
I'm most likely joining it, unless the list of games turns out to be meh.

Also in favor of 4 way races for the King title. Makes the King change more often and gives more spotlight to talented runners that don't necessarily have the time to go for the fastest time.

Another thing to consider is removing the current week's game from the pool for a couple of weeks to avoid repeated picks (maybe even swap out games that have been picked with a different game and make a rotation?)

And the last thing I just thought of. Maybe make a "special" week like once a month, limiting game selection to Needle/Aventure/100F/whatever. Might force a long standing King to get out of his comfort zone, or just spice up the range of games being picked. Obviously would need a good and varied selection of the pool.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7