Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BBF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
I think people in the community, especially on the Twitch team should not be streaming during the marathon and hosting it to show their support.  I was extremely agitated to find people on the team streaming during the marathon, not in relation to it whatsoever.

tfw not a single speedrunner is allowed to stream during GDQs or ESA.

(click to show/hide)

I never speedrun off-stream, and I see no reason to change it because a marathon is running.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
I probably have the most anger issues in this community, and I haven't broken any hardware yet.

Seriously, wtf?

Video Discussion / Re: Boshy any% (Dark Boshy, No Wrong Warp) in 32:07
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
Aaaand we're down to 32:07.

Video Discussion / Re: Boshy any% (Dark Boshy, No Wrong Warp) in 32:20
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
Updated the original post with my new pb, 32:20.

Video Discussion / Boshy any% (Dark Boshy, No Wrong Warp) in 32:07
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:47:39 AM »

Hype.

Tournaments / Re: Get Yourself Fangaming: Game Suggestions!
« on: October 21, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
Churatch
Little Runners

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:35 AM »
Important to note is that you cannot re-save in Sunspike that easily because the touch saves are broken and only work once.

Programming Questions / Re: BGM Folder
« on: August 08, 2015, 06:10:07 AM »
Players can replace the music with something else, or choose to not load it at all to lower startup time (like K3 does with FMOD)

Also keeps your .exe file much smaller and (probably?) makes it easier to switch out music during development.

General Discussion / Re: Looking for Swedish runners for Swedes of Speed
« on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »
Famarok is probably the best (and only  :Kappa:) active swedish Boshy speedrunner if you want to contact him.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be Your Banana Pudding
« on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
The Spike outline makes me really dislike this game at times. Pretty fun regardless.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 13, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

3/4 on Boss Rush, 3/4 on Extra Rush. Piano grind is getting close..

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangame block at ESA 2015
« on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:09 PM »
Time is now set in stone at Saturday 9 AM CEST. There will be a Skype call with some other fangame players (hopefully, it's a shitty time for both European and American players)

« on: June 30, 2015, 01:54:59 AM »
Yosniper made his first engine in 2011 called "I wanna be the better engine", which is debatable.

lol.

Thanks for the post Cheese, I'll probably use a bunch of that.

Also the block is scheduled for Saturday evening, probably whenever my Boshy run is done.

« on: June 29, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
2planks put up a Laptop with Last TIS on it for people to try.

Wondering what the best attempt will be when I arrive there.  :Kappa:

Gameplay & Discussion / Fangame block at ESA 2015
« on: June 28, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
I'll be at the European Speedster Assembly from July 2nd to July 5th, and they seem to have some big free timeslots on the secondary stream.

I thought I would bring up the idea of putting together a bunch of fangame content to show off for a couple of hours.

Should I even attempt to do that? Ontwoplanks and Heinki would probably be around to help me on site, so it wouldn't just be me doing stuff the entire time.

What kind of content?

- History of Fangames (Original Guy, IWBTFangame). I'm not too familiar with this topic so maybe someone can write up a little something or link to some information.

- Different types of fangames: Adventure, Needle, Avoidance, Trap, 100 Floor. Show some examples for each.

- Jump tutorial: Pretty much the RMJ map that was used for different jump types in that one picture. Explain how to approach certain jumps, talk a little bit about aligns.

- Famous Fangames: Boshy, Churatch, NANG, Across the Rainbow and so on. Play parts of each game (first 3 stages of NANG, full Rainbow run f.e.)

- Famous Bosses: Show clears of LoveTrap Miku (the fight it all started with), Piano, Sunspike boss, etc.

- If some people unfamiliar with fangames want to: let them play through Celebrate 100, Conquer the Blow or whatever.

That's just a rough draft of ideas on what I could do (if this even happens). Feel free to give suggestions/feedback/whatever you want to say.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7