Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]  (Read 12485 times)

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
(Warning Sarcasm) I Wanna Kill The BLB is yet another great compilation game that features only the best of the best fangames out there!
Thanks to all the Beta testers I was able to make the most enjoyable game possible!
(Sarcasm OFF)

Please feel free to download this game and play it! You deserve it!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/noc9pzscne09h03/I%20Wanna%20Kill%20The%20BLB%20V1.0.zip?dl=0

Please let me know when making videos or streams of this game. I'm always watching!

Pictures:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:46:50 PM by Tamatou »
From Austria with Love <3

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:42:08 PM »
Please stop making these games.

-The entire community

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »
I will not

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Android 4.4.2 Android 4.4.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.94 Chrome 45.0.2454.94
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »

-The entire community

Keep it nice.

lawatson

• The Kid
  • I do things and I make things.
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 08:47:07 PM »
Don't be discouraged, I will play this game for a bit and provide some feedback.  :atkWaifu:

Okay, time for feedback.

Basically, it's a medley for people who are wondering.

The screen picks are kinda mediocre, but who can I blame, a lot of games are mediocre lol.

The music choices are kind of blaring and loud, and the music restarts which kinda makes it a tad bit more annoying. There's also a memey game over sound (It says tamatou i think)

After the stage, there's a boss. It's kinda nicely designed and you can tell there's some production value. It sends you to an avoidance, and then after that you get to kill the boss. I think that the boss might have been a little cooler if you chose from a different avoidance, and maybe also improved on the boss's attacks itself. Afterwards, there's finally a little spam-shoot segment. I think of it more as a choke, but anyways, once you beat it, the game is over.

Why this game is good:
-Interesting and somewhat nicely designed boss

Problems in the game:
-Boring screen picks
-Unfitting music picks
-Not a lot of stages
-Technical issues (weird screen size in one of the rooms, and restarting music)

If I gave this game a 1/10 rating it would probably be a 5-6. Don't worry, though, my first games were a lot worse so just keep on going!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:14:58 PM by lawatson »
(click to show/hide)

smoke weed everyday

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 09:22:41 PM »

-The entire community

Keep it nice.

I'm not pandering to the community that thinks these games are acceptable anymore. There is 0 redeeming qualities in this fangame, and is clearly made as a joke.

Swordslinger

• The Kid
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.130 Chrome 43.0.2357.130
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 09:47:54 PM »
From what i gathered from watson's response he said negative and positive things about this game and i think he didn't look at it as a "joke" game, look if there are 0 redeeming qualities for you then say why and what. Look tj, let me tell you something, you saw that, i saw that, everyone saw that you didn't say a thing that was legitimate in that little response, you already pulled the switch you can't push it back in, It's a game devs job to get criticism to see what they can improve on for the future, saying comments like that doesn't help their job, it just tears them apart. I understand i'm derailing a bit with this but I can't let someone get away with something like that, admit it Tj, that was sheer cold of you, this will be my only response as i would not like to violate rule 7, but the gist of this is think of what you've done there.

As for watson, you can listen to him Tamatou, since he does provide a lot of feedback, so do take what he said under consideration for the future, if this is your first game then from what i hear is that you got a lot to learn and a long ladder to climb, good luck with the ascent.

Again I am sorry if this post is violating the rules, but honestly, I just can't look at this as something i wouldn't respond too, it just bothered me too much not to respond to it.
A Random Signature

lawatson

• The Kid
  • I do things and I make things.
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »

Keep it nice.

I'm not pandering to the community that thinks these games are acceptable anymore. There is 0 redeeming qualities in this fangame, and is clearly made as a joke.

lmao doesn't refrain from the point that you were being a rude little mister there, be nice to people even if their creations aren't to your liking!
(click to show/hide)

smoke weed everyday

tehjman1993

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Meme Enthusiast
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:55 PM »
From what i gathered from watson's response he said negative and positive things about this game and i think he didn't look at it as a "joke" game, look if there are 0 redeeming qualities for you then say why and what. Look tj, let me tell you something, you saw that, i saw that, everyone saw that you didn't say a thing that was legitimate in that little response, you already pulled the switch you can't push it back in, It's a game devs job to get criticism to see what they can improve on for the future, saying comments like that doesn't help their job, it just tears them apart. I understand i'm derailing a bit with this but I can't let someone get away with something like that, admit it Tj, that was sheer cold of you, this will be my only response as i would not like to violate rule 7, but the gist of this is think of what you've done there.

