Author Topic: Western Fangame Rankings [W-Level]  (Read 71180 times)

SmokeyCR

Re: Western Fangame Rankings [W-Level]
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2014, 03:11:04 PM »
A few more suggestions here:

Lv 46 : I Wanna Macaron    [Medium]
Lv 48 : I Wanna Awake    [Medium]
Lv 49 : I Wanna be Colorful    [Clear]
Lv 49 : I Wanna be the ShowDown   [Medium]
Macaron has harder platforming. Awake has harder platforming AND harder bosses. And Colorful is a lovely avoidance filled with RNG. I don't get why is ShowDown higher than all of these. I would lower it to:

Lv 44: I Wanna be the ShowDown [Medium]

Since it's easier than GreeeeN, but harder than DarkBlue.

Lv 55 : I Wanna be the Fangame   [Medium]
Lv 55 : I Wanna be the BEST Guy 1   [Clear]   [Extra]
Lv 55 : I Wanna Be The Purple Zone
Nope, definitively not. Purple Zone definitively isn't at the same level as Fangame or Best Guy. Purple Zone is short and there are very few difficult segments. Most of them are easy, and can be done in a few tries. The Final Boss isn't anything special either. Not when compared to any of Best Guy's bosses, or Grim Reaper/Sticky Keys from Fangame. And both, Fangame and Best Guy, are WAY longer than Purple Zone. Thus, I don't see a single reason for Purple Zone to be here.
My suggestion is:

Lv 44: I wanna be the Purple Zone

Since it's pretty much the same level as ShowDown.

Lv 45 : I Wanna be the GreeeeeN   [Medium]
Lv 45 : I Wanna be the FC    [Medium]
FC is definitively harder than GreeeeN. Far harder. The platforming is harder, the bosses are WAY harder, and FC is longer too. I would put it around the same level as Awake, so...

Lv 48 : I Wanna be the FC [Medium]

I would complain about Play the Catastrophe and Crimson being a little bit too high (I doubt that Crimson is harder than Tempest or Loner, and Catastrophe is far from being harder than Barrage), and Sharpness being a little bit too low (Kaikun is harder than this one? I doubt it) too, but I will beat them first to see where should they be.

And also, increasing the list:

Resistance

...Has some bosses that I would love to never have fought against. Oh well.

Lv 68: I wanna be the Resistance [Medium] - Sounds pretty fair to me to put it at the same level as a similar game: Orbit. Both have the annoying-as-hell traps, both have the annoying-as-hell bosses, both are lenghty and both have an average platforming (Aside from the traps). Thus, I would put both at the same level.

Pleasure

I must say, this game has the best Kirby boss I've ever seen. Far better than Time Machine's or Popularity's.

Lv 49: I wanna be the Pleasure [Clear] - Slightly harder than FC and Awake. The Stage 2 here might be a headache to a lot of players (Mainly the last screen). The bosses aren't as hard as FC's or Awake's, but Stage 2 is so hard, that I think that Pleasure should still be higher.

LoveAE-RYRC

Fun 117-floor game (Lol).

Lv 63: I wanna be the LoveAE-RYRC [Medium] - Lots of annoying floors here. Some are too lenghty, some have weird gimmicks, some have too many hard jumps, and some have a 7-second delay that happens every time you enter the floor, a time limit, lots of spikes and an annoying effect with the lights. One level higher than 3200 min sounds good enough, because 3200 min doesn't have bosses, but the difficulty of the platforming is pretty much the same. I also don't plan on putting it at the same difficulty as See the Moon, so...

Party \o/

This is a pretty short game. Found it while looking at the Meteor Stream boss from MSR.

Lv 40: I wanna be the Party [Clear] - Lots of traps, but none of them is particularly hard to avoid. The only part that might be troublesome is the Last Boss, but even this boss isn't so hard. The game is still hard enough to be higher than Art, though.

Koramune Trap

Not too different from Party, but better-looking.

Lv 43: I wanna be the Koramune Trap [Medium] - As I said, not too different from Party. There are some difficult segments, though, so I think that Koramune Trap should be slightly higher (Also, Koramune Trap is pretty much at the same level as Dark Blue. The platforming is slightly easier, but the final boss is harder).

HunyaaPunpun series

Speaking of 100-floor games...

