Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TheGamerGuy500

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Unfinished / Incomplete / Re: I Wanna Be Gaming! prototype
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
If I could suggest one thing, is that in the start of the levels, remove a lot of the area that has no use, like the ride to the crash, it is just too long and got boring. Now, I didn't play with music so I can't make a note on that, but there is just so much dead space with no use, and bores some people from continuing on.
I see. Yeah now that I think about it the empty space could use some stuff to fill it up.
I'll attempt to rework the first parts.
Also the music selection is unlike any other fangame using music ranging from Bucky O'Hare to Megaman Sprite Game.
I'm adding a level select for debugging, so you can get past the laggy underwater area, just jump to the left in the first intro level.
The bosses are kinda makeshift for until the fangame tutorial post adds the section on boss movement.
I look forward to feedback on what needs to stay and what needs to go.

« on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »
whats with all the Everybody Edits stuff?  :atkWut:
XD... everybody edits has such a massive tileset everything is possible.
I think they won't mind if I "borrow" some tiles, I'm not making profit offa this lol

« on: June 30, 2014, 10:12:08 PM »
I completely understand, and I know there's much to fix and recreate, put some spitshine on, and make better. I was lacking in creativity during the creation of the first levels and rooms and got a little bit better as I went, the later levels show this.
I've got until the end of the summer to get this stuff all intact.

PROJECT CANNED DUE TO MASSIVE FAILURE.
I got a bit bored in game maker and then I decided to begin making an actual game with the knowledge that I have obtained.
This is a prototype, just to see what needs to stay and what needs to go. There will be more to come soon.
I would like to see what everyone thinks so far of the game, some of the levels might look bad but I'll rework on those later.
Also it's designed more on introducing new players to the mechanics of Fangames for the first parts.
So without further ado, I'll just link up the game. It's sorta complete, has an ending but it is still a WIP, so here you go.
httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/wnobrfhf56c53l1/I%20Wanna%20Be%20Gaming%21%20PA2.zip?dl=0
The game is mostly about concepts and ideas that I have had over the years but some are gonna be hard to implement, so this isn't a real serious game just yet (ahem escape sequence)
SCREENIES!
(click to show/hide)
Reminder: It IS a prototype and there will be fixes to certain aspects in here later, along with fixes and such based on your comments. I'll have this topic open and reloading regularly to see new feedback. I've got a lot of time on my hands to make this the best damn game I've ever made.
CHANGELOG!
(click to show/hide)

Game Design / Re: Tutorial: Getting Started With Fangame Development
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »
Hey, um... I try to load a sound buuuuut when I click play I just hear the sound of no one caring (silence)
the mp3 I loaded is good, it can play via media player so what the hell  :atkCry:
Is there like a size limit to how big the file can be before it won't even play?
It only does this with sound files that I load, not the built in ones.
If I can't do anything about that, I'll be doomed to use guy rock for the whole game D:

EDITS: I figured it out, you gotta put it in audacity and then export it. The tutorial never said anything about that  :FrankerZ:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]