Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JGBMaster

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17
Gameplay & Discussion / Re: How do I know if I'm bunny hopping?
« on: July 17, 2014, 05:12:19 AM »
How do I know if I'm bunny hopping?

After all, now I know how to bunny hop and that's what I was asking for.

wut? :Kappa:

lol

Kinata and Den told me how to make a bunny hop properly and now I can make them because they helped me. What I wanted to say is that this topic was about me asking how to bunny hop, not about AutoHotkey macros. I asked for help, they helped me and that's all.

Sorry if you didn't understand what I wrote before, I know my English isn't perfect because I'm not English, but that's what I wanted to say.

« on: July 17, 2014, 03:22:00 AM »
Yeah, I tried this kind of script but it leads to inconsistent results. For example, your script here will sometimes give you a six frame jump. I've tried resolving these inconsistency issues a number of different ways in my own scripts, but nothing seems to help. I don't know enough about the way I Wanna operates to do anything more than speculate about why this happens, but maybe Kinata has some insight. Accurate and consistent frame specific jump macros would be very useful for testing.

Yeah, you're right. I dunno why this happens, but I think the problem is AutoHotkey, because it sometimes messes up my keyboard (I can't use the Windows button and does really strange things). Also, it doesn't let you move while doing some macros and I have no idea why. I don't really think this happens because of the engine.

Anyways, we shouldn't discuss why this happens in this topic. I'd leave it to Kinata and his awesome fangame knowledge. After all, now I know how to bunny hop and that's what I was asking for.

« on: July 16, 2014, 06:30:05 AM »
I'm actually interested in your macro too. I tried to make my own frame specific jump macros for testing purposes, but the autohotkey scripts I came up with were buggy and inconsistent. Why not just post your autohotkey script in this thread?

Here it is

;5-frame jump;
n::
Send {LShift Down}
sleep 80
Send {LShift Up}
return

Everything written between semicolons are just commentaries, they don't affect the macro. I've been using autohotkey for 2 or 3 weeks. I've always been awful at programming and that kind of stuff, but it didn't took me a lot to figure out how it works. It's really easy to use and really helpful  :atkHappy:

If you don't know how it works or you wanna ask me a few questions I'll answer to you in a PM or with Skype if you want.

« on: July 16, 2014, 03:44:41 AM »
When you say you changed the grid and raised the spike by "a bit," do you mean precisely 1 pixel? A bunny hop only makes at most a 1 pixel difference, so that would be necessary. You can be sure by checking the Y-coordinate of the spike while you're raising it.

Your V-align needs to be between x.305 and x.4. x.4-x.5 will allow a bunny hop, but it won't be a "good enough" bunny hop for the single jump bunny hop test (and as you probably know, x.305 is where you get a perfect bunny hop).

To be sure you're doing actual 5-frame jumps, note that a 5 frame jump is the highest that lets you go through a gate jump (4 frame is the lowest). I would test your macro. Note: the macro should press shift for .08 seconds, not .1 seconds as you might guess. The first frame of input doesn't count for any time. If you're playing in frame-by-frame, to perform a 5 frame jump, hold shift, and let go after you see the Kid rise for 3 frames. Note 2: slowdown doesn't mess up gameplay, at least with Cheat Engine. Den might be thinking about Hourglass, which is notorious for being glitchy.

I actually changed the grid by 2 because the hair of the kid was like in the same pixel as the spike and I hadn't even changed it to 1 because the sprite was literally touching the lower part of the spike, but then I remembered that the hitbox is a bit smaller than the kid's sprite. By the way, I thought that bunny hopping could make you jump 3 pixels higher (I heard it somewhere but I don't remember).

Thanks for telling me that a 5-frame jump is actually a 80 milisecond jump and for telling me how to do a 5-frame jump frame-by-frame, I really appreciate it :atkHappy:

I'll send you my macro in a PM if you want (in fact it's an AutoHotkey script, the program I use to remap my keys).

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »
Today I finally decided to start Kamilia 3...
I stopped playing at the 1st boss and only gave it 2 or 3 tries. I'm surprised I got there with 690 deaths only lol

« on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
Do you know how high a 5 frame jump is? also this only works on valigns x.3-x.5

Yes, I've tried it with cheat engine at 1fps (0.02 speed) and I use a script to always make 5-frame jumps. And yes, ik which valigns are needed to perform this technique. The reason why I made a 5-frame jump is because in the description of Hector's triple diamond video says that a perfect bunny hop is needed (a 5-frame jump).

Gameplay & Discussion / How do I know if I'm bunny hopping?
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
I've been trying to learn this technique for a month but I have no idea if I'm doing it right or not. I go to I Wanna record My Jumps and I hold the Shift key to see what is the kid's max jump height and I put a spike higher and higher to see the maximum height of the jump. I change the grid and I put the spike just a bit further than the kid's max jump height and I try to do a 5-frame jump. As soon as I hit the ground I press the Shift key again and I hold it until I fall, but I never reach the spike.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me? D:
It would be really helpful if someone uploads a map to test if I can bunny hop.

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: What's Your Progress?
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:11:01 AM »
Yay! I managed to get to the 3rd save in I Wanna be the Purple Trap! :3
The traps really fucked me up in some parts D:
2nd save had 2 traps and I died two times in the trap at the end due to a FUCKING minilag :atkCry:
Last jump was hard also D:

Video Discussion / Re: I wanna be the Needle Master - GOD
« on: July 14, 2014, 05:40:42 AM »
Congrats Plynq!
By the way, how did you make last jump? D:

Programming Questions / Re: Making AutoFire Pls. Reply
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »
WAT  :atkWut:
I didn't know that D:

Programming Questions / Re: Making AutoFire Pls. Reply
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:49:01 AM »
Autofire aka Rapid Fire is considered cheating (at least in this community).

Gameplay & Discussion / Re: The Index of Common Jump Names
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:15 AM »
Why don't we call the jumps as the game that has especially lots of it or the first games where they appeared?
For example the ledge jump aka TAS jump. It doesn't make any sense because TAS means a completely different thing but it appeared a lot in I wanna be the TAS and people call it like this. For example, I'd rename Palm Tree (I'm already fine with Palm Tree but idk, it's just an example) for "uhuhu jump". I think this way people would agree with the jumps' names and it would be easier to remember them.

User-Made Creations / Re: I wanna be the Purple Trap
« on: July 09, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »
I downloaded it yesterday at night and played it a few minutes only. It's a bit hard and I died like 130 times to get to the 2nd save. I really like the design, the moving background and the music :3

I like the game. You should post some pictures of the game to attract more people ;)

Video Discussion / Re: I Wanna Erode
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:19:55 AM »
Wooow. I hate using moving platforms as extra jumps but the game looks really cool :3
I'll give it a try :P

User-Made Creations / Re: I Wanna Be The Outer Side
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »

You can get stuck at this save with an align that's bad for the corner and that won't let you walk off to the right to get the good align for the corner. I had to jump cancel to the right to get the good align. This game doesn't seem like it wants to make the player jump cancel, so you might want to look into that.

I had this same thing happen to me.   I had to save hack and move my character over 1 pixel to be able to make the jump.

It didn't have the correct align either, but you can do a really fast double jump and you can go through it without any problem. It's really easy. Btw, I'm stuck here D:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17