Author Topic: I wanna be the Co-op 1.69 Extra Patch  (Read 45531 times)

NeZoX

• Wannabe
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 49.0.2623.110 Chrome 49.0.2623.110
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
Re: I wanna be the Co-op v1.9 full version + standalone .exe
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »
Where can I download standalone version? What is it?

Nemega

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.102 Chrome 50.0.2661.102
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2016, 01:52:14 PM »
The standalone version is an executable that can be run on your computer. A windows, linux and mac version is available at the following url: https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/

NeZoX

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 49.0.2623.110 Chrome 49.0.2623.110
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2016, 02:06:14 PM »
Will the game continue to develop? Can it be compared with Boshi, or become better than him? Just such wonderful i wanna very little. Thank you for understanding

L4Vo5

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
Oh, "M" worked! Thanks!
I have to admit, i still haven't beaten IWBTG

LMT

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2016, 07:11:07 AM »
Nemega, dude. This is hands down the most fun I've had in all of my years of (fairly casual) I Wanna-fangaming. Playing through with a friend at the moment, and spreading the word about this amazing project.

I absolutely love the way the game looks, sounds and feels. The production value is above top notch, and it's just super fun to play it with a friend. First and second bosses had us laughing for hours, and they just feel fucking gorgeous to play.

I'm personally hoping that you won't stop this project for a while, and that we'll see new stages, bosses and content at some point in time.

Here's to you!

Nemega

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »
Thank you so much for this kind message LMT. I don't say it enough, I put countless hours of my free time into making this game. I don't gain anything from it but I think every game maker of this community will agree with me: your message is for us a big reward and the main reason we make these games. We want players to enjoy playing and we want the community to grow stronger and stronger. Making high quality fangames is a big step towards this goal. I will try to promote this game as far as I can and counting on you guys to help me motivates me a lot to produce more content.

patrickgh3

• Spike Dodger
  • stay optimistic! :D
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 05:55:54 PM »
I agree, you did a phenomenal job with Co-op. It's good to keep in mind that, with fangames especially, a lot of feedback never makes its way back to you. So you should keep in mind the big number of people that enjoyed your game but didn't give you feedback personally. Keeping that in mind gives me a lot more satisfaction and motivation to make games. So yeah, great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job great job!

Nemega

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op full version 1.11 + standalone .exe
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2016, 01:22:26 PM »
Thanks a lot Patrick. As we love watching you guys play and reading your feedbacks, you must not forget that we also make games that we would enjoy playing as well. I had a blast making IWBTCo-op and what you saw in this game is what I like to see in a fangame. This style of platforming and this style of boss fights characterize my playstyle. I know that some people dislike bosses design in Co-op and I can understand it very well. While I can't please everybody obviously, you know now that when a choice has to be made I try to please the majority but I also add my own opinion to take the final decision.

Anyways, I will be streaming next monday (June 6) at 9:00PM CEST / 12AM PDT. Get hyped for a show full of surprises !
(click to show/hide)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: So the stream was a huge success. A lot of people showed up, thank you very much ! If you have missed it, you can watch the vod here on Twitch. It was divided into 2 parts: First, we played Co-op on the new 1.21 version. Then I tried my new multiplayer engine by doing a big stress test with the people on discord. We were able to play with 13 players at the same time ! It was so messy it was hilarious. We had a lot fun ! The future is looking bright guys. Be prepared for more multiplayer stuff coming out for my next project.

I Wanna Be The Co-op 1.21 aka Shimakaze patch:
- NEW: Secret Boss 3: If you have already collected the 3rd secret item, you just have to beat the 3rd boss to fight the new secret boss.
- NERF: Stage 1: "Escalator Room" now requires one less block to climb up to the top.
- NERF: Boss 3: More time between Rings attack and the next one.
- BUFF: Final Boss: The black hole now sucks you in.
- CHANGE: A lot of cheese strats are not possible to do anymore.

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/ (Again, if you are updating the browser version, just wait until the game automatically refreshes itself)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:59:01 AM by Nemega »

LMT

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op full version 1.21 + standalone .exe
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2016, 06:48:47 PM »
Glorious stuff. Had a blast watching on my tablet. :-)

Nemega

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op full version 1.21 + standalone .exe
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:50 AM »
In response to Shark's tweet (main speedrunner of the game) about the recent patch fixing some cheese strats him and Frayzlo used during their speedrun:

(click to show/hide)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Small update ! It also means that the game has reached a stable state, which is great. I am still monitoring the Secret Boss 3 so these changes are not set in stone.

I Wanna Be The Co-op 1.22:
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 1-1 on hard should not wall you anymore.
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 2-1 bullets move slower.
- BUFF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 1-2 (more bullets)
- BUFF: Secret Boss 3: Phase 3-2 (yellow barrage now leaves a trail)
- BUGFIX: Boss 3: Phase 1 Dash sparks animation should no kill you anymore if you stand still between 2 of them.
- BUGFIX: Extra Area: Springs should not get the player stuck anymore.
- BUGFIX: Switches should not glitch out anymore (they could stay pushed down).

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 02:02:37 PM by Nemega »

Nickless

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.103 Chrome 51.0.2704.103
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op full version 1.22 + standalone .exe
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 01:53:02 PM »
Guys, what about save files? Where can I find them? I wanna make a backup.