Lv 22: I wanna HunyaaPunpun [Clear][No secret] - For the most part an easy game (Although finding the easy path might be troublesome at some floors), however Stage 6 (Floors 61-70) is pretty annoying (Not exactly hard, just annoying. Lots of backtracking, and headaches with gravity-changing arrows). I don't think that it's harder than Enjoy the Game, though, so I'll leave it here.

Lv 17: I wanna HunyaaPunpun 2 [Clear] - As easy as it can be (The Stage 6 from the first HunyaaPunpun is not here, which makes things a lot easier). I'll still put it higher than GGM, though, because finding the easy path is still hard (Probably even harder than in the first one).

I had a few more games to rank, but it's been a while since I've beaten them, and I forgot a lot about them, so the ranking wouldn't be clear enough. So, that's all for now  :denLuka:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:12:53 AM by SmokeyCR »

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
Crimson is harder than Loner imo, and not just because I suck at bosses (even though that is my main reason Kappa).
There are a couple of places in Crimson that I had some trouble with due to memorization of the absurd number of traps it has and due to nekoron's engine messing up while trying to 1frame in water.

SmokeyCR

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »
Crimson is harder than Loner imo, and not just because I suck at bosses (even though that is my main reason Kappa).
There are a couple of places in Crimson that I had some trouble with due to memorization of the absurd number of traps it has and due to nekoron's engine messing up while trying to 1frame in water.
I found the water stage to be one of the easiest in Crimson
I don't recall any section on Crimson that has too many traps. And if you include traps as part of the platforming, I would say that Loner's jumps are pretty harder than Crimson's. But since we are talking about memorization problems and bosses, it's better to not compare Crimson to Loner. But there is still Tempest. Tempest surpasses Crimson in bosses (Crimson's bosses aren't really hard, they are just tedious), traps (As I was saying, Crimson doesn't have many traps. Not compared to Tempest) and needles (Some of Tempest's jumps give me nightmares. Most of Crimson's jumps are pretty normal). And both have around the same lenght. I can't see how can Crimson be higher than Tempest here, so even if Crimson is harder than Loner, I would still say that it's too high because of Tempest).
Of course, it might be Tempest the one that is too low :atkHappy:

SmokeyCR

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
...Hoping that this list will be updated someday '-'
Anyways, few more suggestions:
Lv 95 : I Wanna be the Emperor   [Medium]
Lv 96 : I Wanna Break the 3 Makers 3  [Clear]
Lv 96 : I Wanna Be The Cherry [Oblivion]
Lv 96 : I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 3   [Clear]   [No Secret]
Lv 97 : I Wanna be a Brute of a Man [Possible Mod]  [Medium]
Lv 97 : I Wanna be the TAS 1   [Medium]
Lv 97 : I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 3   [Clear]   [Find Secret] [Extra]
Oh no, I didn't...Yes, I did. I touched Kamilia 3. Am I the only one who does find it absurd that Kamilia 3 is at the same level as UNBEATEN games, such as 3 Makers 3 and Cherry [Oblivion]? (As far as I know, Aya on Oblivion is still unbeaten)
Kamilia 3 with extra is even being compared to TAS 1, another unbeaten game (Final Boss s2) ._.
Kamilia 3 actually doesn't sound harder than Emperor, either. The platforming on Kamilia 3 is relatively easy for the most part (Easy for a LVL 95+ game, I mean), with just a few hard Stages such as Rukito. Emperor is hard from the beginning to the end. There is no comparison here ._.
However, the Boss Rush should make up for that, since I don't recall any Boss in Emperor that is actually harder than Boss Rush in Kamilia 3. The Extra platforming in Kamilia 3 also sounds somewhat challenging. Thus, I would call...Same level for Kamilia 3 and Emperor? I think it's a better idea than what is on the list now.
My suggestions are:
Lv 94: I wanna Kill the Kamilia 3 [Clear] [No secret]
Lv 95: I wanna Kill the Kamilia 3 [Clear] [Find secret] [Extra]

