Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]  (Read 12483 times)

pieceofcheese87

• Global Moderator
  • The Kid
  • Personal Text
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Tv Channel
  • Playstyle: Keyboard
Re: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
T O X I C C O M M U N I T Y
O X I C C O M M U N I T Y
X I C C O M M U N I T Y
I C C O M M U N I T Y
C C O M M U N I T Y
C O M M U N I T Y
O M M U N I T Y
M M U N I T Y
M U N I T Y
U N I T Y
N I T Y
I T Y
T Y
Y
Signature

bananaguy12

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
I played the game up to the boss. I didn't really find it very funny, and I'm assuming it has a bunch of in-jokes that I don't get, if you said it was made for your friends. I don't like how it put me in full screen at first, but maybe that only happened to me for some reason. The boss seemed kind of cool, though I only played it for a minute so I can't really give feedback on it. Rating: 4/10.

Derf

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
@tehjman1993:

Pointlessly slamming a game from an obviously novice creator, then trying to assert that there's some moral objective in doing so (because obviously this game has and will lead to people disrespecting the wiki) and finally copping out of the discussion by pretending you don't care (even though you cared enough to write that response) is one of the most farcical things I've seen in a long time.

Is this game satirical? Yes it is. As the creator said, it takes non-existent games and makes a medley game out of them (an idea that's actually really interesting). But is the sarcasm involved somehow damaging to the reputation of the fangaming community? No it isn't, and if you really believe what you were saying in that vein then I implore you to develop some thick skin. The truth is, facets of this community do take themselves too seriously, and I think it's good we have more light-hearted creations to poke fun at them.

I agree with your general belief that there is a level of quality fangames should meet in terms of effort put in (and that it's insulting to the patrons of the wiki to upload such things; Bobby I'm looking at you), but I don't believe there is a set tone or level of seriousness fangames should meet. While I think the flaws of this fangame far outweigh the pros, you cannot tell me it hasn't had any effort put into it. The level of quality we should not be accepting is things that have clearly taken people no time at all and are only designed to infuriate or troll; this game was clearly designed to be played like a proper game, however facetiously it presents itself. This is a topic where there is decent discussion to be had, provided it doesn't stem from some stubborn defence of a comment it's clear not even you believe.

Tamatou is learning the ropes and having fun. I'm sorry that your level of patience has dropped so low you can no longer tolerate creations below a certain threshold, it's understandable with a lot of detritus that's been on the wiki lately, but there's really no reason to slam young and new creators who are obviously trying.

-------------------------

As for the game, here's my opinion:

Pros:
- The idea itself is interesting.
- There is a level of effort involved here.
- I found the first room pretty funny tbh.

Cons:
- Immediately pushed into fullscreen at the beginning for a silly intro that really shouldn't be there.
- Why is it 200mb+ and why is this all in the application as opposed to being loaded externally? It doesn't seem like you took any of the advice given in the thread about your music problems.
- The load screen + intro combine to give the game a less than appealing beginning (and this is precisely the kind of thing that people who make snapshot judgements before playing something properly will immediately jump on this to try and justify their opinions).
- Troll games are a fine balance. They need to have a level of annoyance involved but this needs to be kept low in order to maintain the player's enjoyment; it goes overboard a bit here.

I didn't finish it, I don't plan to. I didn't think it was terrible Tamatou, if the jokes were stripped back a bit and the in-jokes were removed this might be quite a charming little game. I hope you continue to improve and make games with all the silliness and nice ideas but with a bit more care towards the player and towards production value.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 03:29:12 PM by Derf »

bananaguy12

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
...I'm not doing that stuff I just made a simple review. I hope you're not talking to me when you write this.

Kyir

• The Kid
  • Normal Guy
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
...I'm not doing that stuff I just made a simple review. I hope you're not talking to me when you write this.

You were clearly being way too harsh on this poor guy. How dare you.

