Author Topic: I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2  (Read 2354 times)

ShadowsDieAway

• Spike Dodger
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 61.0.3163.100 Chrome 61.0.3163.100
    • View Profile
I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »
Hey everyone. The Fangame Marathon 2017 Needle Maker event levels have been made into a full game: I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2!

Version 1.02 was released on December 10 at 2:56PM EST
Version 1.01 was released on December 3 at 5:37PM EST

In addition to the original 16 levels each gamemaker made (slightly tweaked for balance etc), there is also a slightly harder Remix Mode where I transformed each level while keeping the style of each individual gamemaker! Find the secrets in remix mode to unlock Piece's meme maps  :denProgress:

Shoutout to Patrickgh3 for the usual Needle Maker series programming including the transitions and other bug fixing.

I hope you all enjoy the game! If you have any issues please post them here and I'll fix them ASAP.

Game Link: https://delicious-fruit.com/ratings/game_details.php?id=19226

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 02:56:39 PM by ShadowsDieAway »

ShadowsDieAway

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 62.0.3202.94 Chrome 62.0.3202.94
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:39:40 PM »
Version 1.01 has been released. Please note that if you are in the middle of playing the remix maps you'll need to reset your game from the beginning if you were going for all secret items as there are now 16, one in each map.

Here are the patch notes:

Added secrets to all levels (instead of just the 8 final), reworked rooms slightly to account for them
Made some secrets slightly easier to notice
Wolfie3o - removed slight corner skip on final save
Wolfie4o - nerfed a few jumps very slightly
Alex4o - nerfed jump 3 slightly
Cheese4o - nerfed top-right vine jump slightly
Kady3r - nerfed save 2’s water drop, final save’s 1st drop nerfed slightly and final jump changed
Alex3r - removed save 2 and nerfed to balance, slightly (old) save 3 jumps slightly, nerfed final save final jumps slightly
Alex4r - moved secret into view more, making it also easier to get, buffed a few of the save 3 jump refreshers
Kady4r - nerfed final jump slightly
Piece4r - removed save 2, nerfed a few jumps here and there to balance, nerfed final platform jump slightly
Fixed vine issue on meme maps

SurrealolTV

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Evielaetv
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:13:02 AM »
if you delete all screens of Alexa, then this will be the best update of the game. :atkHappy:

ShadowsDieAway

• Spike Dodger
  • iOS 11.1.1 iOS 11.1.1
  • Browser:
  • Safari 11.0 Safari 11.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:37:33 AM »
if you delete all screens of Alexa, then this will be the best update of the game. :atkHappy:

That wouldn’t be fair to him, it’s a hard thing to create rooms during a marathon under pressure and knowing there’s a thousand people watching you. He earned his spot.

In any case I watched your VOD and you played the original version, not 1.01 which does help balance things and fix some of the issues in the maps (and more).

SurrealolTV

• Wannabe
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84 Chrome 63.0.3239.84
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Evielaetv
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:37:33 AM »
That wouldn’t be fair to him, it’s a hard thing to create rooms during a marathon under pressure and knowing there’s a thousand people watching you. He earned his spot.

The conditions were known to him, that some time was given for the creation and that other people would also be aware of what the broadcast would be watching. It's just stupid to say now that someone could not because of the fact that he did not have time or was nervous.

Yes, but why do this, if you can not think of something, just why then participate. This I can not understand, if I can not do something, I do not do it, so it does not look very bad.

He has two other good games, I just expressed my opinion that he can not make games in a format such as I Wanna Make the Marathon Needle 2. I think many would agree with me.

There is no description for the game, I'm talking about the readme file, it simply does not exist. I could not have known that something had been fixed there, I just chose the original version of the game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 03:45:44 AM by SurrealolTV »

ShadowsDieAway

• Spike Dodger
  • Mac OS X 10.12.6 Mac OS X 10.12.6
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 63.0.3239.84 Chrome 63.0.3239.84
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
Sorry, but preparation and performing are two completely different things. You can't account for stage fright, anxiety, nerves, etc. until you experience it first to know it will happen, which makes it a catch-22: once you've experienced it you can make a decision for the next time, but you can't decide before you even know it will happen.

As far as the readme goes, I mistakenly forgot to include it in the original release but then included it shortly after, and I posted here when I made the update to V1.01. This was all well before it even appeared on del-fruit when many people find out about new games, and I included a readme excerpt as a pinned review once appeared there.

All in all this was a fun event that everyone enjoyed watching during the marathon! It helped viewers, both a part of the community and maybe those looking to join gain some insights into what goes into creating maps in a fun setting (including the twist), and I wanted to let people also enjoy the maps these four gamemakers made in that time.

ShadowsDieAway

• Spike Dodger
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
Version 1.02 has been released. Here are the patch notes:

r1cheese (both) - slight nerf final jumps
r1kady_original - save 1 slight nerfs
r1kady - added an extra save and rebalanced