As for watson, you can listen to him Tamatou, since he does provide a lot of feedback, so do take what he said under consideration for the future, if this is your first game then from what i hear is that you got a lot to learn and a long ladder to climb, good luck with the ascent.

Again I am sorry if this post is violating the rules, but honestly, I just can't look at this as something i wouldn't respond too, it just bothered me too much not to respond to it.

I don't care, Sword.
I don't care if you think my opinion is legitimate or not.
I don't care if you think I have a reason to comment on the game.
I don't care if you think you know what a game dev's job is.
I don't care if you think my opinion is "cold."
I don't care, Sword.

Keep it nice.

lmao doesn't refrain from the point that you were being a rude little mister there, be nice to people even if their creations aren't to your liking!

I do not need to be nice to people that have been told over, and over, and over that these types of games are just another reason people disrespect the Wiki, and further, these forums and Del-Fruit. This "creation" is a sarcastic poke at fangames, obviously catered towards maybe this guy's friends or something.

On top of that, I really don't care.

infern0man1

• ~(=^・ω・^)ψ
  • Global Moderator
  • Oatmeal Killer
  • Dear sir stroke madam, fire exclamation point
  • Android 4.4.2 Android 4.4.2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.94 Chrome 45.0.2454.94
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:15 PM »
Stop bickering. I'm really losing patience, don't push it any further.

Raganoxer

• Wannabe
  • i make level and level accessories
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:51:08 PM »
Tehjman wether it was intentionally bad or not that was kinda rude. At least its not a happil 2 medley clone.
~i make your fangames on LBP with hugs and kisses, don't worry they're good quality to LBP standards!

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 12:07:15 AM »
Guys guys... keep it calm!

Yes this is a joke game i made mainly for my brother, friends, YT viewers and readers of my comic as a suprise gift.

Thanks to lawatson for the criticism.
The whole idea of this game was that it is a "fake medley game" none of the games featured actually exist. (at least I hope so)

I started creating this game to get to know a functions of game maker. I think you can see me trying new things on each screen.

The first screen totally sucks I know that. That joke beeing that it from the non-existing game "I Wanna Be The Fehlstart" Fehlstart tralslates to "false start"
I knew people would stop playing after seeing that one first screen wich amuses me  :atkHappy:
I swear to never make a screen like this ever again tough

As I've said I really tried my best to learn game maker while designing the first stage but I really put some decent effort into the Boss at the end.

Yes, I am planning to continue making games. A sequel is already beeing planned wich will be a more serious attempt of making a fangame.

Thank you for all the responses positive and negative I wasn't expecting anybodyto care  :atkHappy:

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »
and maybe also improved on the boss's attacks itself

Be specific
As said unlike the rest of the game I actually tried to make this a decend fangame boss
So criticism is very important.  :atkHappy:

I wanted this boss to be "a little different everytime" so I gave him the three main attacks wich he chooses at random.
I kinda think these attacks might drag on for a little to long and players would just hit "restart" if they get a attack they don't like. But yeah, it is my first video game boss so I know would be very improovable

Mattisticus

• Wannabe
  • I click circles
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:13 AM »
I'll give my two cents, why not.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Sure it has it's shortcomings, the music stopped playing when I died and the first screen will definitely annoy someone enough to not even give the game a chance.

I made it to Daim (solgryn) boss, and sure got some laughs from that, and it's fun.

-My personal opinion

Fixed it for ya bud

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »
I'll give my two cents, why not.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Sure it has it's shortcomings, the music stopped playing when I died and the first screen will definitely annoy someone enough to not even give the game a chance.

I made it to Daim (solgryn) boss, and sure got some laughs from that, and it's fun.

-My personal opinion

Fixed it for ya bud

Thank you for playing  :atkHappy:

I've had some bugs with the music during development but at the end it worked on my PC. I'll try using a sound engine for the next game.

Yeah, I sorta regret making the first screen the way it is, but at the same time thinking of people instantly stop playing after they see it amuses me  :atkHappy: Can't wait to see live reactions of my friends play it and maybe even people of the community might stream this game.

btw. Milka DAIM is incredibly delicious! Try it if you ever get the chance!