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
  • Playstyle: Gamepad
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
Guys I don't meen to disrespect the community or offend anyone with this game.
I love the community and wanted to try making a joke fangame as said mainly for my brother to play in his livestream while learning game maker and having fun.
This was not a serious attempt to make a good fangame. I can see people getting sick of these kind of games so I'm sorry if it offended you.

What is now the whole game was originally suposed to be only the first level.
I kept getting "Out of Memory" messages like I said in my thread. I decided to just end the game after the first boss and start over with a new engine for a sequel.
From Austria with Love <3

Fireball7d7

• Wannabe
  • Windows 8.1/Server 2012 Windows 8.1/Server 2012
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
Some of the criticism featured here is trying to place your game into a category of 'its automatically bad'.  Just be aware when creating games that it is impossible to cater to everyone's preferences and some people may dislike it more than others.  Keep trying to get better and hopefully more people will like your games.

Derf

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »
It was directed towards tehjman1993 - not you :~)

Guys I don't meen to disrespect the community or offend anyone with this game.
I love the community and wanted to try making a joke fangame as said mainly for my brother to play in his livestream while learning game maker and having fun.
This was not a serious attempt to make a good fangame. I can see people getting sick of these kind of games so I'm sorry if it offended you.

What is now the whole game was originally suposed to be only the first level.
I kept getting "Out of Memory" messages like I said in my thread. I decided to just end the game after the first boss and start over with a new engine for a sequel.
You weren't disrespecting the community or inciting other people to disrespect it like tehjman1993 was trying to infer don't worry. The assertion that this is anything other than a harmlessly fun little game is ridiculous.

Which engine are you using? Will it be using the same concept as this one (a medley created of non-existent fangames)? Or something new? I'd be interested in playing a sequel if it were focused a bit more on platforming and less on in-jokes.

Some of the criticism featured here is trying to place your game into a category of 'its automatically bad'.  Just be aware when creating games that it is impossible to cater to everyone's preferences and some people may dislike it more than others.  Keep trying to get better and hopefully more people will like your games.
Essentially. I don't think it's an excuse to make bad games but this game obviously had effort put into it. It's sad that a silly load screen and intro is all some people need to accuse a creator of ruining fangames for everyone but that's unfortunately what it's like.

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 03:51:24 PM »
Which engine are you using? Will it be using the same concept as this one (a medley created of non-existent fangames)? Or something new? I'd be interested in playing a sequel if it were focused a bit more on platforming and less on in-jokes.

I used "I Wanna Be The Better Engine" by YoSniper
It is the only one I really know
I'm open to suggestions of what engine to use.
Yes it will use the same concept of it beeing a fake medley game.
Three Stages are planned for Part 2
(I have some ideas for a forth and fift stage but let's not go overboard I'll save those for part 3 if I ever finish part 2)

I'll try my best to make the sequel a game that could actually be enjoyed by a borader audience.
Still there will be some unusual aspects to it. There will be at least a little bit of story and some dialoge befor Boss fights probably in german but maybe I'll do an english translation and voice over. Also the main character is not gonna be The Kid
probably just a pallet swap version of him tough.

But that sequel is not gonna happen any time soon. So don't expect it this year or even next year.

Derf

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 03:56:42 PM »
I'd be careful using YoSniper's engine; I don't personally have a problem with it but some people dislike the way it handles.

Glad to hear it. Unusual elements are good honestly, they give games their personalities.

That's a long time scale haha. Good luck though :~)

bananaguy12

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
I don't see why someone would have a problem with a game existing whether it's on the wiki or not. I don't care about all the shit games showing up on the wiki (not that this is a bad game). If people complain that your game shouldn't be on the wiki I would just ignore them.

Swordslinger

• The Kid
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.130 Chrome 43.0.2357.130
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »
I will post a few for you, these are all good engines and i will have the threads posted on this so you can read them.

For use with GM8 or GM8.1

Nikaple engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1388.0

Lemon engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1349.0

Seph engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=921.0

-------------

For use with Game Maker Studio.

