I Wanna Community

Fangames => User-Made Creations => Topic started by: Tamatou on October 08, 2015, 06:01:44 PM

Title: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
Post by: Tamatou on October 08, 2015, 06:01:44 PM
(Warning Sarcasm) I Wanna Kill The BLB is yet another great compilation game that features only the best of the best fangames out there!
Thanks to all the Beta testers I was able to make the most enjoyable game possible!
(Sarcasm OFF)

Please feel free to download this game and play it! You deserve it!
httpss://www.dropbox.com/s/noc9pzscne09h03/I%20Wanna%20Kill%20The%20BLB%20V1.0.zip?dl=0

Please let me know when making videos or streams of this game. I'm always watching!

Pictures:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Title: Re: I Wanna Kill The BLB [Shukuteki Tamatou]
Post by: tehjman1993 on October 08, 2015, 07:42:08 PM
Please stop making these games.

-The entire community
Post by: Tamatou on October 08, 2015, 07:46:44 PM
I will not
Post by: infern0man1 on October 08, 2015, 08:03:37 PM

-The entire community

Keep it nice.
Post by: lawatson on October 08, 2015, 08:47:07 PM
Don't be discouraged, I will play this game for a bit and provide some feedback.  :atkWaifu:

Okay, time for feedback.

Basically, it's a medley for people who are wondering.

The screen picks are kinda mediocre, but who can I blame, a lot of games are mediocre lol.

The music choices are kind of blaring and loud, and the music restarts which kinda makes it a tad bit more annoying. There's also a memey game over sound (It says tamatou i think)

After the stage, there's a boss. It's kinda nicely designed and you can tell there's some production value. It sends you to an avoidance, and then after that you get to kill the boss. I think that the boss might have been a little cooler if you chose from a different avoidance, and maybe also improved on the boss's attacks itself. Afterwards, there's finally a little spam-shoot segment. I think of it more as a choke, but anyways, once you beat it, the game is over.

Why this game is good:
-Interesting and somewhat nicely designed boss

Problems in the game:
-Boring screen picks
-Unfitting music picks
-Not a lot of stages
-Technical issues (weird screen size in one of the rooms, and restarting music)

If I gave this game a 1/10 rating it would probably be a 5-6. Don't worry, though, my first games were a lot worse so just keep on going!
Post by: tehjman1993 on October 08, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

-The entire community

Keep it nice.

I'm not pandering to the community that thinks these games are acceptable anymore. There is 0 redeeming qualities in this fangame, and is clearly made as a joke.
Post by: Swordslinger on October 08, 2015, 09:47:54 PM
From what i gathered from watson's response he said negative and positive things about this game and i think he didn't look at it as a "joke" game, look if there are 0 redeeming qualities for you then say why and what. Look tj, let me tell you something, you saw that, i saw that, everyone saw that you didn't say a thing that was legitimate in that little response, you already pulled the switch you can't push it back in, It's a game devs job to get criticism to see what they can improve on for the future, saying comments like that doesn't help their job, it just tears them apart. I understand i'm derailing a bit with this but I can't let someone get away with something like that, admit it Tj, that was sheer cold of you, this will be my only response as i would not like to violate rule 7, but the gist of this is think of what you've done there.

As for watson, you can listen to him Tamatou, since he does provide a lot of feedback, so do take what he said under consideration for the future, if this is your first game then from what i hear is that you got a lot to learn and a long ladder to climb, good luck with the ascent.

Again I am sorry if this post is violating the rules, but honestly, I just can't look at this as something i wouldn't respond too, it just bothered me too much not to respond to it.
Post by: lawatson on October 08, 2015, 09:50:55 PM

Keep it nice.

I'm not pandering to the community that thinks these games are acceptable anymore. There is 0 redeeming qualities in this fangame, and is clearly made as a joke.

lmao doesn't refrain from the point that you were being a rude little mister there, be nice to people even if their creations aren't to your liking!
Post by: tehjman1993 on October 08, 2015, 10:10:55 PM
From what i gathered from watson's response he said negative and positive things about this game and i think he didn't look at it as a "joke" game, look if there are 0 redeeming qualities for you then say why and what. Look tj, let me tell you something, you saw that, i saw that, everyone saw that you didn't say a thing that was legitimate in that little response, you already pulled the switch you can't push it back in, It's a game devs job to get criticism to see what they can improve on for the future, saying comments like that doesn't help their job, it just tears them apart. I understand i'm derailing a bit with this but I can't let someone get away with something like that, admit it Tj, that was sheer cold of you, this will be my only response as i would not like to violate rule 7, but the gist of this is think of what you've done there.