Lv 82 : I Wanna be the Rainbow MIKU   [Medium]   [Find Secret] [Extra]
Lv 83 : I Wanna be the Barrage 1   [Clear]
Lv 84 : I Wanna be the Justice   [Medium]
Lv 85 : I Wanna Hunyuu Pun Pun [Clear]
And here we are...Again. As much as I love to say that "I've beaten a Lv 85 game, YES!!!!"...I must come back to reality, somehow. Come on, really? HunyuuPunpun higher than Justice and Barrage?
Barrage is solely made of bosses, so I'll leave it out for now, but comparing Justice's platforming to HunyuuPunpun's...No, just no. HunyuuPunpun is made of soft jumps. A few long saves, yes, but with few hard jumps (Sometimes no one) at each save. I can make a list of screens on Justice that are far more sadistic with their jumps and traps (Yes, including traps as part of the platforming), and I haven't even gotten that far in Justice yet. HunyuuPunpun also doesn't have bosses, so...Yeah, Justice is quite harder than HunyuuPunpun.
So, skipping Barrage (I don't even know why did I put it here), let's take a look at Rainbow Miku. Soft jumps, long-as-hell saves...Memory-based avoidances should make up for the lack of lenght...Yeah, they sound alike.
My suggestion is:
Lv 82 : I Wanna Hunyuu Pun Pun [Clear]
Maybe it deserves to be lower, but I can't prove it for now, so...

Lv 72 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 1   [Clear]
Lv 73 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 2   [Clear]
Lv 74 : I Wanna be the Archfoe 3   [Clear]
Lv 77 : I Wanna be the Explorer   [Medium]
Lv 77 : I Wanna be the HeavenTrap 1   [Medium]
I see Explorer there...Heaven Trap too...And, as much as I hate Idolmaster...No, just no. Archfoe's platforming is easily harder than Explorer's and Heaven Trap's (Well, it's a needle game after all. And a hard one at that). The bosses in Explorer and Heaven Trap don't make up for that, either.
Also, since when is Archfoe 2 harder than Archfoe 1? ._.
Archfoe 1 brings the craziest possible jumps, with a touch of lack of saves at some points. Archfoe 2 has...Uh, a few corners? With good aligns right at the front of you? Yes, there are a few hard jumps in Archfoe 2. Two or three, I think. While Archfoe 1 has...The whole second screen (Aside from one easy save at the middle)?...Yeah, no comparison here. I can't say anything about Archfoe 3, since I'm stuck at the first screen, but since it's at the top of them, I'll leave it at the top...
So, my suggestion is:
Lv 76: I wanna be the Archfoe 2 [Clear]
Lv 77: I wanna be the Archfoe 1 [Clear] <= I wouldn't dare to put it at the same level as Flower, but it's not THAT lower
Lv 78: I wanna be the Archfoe 3 [Clear]

Lv 53 : I Wanna Get The Yellow Star [Medium]
Quite the same as Purple Zone. I would say that this one has around the same LVL as Dark Blue, although the Final Boss is harder, so:
Lv 43: I wanna Get the Yellow Star [Medium]
Much better now  :atkHappy:

And a few more games to the list:

Get Rekt
Let's get Rekt  :atkHappy:
Lv 85: I wanna Get Rekt [Clear] - Well, where do we start. The difficulty curve in this game is basically exponential. We start with the standart tutorial Stage on Stage 1...Then we get to Stage 2 and find Geezerbot.exe from 8 Bit? WTF? OK, not that hard, let's get to stage 3 and...Tom & Jerry? Willy Ride Armor? Oh, well, it shouldn't get too much worse - Oh, hell, it's Chinsaku. That should already make up for a Lv 60 game or something, but it doesn't stop there. We have Void Titan and Ice Man (And that boss from Twitch TV - Does this game even exist? ._.). Well, alright.
At Stage 4, it starts. Game Makers and What's Hot aren't that much of a challenge, but...Well, the Avoidance players are annoying (Sunbla and Plynq -.-''') ...Speedrunners are lovely enough (Don't get T-Boned  :Kappa: )...The Needle players are probably among the most annoying of them (One doesn't simply do a diagonal quickly. Mainly when you are dodging Ario's apples)...And there is the ??? Stage, that is not hard, i think? Unless your keyboard is messed up. Damn dancing boss.
Stage 5 is quite the flaw of the difficulty curve (As hard as Stage 4, or maybe easier)...But the Chair at the end...Oh my. Nico Nico TV is quite tedious, too. But the real Lv. 80 part is Stage 6. IA is already hard by herself, you might leave her as a guardian alone. No need for Ultimate Luigi, Megaman Medley, Jazz Hands Demon and Crimson [Insert multiple names for that boss here] ;-;
And after breaking the seal, there is still TJ (OK, that one is easy), Klazen (1st phase is quite hard already, but the 2nd phase is simply infuriating. Something like, take Crimson, leave the same HP, add the Field Effect, give him more overpowered attacks, make it so that these attacks can be used even if you don't hit them, but they'll get even more overpowered according to the Crystal's HP...And you quite have Klazen's 2nd phase, maybe)...And RNG *-*...The name says it all. OK, I ended listing the entire game here. But the amount of hard bosses here is quite too high to leave it lower than Rainbow Miku, so, this is my suggestion.

