Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - L4Vo5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: I'm stuck at Solgryn boss from k2
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:53:54 AM »
I created a pretty consistent strategy:
When they're slow, make sure to start at about the first block (counting from left to right) from the right platform (you have to be on the lower 2 platforms) when the first cherry explodes. And when you go right fall down a little then double jump back to the left, DON'T go to the left platform, just drop again and to the right. Repeat until the fast phase starts (I know it sounds hard but it's not really. The only tricky part is starting right)

On the fast part: In this part, you're gonna have to use both platforms (just let yourself fall in the gap and then double jump, like everyone else does). but DO NOT turn when you get to the edge. Pick any big cherry that is coming from above, and change your direction about half or 1/3rd (haven't really counted) of a second after it explodes. Make sure to pick one that's gonna explode BEFORE you fall off the edge and die.

Here's a vid, it even includes last phase skip :D
youtu.be/VvWaqSbBKGM?t=192

Programming Questions / Re: Spotlight Effects From Kill The Guy?
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
I tought about making a surface where everything is black (with low alpha if you want) and somehow making whole sections (the sections where the light would be on) be removed, but i don't know if you can really remove sections like that (maybe with shaders?)

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello everyone !!
« on: April 05, 2016, 05:53:34 PM »
Welcome!!
How far are you in Crimson?

tip : When debugging, you should probably lower the process priority of the game or something, to simulate computers worse than yours

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »
Flandre Scarlet in Kamilia 3
Damn the RNG.
Got pretty close tho, doesn't seem that bad

Game Design / Re: 16:9 resolution
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:32:31 AM »
I could see this causing problems to streamers if they don't have a giant screen tho. They put the chat at the side but it might not fit

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Easy cancel-jumping
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:38:44 PM »
Oh my god it also works with shooting instead of pressing right!!!!
Now that it works on every direction, my needle life will be much easier than it probably should :D

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Easy cancel-jumping
« on: March 24, 2016, 06:13:52 PM »
Sorry, i meant yuuutu engine, i don't know what i was thinking D:
I don't think it has anything to do with Rshift and Lshift because for me it works with both (starting with left or starting with right doesn't make a difference).
It could be the keyboard thing tho. I was thinking that maybe it has to do with that weird thing that makes you unable to press too many keys at once. In fangames where i have "jump" set to Z i can't jump, shoot and go right at the same time, but i CAN jump, shoot and go LEFT at the same time (tough i don't know if that has anything to do with the keyboard or if it's a software limitation)

Gameplay & Discussion / Easy cancel-jumping
« on: March 24, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
I don't know if this was known (If it wasn't.. Yay!!. If it was, probably not everyone knows, so i hope it helps), but i just discovered a really easy way to cancel jump in certain situations.
Apparently it works at least with fangames that use the yuuutu engine (wich is a whole lot anyways).
It only works when you're going right (or probably left if the fangame "prefers" that direction), what you have to do is:
1.Press shift
2.Start going right
3.Press the other shift
4.Relase the first shift you pressed
5.Success!
You can wait as much as you want between steps, so it's not at all frame-perfect :D.

PS: In the subject of cancel-jumping, anyone here knows exactly how and why they work?

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Zurais strat guide
« on: March 20, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
Thank for this guide :OO it actually really helped me
Any tips for figuring out how to do jumps that are not in this guide?

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Stuck in Not Another Magic Tower Game.
« on: March 18, 2016, 05:42:54 AM »
I think 2 screens before there was an option between blue and orange, and i went with blue because it was closer to the save (i regretted it even before getting stuck tough, because if i wanted to backtrack to that area i HAD to use the orange anyways, but i had already saved)

In the future, i better use that really cool-looking backup system
Thanks for the tutorial btw.

Gameplay & Discussion / Stuck in Not Another Magic Tower Game.
« on: March 17, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »
First time i play this game. So far it's pretty good. BUT now i'm stuck!
What do i do?? i've tought of using cheats but that can't be the only way to do it, that would mean you're not supposed to get the ending first-try wich i don't think is a good idea.
As i see it, i was supposed to kill that red monster cherry on the right, but went down and saved instead. Is there any solution???

General Games / Re: I ban you because...
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:19:31 PM »
Banned for complaining about people who cast zombies

If you want direction, change

x = centerx+lengthdir_x(len,dir)
y = centery+lengthdir_y(len,dir)

to

direction = point_direction(x,y,centerx+lengthdir_x(len,dir),centery+lengthdir_y(len,dir))

And make sure to change spd to speed anywhere that it's used

Game Design / Re: Flexible moving platform
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
Sorry for the late reply. Haven't checked this forum in weeks
Ok. Didn't fix the bug/glitch but it probably won't give you much trouble anyways(sometimes you don't ride the platform if you fall right on the edge, and if you get to the platform and move to the edge you will stop riding it as soon as it bounces off a block. Hopefully that only happens because of the way i made the rest of the code tough)
Everything in the code is in the kid, except for this in the platform creation code:
hspd=0
vspd=0 //these values are here so that they are declared and don't cause trouble later

kid create event :
plat = 0
platdist[1] = 0 //platdist[0] = x and platdist[1] = y. The distance to the platform being used
platC = 0 //confirmation that you have been at least 1 step on a platform
hsped2 = 0
vsped2 = 0

kid step event:

Before the code for moving left/rigth:

//platforms
//moving platforms
with (obj_Platform) {
x+=hspd
y+=vspd
bounce(SolidObj) //this is the code i need for now. But in here you should do whatever you want to do to make the platforms move. I do it here because i need them to move now and not later
}
//moving to a position relative to the platform being used (plat)

if plat >1{
if platC = 1{
hsped2 = (plat.x+platdist[0]-x)
vsped2 = (plat.y+platdist[1]-y)
}
platC = 1
} else {platdist[0] = 0;platdist[1] = 0;platC = 0;hsped2=0;vsped2=0}
//platforms

anywhere in between this and the next code:
if vsped2 !=0{
if vsped2 >0 move_contact_solid(direction+270,vsped2)
else move_contact_solid(direction+90,-vsped2)
}
if hsped2 !=0{
if hsped2 >0 move_contact_solid(direction,hsped2)
else move_contact_solid(direction+180,-hsped2)
}

after the last code and after the left/right movement code:
//platforms
if plat >1{
platdist[0] = x - plat.x
platdist[1] = y - plat.y
vsped = 0}
//platforms

I think that's all. Hope it's useful

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6