Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BaronBlade

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Official Fangame Soundtracks Request Thread
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:35:47 PM »
What's the song for Mr. Trebole's fight in NAMTG? (It's the same as Rin and Len in IWBTCherry)

Nice work! Stage 2 is pretty chill compared to Flandre, but the next boss is a doozy.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Not Another Magic Tower Secret 1 Save 2
« on: February 13, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »
Align on the block you stand on and bonk as close to the edge as you can get, then you should be able to make it over. Alternatively, you can 1-frame or jump cancel with that align ;^)

General Discussion / Re: Is there a way to pratice bosses in Kamilia3?
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:14:56 PM »
Assuming you mean the Miku phase, there's a neat game called I Wanna Clear the Crime and Punishment, which is that phase from the original White and Black. It's a lot harder, and grinding it will help you understand how the attack works.

Off Topic / Re: heh
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
#bringbackchat

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I wanna Explore Space (Testers Wanted)
« on: January 24, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »
Played to the start of stage five. This game shows a lot of promise, but there are a few things that need fixing. The first thing that strikes me is the spike sprites. Only the upward spikes are changed for some reason. Also, the spikes have black outlines, which doesn't work well when most backgrounds are mostly solid black. The only other visual problem is stage 4's tileset. It's just really disorienting. Otherwise, the game looks nice. The level design and difficulty curve need some work. The first three stages are relatively easy, but then stage four hits you with two low-frame jumps (https://imgur.com/OYxxvjK), which is a problem for newer players. Also, there was a point in stage two where I could just jump right to the goal from the first save. It wasn't even hard. The (first?) boss was pretty interesting, although I was kinda sad at how short it was. Oh, and the music in stage 3 (the one from Meltdown) needs to be lowered. Overall, this game could be really good if you just had a bunch of small fixes. (sorry about the text wall, haha)

Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:50 AM »
If you want a less ridiculously hard recommendation, I'd look into playing Spinal Fluid, although that does have some weird pattern stuff at the beginning.

if i can even get to the boss. i'm completely stuck at save number three. i can pass the first jump maybe one in 50. and i'm expected to do it twice in a row?

I can see no trick to it, just what looks like frame perfect timing.

The trick to f jumps is getting as close to the edge as you can, doing a gate jump, then turning around. It's not as precise as it seems, although the timing can be tough to learn.

Game Design / Re: RNG in avoidance. Doing it RIGHT.
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
If you want a less ridiculously hard recommendation, I'd look into playing Spinal Fluid, although that does have some weird pattern stuff at the beginning.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Your worst fail in a fangame
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:24:33 PM »
TIL that pressing Q on difficulty select screens resets your save. At least in Locus it does. I was in the middle of stage 3, so it's not that big a loss, but still pretty frustrating.

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna be the 128
« on: January 19, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »
Only played through the first screen, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Only "criticism" is that the music loops are kinda short, but it doesn't really detract from the game. Looking forward to the rest! :wixSanic:

Programming Questions / Re: Making A Penalty Room
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:27:04 PM »
I would imagine you could make an object in the penalty room and put the save's bullet collision code in the new object's room start code, although it's probably more complicated than that.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Some insight into the japanese community.
« on: January 12, 2016, 12:52:21 PM »
I don't know anyone who thinks Japanese people don't like hard games. :V

Not to mention that the majority of fangames are Japanese

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:33:40 PM »

Oh hey same

(click to show/hide)

« on: January 08, 2016, 06:22:10 AM »
I got stuck in the ceiling on floor 72 of Marchen... I crave the sweet release of death
Pressing X gets you unstuck by the way.
Oh my god, thank you. :atkLove:

« on: January 07, 2016, 10:19:37 PM »
I got stuck in the ceiling on floor 72 of Marchen... I crave the sweet release of death

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11