Churatch
That one loved 100-floor game u_u

Lv 64: I wanna be the Churatch [Medium] - First challenge: To find the Medium mode :atkHappy:
Jokes aside, from Floor 75 on you might see the difficulty curve moving (Finally?) at a significant way. 82-98 are the worst, thanks to a few jumps combined with an annoying lenght that makes some floors REALLY annoying. Unlike LoveAE-RYRC, I think this one might be at the same level as See the Moon, since both have an annoying last stage.

I would put a couple needle games here, but I'm too tired to do so. I'll leave it at this.

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.93 Chrome 40.0.2214.93
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 02:02:36 PM »
I completely agree with HunyuuPunPun being too high. It's only difficulty came from the final jump and from how damn long it was. If anything it should be at the same level as L.

SmokeyCR

« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:35 PM »
Emperor is definitely not as hard as Kamilia 3, let alone harder. I also think level 85 is a bit too high for get rekt, its just so long that it feels harder than it actually is.
I would say the same about Kamilia 3. As I said, aside from the later stages, Kamilia 3 isn't really Lv 90-worthy, let alone Lv 95. Platforming-wise, Kamilia 3 has too few areas (A.K.A Stage 5 - Rukito, Betty) that can compete with Emperor's platforming (It's not as if all of Emperor's saves have the same difficulty, but most of them are quite harder than Kamilia's). Then, again, Kamilia 3 has harder bosses. And then, again, the main point here is that Kamilia is quite far from being as hard as Lv 96/97 games. Emperor is just a support point.

About Get Rekt, I agree it might be somewhat high, but it's kinda hard to find a precise ranking for a game that is 100% made of bosses (OK, stage 3 has some actual platforming at the end, but that's quite much the same as nothing to measure the game's difficulty) in the midst of a lot of platforming games (And I am quite sure that none, or nearly none of the Lv 85- bosses is harder than RNG or Klazen's 2nd phase).
I'm quite sure that Rekt is worthy being somewhere at the 80s, though, I just don't know the exact level. 85 was a random number I came up with to leave it below Sunspike (Because of IA's full Boss fight) and above Rainbow Miku (Because Rainbow Miku, plz).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:01:02 PM by SmokeyCR »

Zero-G

• [+--oo]
  • Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.94 Chrome 40.0.2214.94
    • View Profile
    • My twitch channel
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
you dont seem to know whats in the extra.i might even say to level "I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 3   [Clear]   [Find Secret] [Extra]" 1 higher.

SmokeyCR

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
you dont seem to know whats in the extra.i might even say to level "I Wanna Kill the Kamilia 3   [Clear]   [Find Secret] [Extra]" 1 higher.
Well, from what I've saw, Possible is quite soft (Again, relatively) and Needle Satan is hard, but I wouldn't name it as harder than Ario's Screen on 3 Makers 3. Probably the same for Contrary, too. TAS is a different matter, though. Maybe it's the same level, maybe it's easier, maybe it's harder, I can't decide at all. However, if I'm not mistaken, 3 Makers 3 still has Leehee Screen, which seems to be quite harder than Ario's (I don't know at all because there is no video of that Screen). Maybe putting Kamilia 3 at the same level as Emperor was a bit too extreme, but I still don't think that it should be at 96.
So, instead of lowering Kamilia 3, maybe leveling 3 Makers 3, Cherry [Oblivion] and TAS would work better.

Lv 96: I wanna Kill the Kamilia 3 [Clear] [No secret]
Lv 97: I wanna Kill the Kamilia 3 [Clear] [Find Secret] [Extra]
Lv 98: I wanna be the Cherry [Oblivion]
Lv 98: I wanna Break the 3 Makers 3 [Clear]
Lv 98: I wanna be the TAS [Clear]

Does that sound better?

Zero-G

• [+--oo]
  • Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My twitch channel
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2015, 10:00:29 PM »
hidden stages and hidden bosses =/= extra bosses

just saying.

the hidden stage's you mentioned doesnt make the game harder really,it just adds content.let me call them a joke compared to what im talking about since you seem to not understand whats up(no offense).the EXTRA bosses are still in work ,we got to see "you" testplay "the rings of rainbow" boss created by ヨーヨー and its definitly as hard as tis, maybe even harder and thats the 1st + easiest of the extra bosses.

