Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - L4Vo5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna come up with a name
« on: March 12, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »
What does the orb of speed do? just got it and i'm curious

i THINK this is what you want. Tough this doesn't use the direction so if you truly need that i think there's a simple way to calculate it.
Also make sure to not start the instance at centerx and centery or it will be destroyed (making it 0.00001 pixels away should do)

create event:
spd = 2 //set to negative to move clockwise
move = 10 //ammount of pixels moved per revolution, negative value means that it moves inwards
len= distance_to_point(centerx,centery)
dir = point_direction(centerx,centery,x,y)

step event :
if len <= 0 instance_destroy()
chng = 360*(spd/(len*pi))
dir += chng
len += move/(360/chng)
x = centerx+lengthdir_x(len,dir)
y = centery+lengthdir_y(len,dir)

You can always just delete all unrevealed invisible blocks if the player dies
On player death event:
with (insert invisible blocks name here) if visible = 0 instance_destroy()

if you have various invisible block objects, make a parent for them and just refer to the parent in the code above

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna come up with a name
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »
Game is updated to version 1.1:

* Boss phase 1 changed
* Stage 5 visuals changed
* Bug fixes

Download: httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/vb69lcjg33a4et5/I%20wanna%20come%20up%20with%20a%20name.rar?dl=0
You probably should replace the original link with this. Now i won't download the new version to not lose my progress even tough i downloaded the old one today

Programming Questions / Re: Small problem about gravity (yuutu engine)
« on: March 12, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »
Video is not avaiable. But if it just doesn't teleport you can just put whatever object puts your gravity to normal and it should work. Otherwise you'll have to change the code

Programming Questions / Re: Bullets and invisible blocks problem
« on: March 12, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
Locate the collission event that destroys the bullet. Just putting "if other.visible = 1" before the "instance_destroy()" should work. Otherwise it might be a problem with the exact code. In that case you should paste the code here so we can (maybe) see the problem

How does it mess with the physics? i'm making a game (not using any engine) and this sounds kinda worrying.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Citadel 1.095(06/29/2015)
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »
Unless i'm missing something. 5th boss's first attack is completely rng dependant

Game Design / Re: Searching for people who would like to help in my project
« on: February 12, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
Well, a "small" project = a short game. But you can maybe introduce one or two original and cool mechanics there! Perhaps you can then reuse and fully explore them in your next game

Game Design / Re: Flexible moving platform
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:33:57 PM »
Sorry if that's what it looked like
I can't reveal the code because it's like 3 different pieces scatered around the other code i have, so i described the exact strategy i used because it's pretty flexible since you can move the platform wherever you want while using it
In fact, now i'll try to fix the glitch i was talking about, then see how i can manage to post a more complete reply

Game Design / Re: Flexible moving platform
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:52:42 PM »
I actually made platforms in the game i'm working on by storing the relative position of the kid to the platform and then teleporting him there every frame (before he moves) and calculating the relative position again (after he moves, so he won't just be stuck there). I also made the kid store the platform he is standing in to avoid problems when having many platforms in one position. You think exactly how to apply those things
I won't give exact code but that should work flawlessly with paths and everything

(actually, there is a little bug in the specific way i made it and i'm too lazy to fix it right now because i won't use platforms just yet)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]