Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TheGamerGuy500

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *RESULTS*
« on: November 29, 2016, 02:16:53 AM »
So it has come to my attention that one of the judges (GeoGeo222) wanted a way for the community (or just me) to see what the judges (just Geogeo) thought of the (basically just my) game(s) (their individual reviews)
Ya think you could make a way for us to see those?

EDIT: found it in the video description, but that wasn't obvious from the forum page.
Whoops  :SoonerLater:

Putting requests for any or all of the following:
Meteor stream's night-time music (during the star shower segment and title screen in particular).
Hearty Jewel's stage 3 and stage 3 boss and stage 4 musics. EDIT: Stage 3 is Come On Down from Scott Pilgrim.
Clear The Fifty Floors' Stage 33 music and stage 50 music.
Travel The Mario World's autoscrolling night area.
Wanna Be The Snow's title screen.
8-Bit's stage 3 c (assuming that's part 3 of stage 3.) and part 1 of stage 3.
Best Guy 3's stage 2, stage 3 boss, stage 5, final boss, and death wish boss 5.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: Fangame Soundtracks.
« on: July 08, 2016, 03:10:01 AM »
Well, flip my nuts and call me charlie. I didn't even see that.
Usually first glance you wouldn't expect that kinda thing to be stickied.
Anyway, I guess I could leave this thread for these specific songs because I noticed, threads like this that have lotta replies usually slow down.

Gameplay & Discussion / Fangame Soundtracks.
« on: July 07, 2016, 10:07:34 PM »
(Not sure if this is the section to post it, I haven't seen otherwise...)
We all know most fangames have music, some of it's good, some's bad, some you really like! But the readme doesn't contain any track names and decompilers don't work!
Well, that's the reason I've started this discussion. For any fangames that have really interesting music and maybe someone has the answers.

I'll start it off with...
Meteor stream's night-time music (during the star shower segment and title screen in particular).
Hearty Jewel's stage 3 and stage 3 boss and stage 4 musics.
Clear The Fifty Floors' Stage 33 music and stage 50 music.
Travel The Mario World's autoscrolling night area.
Wanna Be The Snow's title screen.
8-Bit's stage 3 c (assuming that's part 3 of stage 3.) and part 1 of stage 3.
Best Guy 3's stage 2, stage 3 boss, stage 5, final boss, and death wish boss 5.

If anyone out there has the info for this, I'd love to know.
Anyway, this thread is also for anyone else who has questions like this. Maybe others would be kind enough to share the knowledge with us?

Damn I've been gone for a bit but rest assured this thread is still supported. (Since game development is still going for this.)
EDIT: not anymore it ain't.

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016 *LAST CALL*
« on: July 03, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »
Mine should be in. In the event that it doesn't work or the readme doesn't say where the shoe and horn are (I updated it afterward to include) then let me know, but the game tells you where they are once you get to the area and that doesn't require debug

Game Design / Re: YoSniper's Fangame Contest 2016
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »
I've been heavy at procrastinating "work" on my entry.
And by work I mean on and off, throughout the months. I'll essentially be cramming these last few days for it.

« on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:57 PM »
I think that's fine. I'm just more concerned about people not liking the idea of a game from a previous contest coming back in this year's contest.
Yeah, I'm not exactly against it, and this game of mine isn't even anywhere near complete yet, nor was it used from the past contest, sooo... yeah.

« on: February 16, 2016, 10:46:16 PM »
I've been working on a game for a little bit, but want to conform it to the contest and enter it to the contest with its rules and such, is that allowed?

Thanks for the help, but the first option creates the same tile-less effect as before, and redrawing the application surface doesn't work in big rooms that use the camera object. When I start the file with global.mirror, it just presents a black screen. I even put it in DrawGUI end...

EDIT: Whoops, I still had a screen-flipping code in world.roomstart. so the application surface method kinda works? I went back to a previous application surface code I found online, and that works until I go down a screen, then it's all black. this is also with the original camera's code listed in the screenie.

EDITS EDIT: Okay, so all I had to do with the app surface is not base it upon view co-ords. It works, but transparent objects get raped though. Thank you guys so much for your help.

you might have to use surfaces. draw the view to a surface, then draw the surface with xscale -1.
I had used the application surface method, and the manual says surfaces are like unstable when you do other things with the computer.
If you could supply me with some kinda fail-proof code for drawing a view-only surface with this engine, I'd appreciate that.

Programming Questions / Re: Making A Penalty Room
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
Put an invisible save at the start and the bullet object right on it?
or put saveGame in the room creation code...

Just added that to the post, it doesn't work after you shift the camera...

This screenie should tell you how I set it up, of course with me blindly thinking that this would, I dunno, WORK?
Anyway, I'd like some assistance with making this work if you would please...

You might have to just visit https://prntscr.com/a3q05z to see a zoomed in version of it.
The image should tell you all you need to know.

"Lots of removed spaces so just" means I just put a lot of spaces to hide any irrelevant code. Forgot to finish typing that.

I've also tried using surfaces and that works UNTIL YOU SHIFT THE CAMERA and then everything goes black. In fullscreen, it moves the whole camera an entire screen to the left or right. In the normal window, it's just black. https://prntscr.com/a3qduo

Programming Questions / Re: Objects pulsing/animating to music?
« on: November 16, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »
You'd have to know the exact timings of the music for it to work.
You could...
Split the music file into a set of files that just contain the beats at the start of each file...
Set a timeline and have it pulsate with specific intervals, but on laggier computers, it would quickly desync. You'd have to make it so the music goes at a speed relative to the game's actual speed and current FPS for that case.
Get an extension that can somehow do that.

I'm sure there's a foolproof method out there somewhere

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5