Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BaronBlade

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Game Design / Re: 16:9 resolution
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
I don't think many people would appreciate the graphical upgrade unless you were to scale up the size of The Kid and the tiles accordingly, since making the game that big with the current sprites would cause everything to feel shrunken, especially those of us who play on fullscreen.

Game Design / Re: Crow Once, Praise Twice
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:16 AM »
Eh, why not.

Although the one game I have out right now is a rushed mess, I do have another smallish project in the works. In that, at least, I'm pretty proud of my spritework with the tilesets and spikes. I think I also have good music choices.

In Calamity Fortune, I simply adore how well each attack in the boss works with the music. Although this could be said for numerous avoidances, I feel that the way Ultra pulled it off really draws the player in. Each attack is fun to dodge in its own way, and the boss is just challenging enough that it doesn't feel grindy. It's probably my favorite avoidance of all time.

Resistance is another favorite of mine. I feel like it succeeds in telling a story through nothing more than the atmosphere of each stage. No other fangame I've played has pulled this off in the same way. I especially enjoy playing back through the hub after reaching stage 6; this part really ties the game together, and the final area is just very fun to play through, combining gimmicks that appeared throughout the game. And, of course, its final boss is pretty iconic. Highly recommended adventure game.

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Get Cultured 2 - Official Trailer
« on: March 28, 2016, 08:29:16 PM »
N E A T
E
A
T

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Micromedley
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:39:07 PM »
If you die at all to boss 2, you need to reset the game and play the stage again. Pretty annoying, considering how long the stages are.

Gameplay & Discussion / Game Maker Studio Game Fullscreen Bug
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:39:18 PM »
Hello! I've been having something of an issue while playing fangames in GM:Studio. Whenever I use the fullscreen autohotkey script, these games resize awkwardly, keeping the top bar visible and hiding behind my taskbar (like this: https://imgur.com/sNEXbFe ). Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to play on a lower resolution with GM:Studio games? Any help will be appreciated! :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Post the fangame you just beat!
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Zeus clear :atkHappy:

Fun, classic needle game. Helpful for practicing jump canceling.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:54:30 PM »
THE TORMENT IS OVER

(click to show/hide)

I was stuck here for so long I restarted my game for secret 2 (which took 6 hours). After a total 11 hours, I'm done with Shite and Brine!

EDIT:
neat
(click to show/hide)

Meet and Greet! / Re: Sup Scrubs
« on: March 07, 2016, 07:27:44 PM »
T O X I C C O M M U N I T Y

Seriously, welcome! :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Shine and Bright Avoidance Help?
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »
Hello! I've been grinding out K3's second boss for a while, and I've only been past the Rose Gear phase once. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting better at it, or perhaps an avoidance with similar attacks (slow, close-range clusters). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :atkHappy:

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: So Frustrating D:
« on: March 06, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »
If you mean the platforms, then yes, just spam jump.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: So Frustrating D:
« on: March 06, 2016, 10:31:41 AM »
When there's a drop, bonk the ceiling right before you go down since that maximizes your falling speed. At this part:

it's faster to skip the first and third blocks up with double jumps. Hope this helps!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: March 03, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »
My wrist hurts :atkCry:

(click to show/hide)

(Don't mind the deathcount; I got savefucked in the ground on IA and the data got corrupted when someone fixed it)

Update on the situation:

(click to show/hide)

1. The only real problem with v1.30 is the vines in the Guy Tower and maybe the platforms in secret 3 (although I could be wrong there). I believe that in v1.25, the final phase of the Influka avoidance has stupid hitboxes on the knives (the glowy parts kill you). I'm not sure if that was patched in v1.30.

2. Saves can only be transferred to later versions of the game.

Sorry about the ambiguity of my answers. Hope this helps anyways. :atkHappy:

Meet and Greet! / Re: New here
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:22:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum! I'd recommend I Wanna Challenge 100 Trials and I Wanna Be the Animus as beginner fangames.

Off Topic / RIP Mr Bee
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »

I died to the last star and the moon just dropped right down without landing. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Wish I had a gif of it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11