Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - lawatson

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Video Discussion / Re: Unpatched Marchen platforming
« on: October 16, 2016, 03:27:55 PM »
I think Ataosama cleared the unpatched version as well, so congrats to you both! There's probably still more. Have fun with the boss.

Meet and Greet! / Re: sup.
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:38:12 PM »
Welcome to the community! You can talk about whatever, check unread a lot, and read the rules. Everyone here has their own interests, so here's some general suggestions:

--Needle: Stinkycheeseone890, IPECACMAN, JGBMaster, infern0man1

--Avoidance: Normal, Plynq, DestinationMystery (sometimes)

--Random: TheNewGeezer, pretty much anyone who does fangame streaks

--Gamemaking: Patrickgh3, TheNewGeezer (rarely), Sudnep

Of course I can't remember everything, but you can know more by just hanging out in people's twitch chats. Play what you like, get better over time, and have fun!

hungryInf -infern0

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
I would suggest telling us more about what you think of IWBTG Fangames and stuff that you like, but that's good enough. Welcome to the community! Feel free to talk about whatever you want when you want to.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hey! I'm Some_Streamer, nice to meet you!
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:13:14 PM »
Hello! Welcome to the IWBTG Forum! I hope you enjoy your stay and click "Unread" a lot. Jokes aside, I hope you have fun playing fangames and hanging around with the people who play and stream these games.

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello +gif
« on: August 03, 2016, 02:11:21 AM »
Welcome to fangames! Persistent blood can be cool, but I suggest that you also make it remove particles when there's too many onscreen (by means of spamming deaths) or having it just disappear automatically over a pretty long while. They CAN take up resources. I'm sure the nice people in the discord can help you out a bit with either of those, though. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Programming Questions / Re: Little Spike Thing question
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
Holy mother of typos I think I'm about to give myself an aneurysm looking at some of the typos and missed parts of code.

First, use this create event instead for spikes:
Downward spikes:

tY=y-32;
tX=x;

Upward spikes:
tY=y+32;
tX=x;

Leftward spikes:
tY=y;
tX=x+32;

Rightward spikes:
tY=y;
tX=x-32

Next up, to fix the held-down thing, change the keyboard_check_direct to keyboard_check_pressed. I am actually not sure how it works out, though. You see why all these errors come up because I don't actually test code which I write for other people ;;

« on: July 15, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »
Shite! I always forget that people don't have the lerp function for some reason. I wonder why.

Anyways, just make a script called "lerp" I suppose, and put this in it:

return (argument0+(argument1*argument2)-(argument0*argument2));

« on: July 14, 2016, 09:01:19 PM »
So, being the logical but not entirely efficient coder I am, I compiled this little sinewave-based object according to what I assumed your demand is (jump-enabled in and out spikes). The code is here: (pre-hotfix please look down)  https://pastebin.com/8v18zg58

The downfall as far as I can tell is that it doesn't properly transition if you jump fast enough, but it should never "break" or throw an error by any means. I'll get working on a better version, though. Tell me how you like the one I showed.

Edit: If they aren't going in and out fast enough to your liking, go to the sineAngle code and change the "+4" to a higher number, preferably between 10 and 15.

EditEdit: If you're using studio, there's gonna be some variable-related errors. If that happens, put in the Create Event as follows:

transitioning=0;
way=0;
sineAngle=0;

And that should be it..?

EditEditEditings!!!EditSuperEditVersionCyberHitBoxEdition:

I suppose I really should get better at actually thinking about what my stuff does. Okay, so set "way=1" in the creation CODE of spikes that are on the second wave of jumping, and copy THIS hotfix code instead: https://pastebin.com/a0LmTW3q

Video Games / Super Cat Planet!
« on: July 11, 2016, 04:30:49 PM »
I've been getting bored lately, and thusly I decided to bring attention to a game series that I actually find particularly fun to stream! The game is Cat Planet alongside its unofficial sequel, Super Cat Planet. Basically, it's an exploration game where you collect all the cats. The graphics, although minimal, are fitting and nice, and the pixel-music isn't half bad either. It's fun both to play casually and blindly and to speedrun. It's actually surprisingly hard getting a decent time with the routing and all.

For starters, I actually suggest you watch raocow's legendary let's play of this game. He's a run-of-the-mill canadian let's player of ROMhacks with a hilarious voice and enthusiastic commentary.

(click to show/hide)

Next up, you can get the game for absolutely free at ludum dare! party like it's 1599! Also, it's made in gamemaker, wow! https://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-16/?action=preview&uid=1081

Finally, after you've enjoyed the old one to an extent to an extent to an extent, download and play the biggest fan sequel out there right now, Super Cat Planet! It's a lot bigger and quite possibly one of the best things possible if you're a guy who digs exploration, and the difficulty is decent too. I would absolutely recommend a blind playthrough and even a stream to lighten up the mood. Also made in gamemaker (studio this time!), you can get it at raocow's forums. https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16025&sid=d83a803fd7eb10e76c9c1d6500a07edf

That concludes the cat planet booster package, so please consider playing it!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Roulette Streaks
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »
I'd personally think that since that's basically on par with "rolling a really easy game", it should count as adding to your streak.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:34:09 PM »
bloody hell, when did that happen. fixed it

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
way way WAYYYYYYY harder than it looks (I Wanna Be The Sakura)

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be the Engine KS Edition (For GMStudio)
« on: June 14, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »
Just an addition: If you duplicate an object, it'll have all the events set to happen in the object it was duplicated from (Which obviously is not a good idea since that means that most likely variables won't be read even if you set them). You can fix this at a moment's notice by changing the object that the code runs (Top right of the code screen).

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2016 Wrap-Up/Future Considerations
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:04:25 PM »
There is also the development of a highlight reel for this marathon, which will include your favorite events - from awe-inspiring to downright hilarious. This will also be available on YouTube in the near future.

down right UP hilarious

Anyways, thanks for hosting this cool event! I had a fun time playing a stupid hard game and watching others do the same. It was a pretty damn enjoyable event. I do look forward to the next year.

Game Design / Re: Colorize black, white or gray sprites
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
If you don't have paint.net, an alternative is actually the Intensity tool in gamemaker. It sets both value and saturation, so same value and max saturation should do the trick.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25