Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - BaronBlade

Pages: [1]
Gameplay & Discussion / I Wanna Get Rekt Not Starting
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »
Hello guys! I've recently gotten a new computer which happens to run windows 10. For the most part, everything works fine. However, for some reason, I cannot find a way to make IWGRekt work. I've tried Pat's win10 fixer. I've tried running as admin. I've tried both at once. Once I click run from the autopatcher...nothing. It disappears; it's not even in the task manager. If anyone has a solution, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks! :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Kamilia 2 Final Boss Strat Thread
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
I've started seriously grinding the final boss in Kamilia 2, and I've decided to make a thread for my strats (which are probably standard) to see if anyone has advice or alternative strats to work with. This could go ignored, but I think it'd be useful to have a written guide for this boss.

Start: It's pattern, so just learn how to do it. I use the left platform, but the left corner also works. You have to be on the left platform once the pattern ends, though, so keep that in mind. After the pattern, Kamilia fires off columns; stay just to the right of the wall to avoid getting hit by the bad hitboxes. When she fires the tracking bullets, quickly double jump over the first one and fall down. Stay still for the following attack. Finally, she rains down RNG bombs. She will fire two pillars around you twice, so you need to read carefully, quickly, and in a wide radius, as the bombs have a surprisingly wide angle range. The bottom left corner and just to the right of the platform are safe from the final wave of columns.

Yellow: The ideal starting attack. Dupe the gray apple (if this isn't the starting attack, you can dupe it by jumping to the left, then falling to the right), then run to the right, making sure you don't run into the first ring of shurikens. They're pattern, so you can just run right after that. Stop just to the right of Sticky Keys, then run left as soon as you can. Don't jump, and stop a bit before the wall to get through the spike rings. Check Denferok's video (httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaDKvXVxRLQ) for clarification. This is the only attack without RNG.

Red: This starts off referencing Beezlebub's attack as well as the Big Kid Head. It's best to choose one safespot to work from, although you also need to be wary that the RNG might force you to juke into another one. The  best is the one just to the left of center. I believe that the advantage of this over the center is that the right Kid's bullets are more spread out, so you can focus a bit more on the left Kid. The RNG can be frustrating, but is mostly manageable. Make sure to wait for the last set of rings to fire before jumping to avoid the lava. Then, bats happen. This is the bad part of the attack, as the bats, just as in Geezer, start at random times and stay active for a random amount of time. Generally, the best strat is to go to the right, watching the right Kid head's bullets, and jump over.

Purple: To start, stay in the lower left, dodging the Viridian stars and Influka bullets as they come. Get to the platform as soon as you can after the Viridian bullets go away. From the middle of the left block, jump over a bullet that's about 2-2.5 blocks above the platform, barely dodging the pillar, and jump over the remaining bullets. Read the pattern from the middle and slowly edge left at the purple apples. From here, it's just barrage. Stay somewhat toward the center, as a transition to green will be fatal from the corner. This barrage is surprisingly tough to dodge in many cases, so you really need to look far ahead to make sure something that looks safe doesn't get plugged up before it reaches you. The small green bullets are especially annoying.

Green: This is the hardest to learn in my opinion. It starts with green orbs, then Biollante pops up. Three Hydro Pumps come out; Biollante reappears after the second one. Generally, it's a good idea to let the water take you to the ceiling, depending on how much of a safe area there is up there. It's imperative that you constantly look for which orbs are brightest, as those will fire next. Do a bit more ground dodging, then hearts appear. Start slightly to the right, as Biollante shows up one last time after the first ring passes. Dodge the second ring to the left side, then the attack will finish. Be wary, as the green orbs never stop. This means that you don't want to wait in front of the safe spots for the heart rings, but a bit to the side so that you don't get an orb in the way.

Blue: Start slightly to the right of the left corner if possible. Inch to the right, being mindful of the random red and bouncing yellow apples. Find a safespot from the Gravity Man rain, dodge a few Big Kid apples, then inch to the left, this time with Nue bullets to fuck you up. When in doubt, you generally want to press farther ahead rather than doubling back on both the beginning and end of the attack. It's especially important here to be able to read bullets coming in from all angles.

If you manage to beat all these attacks in one go (and stand away from the middle, as Kamilia fires a single pillar in the center), you get a save point for the rest of the fight. Try to stand on the pillar here, since the game saves your position. I'm still on phase one, however, so I'll stop here.

If anyone would care to elaborate on any attacks, go ahead. This is just a starting point from someone who's grinding the boss.

Gameplay & Discussion / Game Maker Studio Game Fullscreen Bug
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
Hello! I've been having something of an issue while playing fangames in GM:Studio. Whenever I use the fullscreen autohotkey script, these games resize awkwardly, keeping the top bar visible and hiding behind my taskbar (like this: https://imgur.com/sNEXbFe ). Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to play on a lower resolution with GM:Studio games? Any help will be appreciated! :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Shine and Bright Avoidance Help?
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »
Hello! I've been grinding out K3's second boss for a while, and I've only been past the Rose Gear phase once. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting better at it, or perhaps an avoidance with similar attacks (slow, close-range clusters). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :atkHappy:

Off Topic / RIP Mr Bee
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »

I died to the last star and the moon just dropped right down without landing. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Wish I had a gif of it.

Programming Questions / Mid-Boss Avoidance
« on: December 23, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »
Hello! I'm making a medley, and most of my bosses are going to have avoidance segments in the middle. However, I'm not quite sure how to change to the avoidance room, then go back with the boss's HP at the same level. I would guess that you could make the boss a persistent object, but is there anything else to keep in mind? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Programming Questions / Looping Actions?
« on: November 26, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Hello! I'm trying to recreate the cannon enemies from I Wanna Be the Aura, but I'm having problems with having them launch projectiles. In my cannon object, I have a create event and two alarms.

Create:
Code: [Select]
alarm[0]=0;
Alarm 0:
var i;
for(i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
    alarm[1] = 25;
}

alarm[0] = 100;

Alarm 1:
Creates moving instance of the cannon ball object moving upwards at speed 3

Unfortunately, nothing happens when I run the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Lounge / Keeping Calm?
« on: September 08, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »
Hey, I've been grinding k2's boss rush for about a month now, and still haven't beaten any. I die a lot to the end of Crimson, since I'm mainly focusing on that boss first. Does anyone have any tips to keep calm during the final few hits of a long boss like this? I just want this to end! :atkCry:

Gameplay & Discussion / See the Sunrise Help
« on: August 25, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
Hello! I'm having a pretty big issue with I Wanna See the Sunrise. I'm in this room:

and I have no clue what to do. I've tried clicking on the center button when the right side flashes, but the kid still dies. :atkCry: Does anyone know how to get past this? I'd appreciate any help. :atkHappy:

Programming Questions / Spike Triggers in KS Engine?
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:26:49 PM »
Hi! I've been using the Yuuutu engine for a while and decided to upgrade to GMS with the KS engine. Unfortunately, the way spike triggers work between the two engines is entirely different. I put the following code in my spike, but it activates after I reset instead of when I hit the trigger initially.
trg=1;
if global.trigger[trg]==1 {
    vspeed=10;
}
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Meet and Greet! / Hello!
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:21:25 PM »
Hi there! I've been playing fangames for about four months now, and I figured that now would be a good time to make an account and get involved in the community. I have a twitch account, but I can't stream due to shitty wifi. I've been messing around with GM8.1 and trying to make my own fangames. I'd like to consider myself of an average skill level, but I have a ton of persistence, which lets me get through games albeit with a ton of deaths. Here's hoping for a fun time!  :atkHappy:

Pages: [1]