As for watson, you can listen to him Tamatou, since he does provide a lot of feedback, so do take what he said under consideration for the future, if this is your first game then from what i hear is that you got a lot to learn and a long ladder to climb, good luck with the ascent.

Again I am sorry if this post is violating the rules, but honestly, I just can't look at this as something i wouldn't respond too, it just bothered me too much not to respond to it.

I don't care, Sword.
I don't care if you think my opinion is legitimate or not.
I don't care if you think I have a reason to comment on the game.
I don't care if you think you know what a game dev's job is.
I don't care if you think my opinion is "cold."
I don't care, Sword.

Keep it nice.

lmao doesn't refrain from the point that you were being a rude little mister there, be nice to people even if their creations aren't to your liking!

I do not need to be nice to people that have been told over, and over, and over that these types of games are just another reason people disrespect the Wiki, and further, these forums and Del-Fruit. This "creation" is a sarcastic poke at fangames, obviously catered towards maybe this guy's friends or something.

On top of that, I really don't care.

Post by: infern0man1 on October 08, 2015, 10:27:15 PM
Stop bickering. I'm really losing patience, don't push it any further.
Post by: Raganoxer on October 08, 2015, 10:51:08 PM
Tehjman wether it was intentionally bad or not that was kinda rude. At least its not a happil 2 medley clone.
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 12:07:15 AM
Guys guys... keep it calm!

Yes this is a joke game i made mainly for my brother, friends, YT viewers and readers of my comic as a suprise gift.

Thanks to lawatson for the criticism.
The whole idea of this game was that it is a "fake medley game" none of the games featured actually exist. (at least I hope so)

I started creating this game to get to know a functions of game maker. I think you can see me trying new things on each screen.

The first screen totally sucks I know that. That joke beeing that it from the non-existing game "I Wanna Be The Fehlstart" Fehlstart tralslates to "false start"
I knew people would stop playing after seeing that one first screen wich amuses me  :atkHappy:
I swear to never make a screen like this ever again tough

As I've said I really tried my best to learn game maker while designing the first stage but I really put some decent effort into the Boss at the end.

Yes, I am planning to continue making games. A sequel is already beeing planned wich will be a more serious attempt of making a fangame.

Thank you for all the responses positive and negative I wasn't expecting anybodyto care  :atkHappy:
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 12:17:57 AM
and maybe also improved on the boss's attacks itself

Be specific
As said unlike the rest of the game I actually tried to make this a decend fangame boss
So criticism is very important.  :atkHappy:

I wanted this boss to be "a little different everytime" so I gave him the three main attacks wich he chooses at random.
I kinda think these attacks might drag on for a little to long and players would just hit "restart" if they get a attack they don't like. But yeah, it is my first video game boss so I know would be very improovable
Post by: Mattisticus on October 09, 2015, 07:35:13 AM
I'll give my two cents, why not.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Sure it has it's shortcomings, the music stopped playing when I died and the first screen will definitely annoy someone enough to not even give the game a chance.

I made it to Daim (solgryn) boss, and sure got some laughs from that, and it's fun.

-My personal opinion

Fixed it for ya bud
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 10:06:18 AM
I'll give my two cents, why not.

I actually enjoyed the game.

Sure it has it's shortcomings, the music stopped playing when I died and the first screen will definitely annoy someone enough to not even give the game a chance.

I made it to Daim (solgryn) boss, and sure got some laughs from that, and it's fun.

-My personal opinion

Fixed it for ya bud

Thank you for playing  :atkHappy:

I've had some bugs with the music during development but at the end it worked on my PC. I'll try using a sound engine for the next game.

