Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]  (Read 12483 times)

Aelya

• Cherry Eater
  • love~ <3
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
    • stream
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
i dont get the hate, its pretty much a real game (or at least more of a real game than many others) :o the only things i'd say are

- DONT USE YOSNIPER ENGINE PHYSICS
- fehlstart sucks
- the graphics in steal candy and daim are painful to look at
- sailor mars FTW (thats probably the reason why the file size is so huge i guess)
- that tomato phase HP god damn

boss is otherwise pretty good, though the hitboxes are weird and the attacks arent balanced

playthrough video https://www.twitch.tv/fate/v/20259732 gg
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:30:24 PM by Aelya »

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:23 PM »
i dont get the hate, its pretty much a real game (or at least more of a real game than many others) :o the only things i'd say are

- DONT USE YOSNIPER ENGINE PHYSICS
- fehlstart sucks
- the graphics in steal candy and daim are painful to look at
- sailor mars FTW (thats probably the reason why the file size is so huge i guess)
- that tomato phase HP god damn

boss is otherwise pretty good, though the hitboxes are weird and the attacks arent balanced

playthrough video https://www.twitch.tv/fate/v/20259732 gg

Thank you soo much for this Speed Run. This game is not very speedrun friendly especially because of Fehlstart.
I'll use another engine for part 2 (wich I will try to put more effort into designing the screens, it's gonna take a long time until its finished thogh if at all)

Most of the custom graphics were drawn by my 12 year old sister. So yeah. They are what they are.
The game's file size is so big because everything is loaded internally. I wasn't aware of how externally loading works until very late in development. But I appreciate that you like sailor mars. I had to cut out each individuall frame of animation from a gif wich took forever

Actually Tamatou is invincible until a the "Schneller" Font appears then he takes 40 shots. And on the Angry Tamatou Phase it's the same thing. I know this is bad game design but I wanted that lase phase to feel really intense but not difficult. But yeah i can see it beeing kinda tedious on the second time

The Hitboxes on the Sailor Mars Fireballs are a bit too big the other hitboxes should be fine actually. My brother a friend and me recently played the game in our stream and debatet about wich of the 3 boss attack patterns are the hardest and easiest. We had very different opinions. I always thought the Pig/Demon are the easiest but the others said Pinui/PPG is the easiest.
What do you think?

This is my brothers blind playthrough (feature mudkipz who helped me alot, and... me)
From Austria with Love <3

Aelya

• Cherry Eater
  • love~ <3
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 01:20:21 AM »
Thank you soo much for this Speed Run. This game is not very speedrun friendly especially because of Fehlstart.
I'll use another engine for part 2 (wich I will try to put more effort into designing the screens, it's gonna take a long time until its finished thogh if at all)
that run is so "bad" but i couldnt improve it due to bad rng (and fehlstart obv) :s with these clarifications i might give it another shot :D
the engine thingy is not really about the engine, just about the physics which feel different from most other fangames (yuuutu physics). i think someone once wrote a thread on what to change to make the physics similar. [edit: yeah someone did]

Most of the custom graphics were drawn by my 12 year old sister. So yeah. They are what they are.
The game's file size is so big because everything is loaded internally. I wasn't aware of how externally loading works until very late in development. But I appreciate that you like sailor mars. I had to cut out each individuall frame of animation from a gif wich took forever
well i mean, even when you load everything internally, a file size THAT large usually means the game has A LOT of songs or some unusual resource like a video or large gifs ;p

Actually Tamatou is invincible until a the "Schneller" Font appears then he takes 40 shots. And on the Angry Tamatou Phase it's the same thing. I know this is bad game design but I wanted that lase phase to feel really intense but not difficult. But yeah i can see it beeing kinda tedious on the second time
ahah that sucks, you could add like a divine shield that fades off or something

The Hitboxes on the Sailor Mars Fireballs are a bit too big the other hitboxes should be fine actually. My brother a friend and me recently played the game in our stream and debatet about wich of the 3 boss attack patterns are the hardest and easiest. We had very different opinions. I always thought the Pig/Demon are the easiest but the others said Pinui/PPG is the easiest.
What do you think?
sailor moon is not bad.. i never really figured the powerpuff girls attack, didnt need to :P maybe its easier because its patterned and pinui is not too bad, while pig rng can be really unfair.

now well... if you know something is bad design, don't do it, people won't like it. i don't take it personally though, i guess you have at least some potential~

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 11:19:45 AM »

well i mean, even when you load everything internally, a file size THAT large usually means the game has A LOT of songs or some unusual resource like a video or large gifs ;p
Actually Sailor Mars is just a normal sprite but maybe because it is so big and has so many frames of animation it takes up alot of space.

ahah that sucks, you could add like a divine shield that fades off or something
Well the player shouldn't know that he is invincible. I made that just because if a player with very good button mashing ability would play, he would totally destroy tamatou befor he could even say most of his lines. I made that so that every player would take about the same time of fighting him. As I've said, you aren't ment to die on this phase anymore but still it should feel very difficult and stressful because you are ment to think that he has a ton of HP while you are actually pretty much guarenteed to kill him.

now well... if you know something is bad design, don't do it, people won't like it. i don't take it personally though, i guess you have at least some potential~
Yeah, I'll try to remember that for the next game  :atkHappy:
Sometimes I just have stupid ideas wich I can't bring myself to not do, even tough I know they're stupid ^~^
From Austria with Love <3

Ario147

• Spike Dodger
  • Sex me
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
Actually Sailor Mars is just a normal sprite but maybe because it is so big and has so many frames of animation it takes up alot of space.

Sometimes I just have stupid ideas wich I can't bring myself to not do, even tough I know they're stupid ^~^

I guess you just converted GIF/short vid into frames and put them together, but they are roomsized, so be careful with that, they might take a lot of space.

And yea, stupid ideas are something everyone does, that's why you put your game for testing, and play it yourself a couple times. :)
Its a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,

On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D  B E  B U R N I N G  I N  H E L L .