Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PiranhaTooth

Pages: [1] 2 3
You'd want to create a global variable called global.godMode or something and on keyboard_check_pressed(whatever key you want godmode toggle to be) toggle it from false to true, or true to false. Then you want to go to where the player collides with objPlayerKiller and encase that code in an if-statement checking if global.godMode == false. That's the quickest and easiest way to do it.

The Lounge / Re: What happened to kamilia
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »
lol sorry to ruin your dreams but kamilia is indeed a guy

Meet and Greet! / Re: Return of an old friend...
« on: July 09, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »
W E L C O M E  B A C K  M Y  B R O T H E R

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hello!
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:05:31 PM »
Hey, welcome! You might not find many people replying to your questions here as this place is pretty dead nowadays. I can recommend you join our community Discord server where we have a #gamemaking section for all your Fangame Dev needs.

Here's a link - httpss://discord.gg/uUcG8sa

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2018 Megathread
« on: April 10, 2018, 03:11:42 AM »
You can join the discord linked in this thread and ask any of the Tech Crew members to change it for you :)

Tournaments / Re: Fangame Marathon 2018 Megathread
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:44:16 AM »
Can I change how you sign up?

¿what do you mean?

Help, Suggestions & Feedback / Re: FS_file_exists
« on: January 25, 2018, 02:08:34 PM »
FS_file functions are from a GameMaker:Studio extension that not a lot of fangames use anymore. Klazen's engine just so happens to use it, and it appears that you're missing the extension, which is making gamemaker spit out those errors telling you it doesn't know what those FS_file functions mean.

When you followed Klazen's guide, you should've downloaded his project file. If you go to the extensions folder in the GMS_Engine_KS_Edition.gmx folder the file should be there. The file you're looking for is GMFileSystem.extension.gmx You can drag-and-drop that file into your project to add it, that should fix your problem.

Good luck making games!

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Introducing Blue Fruit!
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:08:14 AM »
The end of an era  :BibleThump: 7

Still, hats off to the team for taking initiative and making this! Looking toward to that automatic integration one day as well :Kreygasm:

Thanks for keeping the fangame spirit alive guys.

Game Design / Re: Why I gave up making Fangames
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
See you next month

Game Design / Using GitHub for collaborations! [Tutorial]
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:10 AM »
So, I don't exactly advertise it, but know that I absolutely LOVE the idea of collaborations. When executed correctly, they bring out the best in developers, I think it's that idea of bringing them out of their comfort zone, and into an interdependent setting that just really brings out the best in them. And i mean, in-turn, the players get a fantastic game to enjoy. Games such as 'I Wanna Try A Collab', 'Spook Jam', and 'I Wanna Get Cultured 2' are manifestations of this.

One of the many challenges that comes with leading a collaboration project is keeping track of everything that's being sent your way by participants. Software such as GitHub seriously help with that sort of stuff; automating most of the process, and putting everything neatly into one project file. The only problem is, GitHub isn't exactly something someone can just pick up and immediately know how to use (i know, sounds a lot like everyone's first experience with GameMaker, right?), and tutorials on YouTube are incredibly vague with how to actually collaborate using it. From experience, i.e. learning myself, all the tutorials tend to show you is how to set up a repository, and send you on your not-so-merry way trying to learn everything yourself.

Anyway, enough reading, to the point; I made a video explaining how to use GitHub for fangame collaborations. My intention was to go in-depth in a 'walkthrough-esk' type of video explaining how to set up a repository, and collaborate in 'real-time' (as loose as that term may be) with peers.

The video is split into 3 segments:
  • Information / Instructions for the leader of the collaboration
  • Information / Instructions for the participants of the collaboration
  • A general overview for both sides of the coin

If there's anything you think i might've missed in the video, please feel free to leave a comment either on this thread, or on the YouTube video, and I'd be happy to help out!

Meet and Greet! / Re: Hi
« on: May 21, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
Ahoy!

The credits song for MELTDOWN. You have no idea how long i've been wanting to know the name of this song.

for reference.

General Discussion / Re: The REAL Reason...
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:39:20 PM »
Congratulations, although making a game doesn't mean much if you don't end up releasing it... Does this situation sound familiar to you at all?

You need to take a step back and just relax. Rationalize your situation. Ask yourself questions like;

- "Am i really capable of making something like this with the limited experience i currently have?"
- "Should i be making easier-to-produce needle games to better prepare myself for my dream fangame?"

And finally, possibly the most important;

- "Should i really be announcing publicly every time i decide to start a new project?"

If you do decide to continue with this project, don't go way in over your head, you'll never see the end, work on something you know you're capable of doing. Good luck.

General Games / Re: My hill
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:43 AM »
I boot Dacelo off the hill and put a 13-frame gate near the top without a save in sight.

My hill

Pages: [1] 2 3