Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kyir

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
User-Made Creations / Re: Legend of the Cookie
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
You've clearly put a lot of effort into this project, but I'm not exactly sure what this offers people more of compared to downloading GM:S and an already-existing fangame engine. Nonetheless, good luck on your work!

Programming Questions / Re: More Spinning Cherries
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »
It's okay. No one starts knowing everything. Learning to read error messages is very useful though. I recommend looking at this in the future to see if you can figure it out: httpss://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/debugging/runner%20errors.html

Programming Questions / Re: More Spinning Cherries
« on: August 20, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
Do you have the scrMakeCherrySpin script set up properly too? That's sort of important.

Making your own resources? In fangames? Unacceptable.

Looking good despite the unacceptableness though.

Game Design / Re: I Wanna Spook Jam Contest + Collab (8/14 - 9/30)
« on: August 14, 2016, 05:50:38 PM »
Spooky Scary Skellejam was still a superior name.

Good luck to everyone involved though! I think having size constraints will push people to make some really polished content.

Programming Questions / Re: 2 Questions
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »
Being less demanding of people trying to help might help you secure additional help.

Game Design / Re: Medley how?
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »
I would side with Pat in emphasizing that making a medley for your first game is probably not the best idea. Pretty much the best possible scenario is that you make something that isn't entirely offensive to everyone's sensibilities. Worst case, everyone despises it with a passion.

Game Design / Re: Medley how?
« on: August 13, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »
He's asking if there's a tool to make ripping resources from games easier. I believe there's an 8.0/8.1 decompiler floating around somewhere, but I don't think there's a Studio one that's publicly available.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The Studio Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »
Making fangames is an arduous mountain to climb, but I'm sure you will be able to muster the will to read a few pages of text about basic coding. I have faith.

Really though, it's not that complicated. Klazen does a good job explaining stuff.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:38:58 PM »
You did something that's causing the global difficulty variable to not get set properly when the game starts/loads.

Game Design / Re: GM Studio Pros and Cons
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:15:53 PM »
        • Manipulating files is annoying due to sandboxing

If anyone has a solution that lets you store your game's save files in the same directory as the application so that when the application is deleted the files don't linger on in the user's documents folder that would be appreciated.

https://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=567528 will let you do what you want. You just have to make sure to change the already-existing save code to be directed to the proper directory using it.

Since you haven't provided any code, I can only speculate that the problems is being caused by the indexes used for most secrets starting at 0, and your count starting at 1. You should really provide code when asking a question like this though.

Game Design / Re: Crow Once, Praise Twice
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:08:36 PM »
In terms of one of my own games, I'm still really happy with I Wanna Usurp the Celestial Jump's secret area. It's what gave me the idea for REDACTED, and it's also one of the two examples of a secret area I've made that's more easter-egg than mandatory thing to find. I hope to see other people do stuff like that in the future.

Seen some good things in other games lately too! I really appreciated the transition screens in I Wanna Run the Marathon. They're really well-made visually, and I think the use of transition screens is really underrated just in terms of giving a player a break from STUFF going on. This is especially true with the huge variety of different stuff going on in the game, which I appreciate watching a lot (even though I've still failed to actually play it.)

I also really liked the entire concept behind I Wanna Go the Jungle Adventure. I hate vines themselves in all forms, but seeing a bunch of variations on them was super interesting, and I'd love to see more versions of the same idea! The music choices in the game were also spot-on.

Game Design / Re: Need experience guys to test out this engine.
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:30:04 PM »
You really don't need to play these games to make them.

The Lounge / Re: Full Fangame Maps
« on: July 01, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »
I made one for REDACTED because I'm self-indulgent: https://i.imgur.com/c3rMg4O.jpg

Left out secrets, ending screens, and some superfluous stuff and it still took like an hour and a half. I don't feel very compelled to do it again.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20