Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - WetWookie

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: How am I supposed to pass this screen?
« on: June 17, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »
Wall jump off the vines?

Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: May 27, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Fake blocks improved\bug fixed
Stage 3 added
Rough draft of Boss 3 added
Soundtrack replaced (each room has its own song now)
httpss://www.mediafire.com/?366p0kaa6tg6cci

« on: May 15, 2015, 01:11:32 PM »
Room 2 gutted and replaced.
Troublesome screen transitions tweaked.
First boss tweaked
Credit screen added

« on: May 09, 2015, 10:28:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Personally I like the 3rd screen but I can understand not liking the 2nd and I'll give some thought into how I can make it work better.

I can give the boss a shorter invincibility period instead of based on attack. Was the length of the fight the only thing that bothered you about it?

Save jumping was not intended and I'll add a save blocker there. Jumping over the block with the two spikes is the easiest (though still tight) intended way there though jumping under should also be possible.

« on: May 09, 2015, 08:25:26 PM »
Big update: The game is a lot longer now with 4 rooms (+1 secret) before the first boss followed by 4 more rooms and a 2nd boss. The secret room contains an item that changes the player skin and gives the player a bullet time ability and a butt slam (dodge) ability.

There are some development/testing tools left in this build if you choose to use them. The 1 key will move you to the previous room. The 2 key will move you to the next room. (exceptions to the 1 and 2 keys are the prologue, secret room and the room after the last boss) The G key will give you god mode. The H key will create a save at your current position. Right clicking your mouse will teleport you to your cursor. WARNING. Be careful using save anywhere and teleport. This game uses triggers to open and close up paths. Bypassing these triggers by teleporting past or saving and loading past these triggers will affect your game play experience.

I recommend not using your old control and save files if you played the first release.

Feedback welcome!

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2015 *READY SET GO!*
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:04:18 AM »
6) At least two distinct gimmicks must be employed, NOT including the following:
- Increased/decreased speed

I'm thinking of giving the player the ability to activate 'bullet time' for a limited time once per room. Would this count as an acceptable gimmick since it's not just setting the speed on the room as a room element and is instead used consciously by the player as a strategic element?

« on: April 30, 2015, 01:40:01 PM »
7) Include at least one collectible item that serves some purpose (not just for the sake of being collected.)

By serves some purpose do you mean that it must be collected (ie. Get the hammer collectable to be able to break blocks that prevent you from finishing the game) or could it be something optional but allows for slightly different game play (ie. If you have it you can rewind one death per room) or could it be something like a skin change for the kid?

« on: April 26, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »
I intend to submit a game.

« on: March 31, 2015, 07:08:18 AM »
I am fine with going back and fixing earlier portions of the game as I learn.

« on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:55 PM »
I'm looking for feedback on what I've made so far so I can correct them and avoid the same mistakes going forward. A list of things that you did or did not like would be much more helpful then telling me to stop making this game and get better at making games by making a different game first.

« on: March 30, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
I'm not getting defensive but if the advice is 'give up because this is your first game and can't possibly make a masterpiece' then it's not helpful advice. I'm well aware that I have work to do but surely you can see the difference between Sudnep's feedback and pieceofcheese87's post.

Yes. BRex is well aware of the game and seems pretty hyped about it.

Will add a ground save on second screen.

« on: March 30, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
I'm not going to just give up... I said in the opening post that the art is already planned for replacement. I'm not intending this to be a masterpiece and you seem to forget that everyone has a first project.

I tried to avoid any tedium by switching the style of hazards. The first half of the first room is precise jumping. The second have is less precise jumping but with some avoidance thrown in. The second room is avoidance plus path finding.

If you have any more specific feedback I'd be glad to work with it.

« on: March 30, 2015, 01:15:14 PM »
Yes. I had moved the top spike into the ceiling a bit because I was unable to perform it as it was and wasn't sure if it was possible. I'll move it back for the next alpha.

« on: March 30, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
Awesome feedback.
Yes the first (and third) saves are fake troll saves. I'll add an indication that it is intentional.
Dying before saving should not take you back to the cut scene. Will look into.

Why nerf the diagonal on the first screen?
Which particular jump is that? It was probably that unnerfed I couldn't do the jump and so I wasn't sure it was possible and erred on the side of caution.

Will take advice on disappearing as opposed to simply fake blocks.

Will add some diversity to the boss to encourage player mobility and hopefully make it less boring.

Unfinished / Incomplete / I Wanna Be The Rex - Early Alpha
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:00:07 AM »
This is a game I'm making for Bananasaurus Rex, a beloved twitch speedrunner. https://www.twitch.tv/bananasaurus_rex/profile
This game is meant to be very difficult. The salt must flow!
This game is in early alpha and I'm looking for feedback on current difficulty, bugs, design, etc before I go much further.
This is my first fan game and I'm open to suggestions.
It will be helpful to me if you reply to this post with completion times and death counts for each room as well as letting me know what you like and dislike.

Update 5/9/15
Big update: The game is a lot longer now with 4 rooms (+1 secret) before the first boss followed by 4 more rooms and a 2nd boss. The secret room contains an item that changes the player skin and gives the player a bullet time ability and a butt slam (dodge) ability.

There are some development/testing tools left in this build if you choose to use them. The 1 key will move you to the previous room. The 2 key will move you to the next room. (exceptions to the 1 and 2 keys are the prologue, secret room and the room after the last boss) The G key will give you god mode. The H key will create a save at your current position. Right clicking your mouse will teleport you to your cursor. WARNING. Be careful using save anywhere and teleport. This game uses triggers to open and close up paths. Bypassing these triggers by teleporting past or saving and loading past these triggers will affect your game play experience.

Feedback welcome!

Screenshots
(click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]