Yoyoyodude's engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1852.0

KS edition
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1625.0

-------------

All of these engines have advantages in a way so read more into them on which one is more comfortable to you, this is just me assuming you have all of the basics of game maker nailed so you should feel right at home with most of these engines, I do hope this helps though.
A Random Signature

Starz0r

• Owner
  • The Kid
  • Administrator
  • Hall Of Fame
  • Windows 10 Windows 10
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 47.0.2526.5 Chrome 47.0.2526.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »
So I decided to go play this game after seeing the shitstorm in this thread. And honestly I can't see the reason for the controversy. I'd like to mention that this reply is pointed at no one, and should no one get offended if I say something that may look like it's referencing or pointing fingers at some person.

This game is like a mix of Sudoku, 2doku, Cultured, with a decent boss, and comes together to make a game that makes fun of medleys. It's pretty decent, and the boss seems to have time put in it. Unfortunately though this games downfall comes from lack of graphic design in the platforming sections and non-functional soundtrack. The next time you make a game, I recommend you use a actual sound engine instead of using GameMaker's built in Music Engine because it doesn't really work well with a lot of music, or just at all.

Now this game is obviously satirical, and isn't that what some games have been? I mean, when Cultured came out did people complain about it? Actually, people DID complain about it. Mostly it's joking nature, and satirical boss fights. I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite when I say this because at the time I didn't like Cultured (and I still don't.), and at the time I was pretty salty about it and talked complete trash about the game.

But what I didn't do, is say the game is shit, without giving reasons, or an reasonable opinion, or ideas that would make their next game or current game better.

Everybody, has different opinions on games like this, and it is not my decision, nor the decision of one individual to speak for the entirety of the community because that is a opinion based statement until proved otherwise. Just because a large group of people do not like a curtain type of games doesn't mean you should go around telling a guy to kill themselves or write the game ofcourse, unless the game is 100% trolling, slandering of others, or completely poking fun at the community in a derogatory way.

There will always be things that people like that other people will not. That however, does NOT give you a reason to act like an asshole towards others. Something like that is immature and childish it will not be tolerated.

Tamatou

• Wannabe
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 04:22:05 PM »
I'd be careful using YoSniper's engine; I don't personally have a problem with it but some people dislike the way it handles.

Glad to hear it. Unusual elements are good honestly, they give games their personalities.

That's a long time scale haha. Good luck though :~)

Yeah, noticed I Wanna Be The Better Engine it playing a little bit different than most fangames. I think the Kid's Hitbox is bigger.

Well maybe part 2 is not gonna take that long at all. I really can't say right now. It all depends on how much of my free time I spend on it.
But I'm the kind of person that likes to work on alot of different projects at the same time. Currently I have too many youtube projects and writing and drawing my Webcomic also takes alot of time. I just can't concentrate on one thing at a time. Of corse that way everything takes forever but I wouldn't have it any other way. I like to have variety in life
:atkHappy:

Oh btw:
here is the trailer for the first game  :atkHappy:
It is in german

Thanks to Sworldslinger for the listed engines. I'm gonna try them and decide :)
Creating the Boss took me much longer than the rest of the game. I considered reworking all the screens befor the boss but constantly getting the "Out of Memory" issues just made me wanna start over and leave this game like it was.

Ario147

• Spike Dodger
  • Sex me
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
I don't see how fresh new fangame creator and his first ever project can be AAA fangame, but this guy is pointed in the right direction, and he clearly has fun making this, so hopefully he will get better and better. This game compared to some shit and aids I made in the past when I was getting started is literally like happil clone to NANG. And when I was learning and making bad games no one really cared, but these days people can't stand anything below their standards. It's not only happil clone meta, it's retarded fangame standard meta where you can't dissapoint anyone with +50 viewers  on twitch so he won't ,,speak for community" just to get told that we actually dissagree. But wait, he doesn't care about our opinions. But wait, so why he speaks for community in his trashtalk? No sense, don't do that again. Anyone.
Its a beautiful day outside.

Birds are singing, flowers are blooming,

On days like these, kids like you...

S H O U L D  B E  B U R N I N G  I N  H E L L .