Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - WetWookie

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
It looks like that line will crash any time your hspeed is zero.

Engines / Re: I Wanna Be The GMS2 Engine YoYoYo Edition
« on: February 02, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
If you draw the FPS to the screen, what number gets displayed?

Added Jason's Journey

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Blue Fruit!
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:27:23 AM »
Thanks for putting this together.

Has there been any communication with the Eastern community? Are makers going to have to submit to both blue and this ibbs site to reach the widest audience? It would be awesome if we could get everyone using a single site.

Version 1.1 which includes many performance and bug fixes is now live.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qn2rk7hg36274si/IWWTW+Ver+1.1.zip

Game Design / Experimental Engine Change - Easy Mode
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:56:20 PM »
I've been toying with the idea of a sort of universal beginner mode that a maker could just slap into pretty much any game and have a functioning meaningful easy mode for players new to fangames.

There are two aspects to easy mode; ledge forgiveness and player killer forgiveness.

Ledge forgiveness allows the player to retain both jumps for a few frames after walking off a ledge. For example if the player has 7 frames of ledge forgiveness then they can walk off a block and if they jump in the next 7 frames it will count as jump #1 after which they can still double jump.

Player killer forgiveness means that the player will only die if they are in contact with a player killer for a few frames in a row. For example if the player has 3 frames for pk forgiveness then they will die if they touch a player killer for four frames in a row.

I have a demo for you all to play around with and give feedback on whether you think these are valuable features.
httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/09i7bg3oec3llbk/EasyMode.zip?dl=0

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:07:03 AM »
Would it be possible to add the median rating and difficulty on a game's page alongside the current averages?

Programming Questions / Re: Sound Effects have a slight delay (Latency?)
« on: September 22, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »
Does the shoot sound effect sound responsive in your game?

Programming Questions / Re: Sound Effects have a slight delay (Latency?)
« on: September 21, 2017, 09:01:20 AM »
Open the sound file in Audacity and make sure there is no silence at the beginning.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Delicious-Fruit.com!
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
The front page of del fruit lists the newest 10 games. For quite some time now the wiki guy has been waiting many days between approvals so there are often more than 10 new games at a time. This means that some games never get a chance to sit on the front page. Could we expand the list to the newest 20 games?

httpss://dl.orangedox.com/BzaeIu2hgcbPlTZYwd

Learn how I did the thing.
Add the thing to a medley.
Cheat past a hard screen.
Have fun.

There's an animation end event. I think you can just set the image_speed to 0 in it.

Well it looks pretty good so far. The aesthetics and production are nice.

User-Made Creations / Re: (WIP) I Wanna Defy the Director
« on: April 03, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
We should have an adoption program where stalled games can be handed off to another developer. :thinking:

Game Design / Seamless blocks
« on: February 08, 2017, 01:41:30 PM »

Object Code

Create the above object, give it a sprite of the texture you want and stick it off screen on the room you want skinned. I use textures twice as big as the room and scale it at runtime so it looks nice in full screen. Play around with the scaling in the create event if you're going to use a different size texture. There's also code in the create event to skin your spikes. You can remove it if you want or if you decide to keep it in your sprite image should be a 4 frame animation in order Spike Up, Spike Right, Spike Down, Spike Left.

Notes and limitations...
As the object is coded now it creates the surface once and redraws it so if you have moving blocks you'll need to modify it to draw up the surface every time.
The object assumes that blocks will be placed on a 16 (or 32) pixel grid placing adjacent blocks offset by something else, like 8 pixels, will result in the outline being weird.
Also, gamemaker has rounding errors if you resize blocks more than once so if your outline sticks out into empty space it means the block has a resizing error and should be deleted and replaced or resized back down to 32x32 and then resized

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6