2nd thing

3 makers 3 was impossible until recently lol and nobody really cares about that game cause of that.

lemonxreaper

• Administrator
  • Spike Dodger
  • Do you even needle?
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 35.0 Firefox 35.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
Nobody cares about 3 makers 3, it might not even be possible.
All anyone has seen of the extra's so far is like 30 seconds of the easiest boss.
TAS is pretty much down to the boss with is pattern.
cherry I dunno.

I dunno what you are basing these ratings on, since I didn't see you play, but w/e, seems kinda arbitrary.

honestly there's not even a reason for this list to exist.
Just pretend I have a cool picture like Zero.
Completed Fangames: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4678222/Complete%20Fangames.txt

SmokeyCR

« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
hidden stages and hidden bosses =/= extra bosses

just saying.

the hidden stage's you mentioned doesnt make the game harder really,it just adds content.let me call them a joke compared to what im talking about since you seem to not understand whats up(no offense).the EXTRA bosses are still in work ,we got to see "you" testplay "the rings of rainbow" boss created by ヨーヨー and its definitly as hard as tis, maybe even harder and thats the 1st + easiest of the extra bosses.

2nd thing

3 makers 3 was impossible until recently lol and nobody really cares about that game cause of that.
Well, if they are still on work, why are we counting them now? '-'
If Extra =/= Secret, maybe we can add a rank for Kamilia 3 extra when the Extra is released. For now, discussing it is pointless (Knowing Kamilia 3, this might even push the game up to 99. Or make no difference at all, if the bosses end up nerfed).
Also, the fact of no one caring about 3 Makers doesn't change much. After all, Love Trap Extra is still known as impossible, and that doesn't change its Lv 99.

Nobody cares about 3 makers 3, it might not even be possible.
All anyone has seen of the extra's so far is like 30 seconds of the easiest boss.
TAS is pretty much down to the boss with is pattern.
cherry I dunno.

I dunno what you are basing these ratings on, since I didn't see you play, but w/e, seems kinda arbitrary.

honestly there's not even a reason for this list to exist.
Well, this list is more arbitrary than anything. I'm just trying to fix some of it here.
Also, "This list should be seen as a “suggested fangame” list for players for whatever level they seek". This list does have a reason. It's just not working exactly well.

(I just noticed, this topic got quite more lively because of Kamilia 3's discussion. I should make suggestions like that more often. Maybe Chokochoko as Lv 70 is up next?  :Kappa: )
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:24:27 PM by SmokeyCR »

Zero-G

• [+--oo]
  • Alumi
  • Spike Dodger
  • Administrator
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • My twitch channel
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
If Extra =/= Secret, maybe we can add a rank for Kamilia 3 extra when the Extra is released.

you mean like the one you were talking about earlier aka already exists?

https://i.imgur.com/ndDAOKZ.png  <-- as possible as legit brute of a man,happil2 and old break the makers 3.enjoy lol LVL 99.9 good luck figuring out the block skip advanced technique.

im out of here.have fun with the list.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:31:13 PM by Zero-G »

SmokeyCR

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »
If Extra =/= Secret, maybe we can add a rank for Kamilia 3 extra when the Extra is released.

you mean like the one you were talking about earlier aka already exists?

And now I am really confused. Was Kamilia 3 Extra released, or not? From what you said on your earlier post, it's still being worked on, and you saw an testplay, and thus it's pointless to talk about it while it's not complete. Also, from what you've said, I mistook Extra for Secret, and Extra still doesn't exist. Or maybe I'm not understanding anything of what you are saying.

BBF

• Cherry Eater
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.93 Chrome 40.0.2214.93
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »
If I remember right Kamilia stated Extra Boss 4 at Level 99 on the K3 blog he used to have on Niconico, so there's that.

Kilp

• Wannabe
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 37.0 Firefox 37.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2015, 09:27:23 PM »
I wonder when this list will finally be updated, though I have 2 more suggestions for this list:

Lv: 52: I wanna be the Air - This was a pretty long trap game that had 8 stages, a few stages had some gimmicks though overall I think lv. 52 sounds right for it.
Lv: 65: I wanna be the Justice easy ver - The easier version of Justice, however, I'm not sure how much every boss is nerfed in this version.