Nemega

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op full version 1.22 + standalone .exe
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2016, 05:27:56 AM »
Hey Nickless, it depends on whether you are using the standalone or the webapp.

For the standalone: it's a folder in User/YourName/AppData/Local
For the webapp: you will need an extension to extract the localstorage (for instance HTML5 Storage Manager All In One)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright the time has come ! This is the biggest patch since 1.0 and it is bringing a lot of changes.

* Final Stage !
As you may have guessed, a final stage has been added and it is a huge one. Content wise, it represents more than 30

rooms which is about twice the length of any other stage on average. Your first playthrough on normal  will probably

take you 1.5 to 3 hours. You can access the final stage after you complete stage 3. The final stage boss is

Dimentio.

* Stages reorganisation !
The portal room is now unlocked after you beat the game. It means that you can fight dimentio without getting the

secrets (even on easy !). Now the secrets will only gain you access to the secret skin which leads to the secret

area. You can now fight the secret bosses directly from the portal room.
100% playthrough (medium/hard) -> Stage 1 -> Secret Boss 1 -> Stage 2 -> Secret Boss 2 -> Stage 3 -> Secret Boss 3

-> Final Stage -> Extra -> Credits
100% playthrough (easy) -> Stage 1 -> Stage 2 -> Stage 3 -> Final Stage -> Credits

* New physics !
They were already very close to the gamemaker engines, they should now feel even closer. Gravity has been increased,

1st jump nerfed but double jump buffed. The differences are still: no platform jump, 4.5 jump possible, acceleration

not instantaneous, higher low jumps.

Let's take a closer look at patch 1.50:
- NEW: Final Stage
- NEW: Portal room is bigger
- NEW: You can press Enter to join a room after you typed the password
- NERF: Secret Boss 3: phase 2-1 -> more time between 2 dashes + 1 sec warning
- NERF: Stage 2: Black & White room -> removed the 4.5 jump
- NERF: Boss 1 (easy): Final phase is easier
- NERF: EXtra area: spike hell screen
- CHANGE: Player physics
- CHANGE: Performances increase

----------------------------------------------

So the time has come to finally move on to the next project. This final version 1.58 is probably the last. I've been making this game for more than 1 year and I am very satisfied with the outcome. Next project I'll try even harder to push the limits of what a fangame can accomplish. Thank you very much for all the support ! From now on my main objective is to promote this game to a larger audience and bring some fresh blood into this awesome community.

So from 1.50 to 1.58, let's see what has changed !
- NEW: Boss 3 will now try to synch with the other player at the end of an attack before starting another one
- NERF: Overall a lot of minor nerfs on Stage 3 and 4
- NERF:  Stage 4-2: Synched platforms screen -> Bats recharging time up from 2.0sec to 2.5 sec
- CHANGE: Stage 3 Special Area: Scrolling background
- CHANGE: Stage 4-3: Scrolling grid ! (The technology is finally here !)
- CHANGE: Secret Boss 3: Phase 3-2 -> The trail now plays a sound and has a glow effect
- BUGFIX: Sometimes on a Secret Boss when restarting you could get back to the previous Boss

----------------------------------------------

So v1.62 is bringing 2 changes:

- Game modes renamed (no actual gameplay modification):

* Easy -> Medium
* Medium -> Hard (intended difficulty)
* Hard -> Master

It sounds like a weird thing to do but because I have seen far too may people playing this game as their first fangame on Medium difficulty (and getting obliterated on the very first screens), I had to make them realize that this is not an easy game. So even if these new difficulties are probably wrong from an advanced fangame player perspective, new players will actually reconsider their choices.

- Secret Boss 3 nerfs:

* Phase 1-1: More delay between 2 walls
* Phase 2-2: More delay between 2 kicks
* Phase 3-1: Rensouhou-chan slightly slower

Let's all admit it, this boss sometimes was considered harder than the final boss himself because of the RNG festival. Such a design is obviously wrong so here comes the nerf hammer.

Mac and Linux versions are also up to date.

https://futuroueb.free.fr/IWBTC
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:03:48 PM by Nemega »

Halcyon

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Chrome 53.0.2785.116
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the Co-op 1.62 Final Stage + standalone .exe
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
Hello, kind of late to the party but two players doesn't seem to work anymore.  Single player seems to work perfectly fine but the two players menu closes immediately once it opens up.  It's happening to my friend too so I don't think it's just me.  Is the server down for maintenance or something?

elraimon2000

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.116 Chrome 53.0.2785.116
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »
Hello, kind of late to the party but two players doesn't seem to work anymore.  Single player seems to work perfectly fine but the two players menu closes immediately once it opens up.  It's happening to my friend too so I don't think it's just me.  Is the server down for maintenance or something?
I spoke with the creator earlier and he says that that's just due to the servers being down and that it will fix itself eventually. I wanted to play today too but it has been down all day :(

Joni

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.99 Chrome 54.0.2840.99
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »
So I just finished my first playthrough on what is now called Medium. I started playing this game on the webclient but for reasons I switched to the standalone version. Since I played on medium on the webclient, I figured medium was still medium... So the renaming kind of backfired for me, since obv. a lot of the game was a bit easy for me. On the other hand I guess my mate wouldve gotten a bit more frustrated had we played on a normal difficulty level right away. =)

I really thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will start a run on hard next week. I guess I'll post a real review after I've seen the secret content. :>

Anyway thank you for all the time and effort you put into making this game. It really shows.