Yeah, I sorta regret making the first screen the way it is, but at the same time thinking of people instantly stop playing after they see it amuses me  :atkHappy: Can't wait to see live reactions of my friends play it and maybe even people of the community might stream this game.

btw. Milka DAIM is incredibly delicious! Try it if you ever get the chance!
Post by: pieceofcheese87 on October 09, 2015, 10:56:54 AM
T O X I C C O M M U N I T Y
O X I C C O M M U N I T Y
X I C C O M M U N I T Y
I C C O M M U N I T Y
C C O M M U N I T Y
C O M M U N I T Y
O M M U N I T Y
M M U N I T Y
M U N I T Y
U N I T Y
N I T Y
I T Y
T Y
Y
Post by: bananaguy12 on October 09, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
I played the game up to the boss. I didn't really find it very funny, and I'm assuming it has a bunch of in-jokes that I don't get, if you said it was made for your friends. I don't like how it put me in full screen at first, but maybe that only happened to me for some reason. The boss seemed kind of cool, though I only played it for a minute so I can't really give feedback on it. Rating: 4/10.
Post by: Derf on October 09, 2015, 02:06:47 PM
@tehjman1993:

Pointlessly slamming a game from an obviously novice creator, then trying to assert that there's some moral objective in doing so (because obviously this game has and will lead to people disrespecting the wiki) and finally copping out of the discussion by pretending you don't care (even though you cared enough to write that response) is one of the most farcical things I've seen in a long time.

Is this game satirical? Yes it is. As the creator said, it takes non-existent games and makes a medley game out of them (an idea that's actually really interesting). But is the sarcasm involved somehow damaging to the reputation of the fangaming community? No it isn't, and if you really believe what you were saying in that vein then I implore you to develop some thick skin. The truth is, facets of this community do take themselves too seriously, and I think it's good we have more light-hearted creations to poke fun at them.

I agree with your general belief that there is a level of quality fangames should meet in terms of effort put in (and that it's insulting to the patrons of the wiki to upload such things; Bobby I'm looking at you), but I don't believe there is a set tone or level of seriousness fangames should meet. While I think the flaws of this fangame far outweigh the pros, you cannot tell me it hasn't had any effort put into it. The level of quality we should not be accepting is things that have clearly taken people no time at all and are only designed to infuriate or troll; this game was clearly designed to be played like a proper game, however facetiously it presents itself. This is a topic where there is decent discussion to be had, provided it doesn't stem from some stubborn defence of a comment it's clear not even you believe.

Tamatou is learning the ropes and having fun. I'm sorry that your level of patience has dropped so low you can no longer tolerate creations below a certain threshold, it's understandable with a lot of detritus that's been on the wiki lately, but there's really no reason to slam young and new creators who are obviously trying.

-------------------------

As for the game, here's my opinion:

Pros:
- The idea itself is interesting.
- There is a level of effort involved here.
- I found the first room pretty funny tbh.

Cons:
- Immediately pushed into fullscreen at the beginning for a silly intro that really shouldn't be there.
- Why is it 200mb+ and why is this all in the application as opposed to being loaded externally? It doesn't seem like you took any of the advice given in the thread about your music problems.
- The load screen + intro combine to give the game a less than appealing beginning (and this is precisely the kind of thing that people who make snapshot judgements before playing something properly will immediately jump on this to try and justify their opinions).
- Troll games are a fine balance. They need to have a level of annoyance involved but this needs to be kept low in order to maintain the player's enjoyment; it goes overboard a bit here.

I didn't finish it, I don't plan to. I didn't think it was terrible Tamatou, if the jokes were stripped back a bit and the in-jokes were removed this might be quite a charming little game. I hope you continue to improve and make games with all the silliness and nice ideas but with a bit more care towards the player and towards production value.
Post by: bananaguy12 on October 09, 2015, 02:19:53 PM
...I'm not doing that stuff I just made a simple review. I hope you're not talking to me when you write this.
Post by: Kyir on October 09, 2015, 02:27:40 PM
...I'm not doing that stuff I just made a simple review. I hope you're not talking to me when you write this.

You were clearly being way too harsh on this poor guy. How dare you.
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 02:46:00 PM
Guys I don't meen to disrespect the community or offend anyone with this game.
I love the community and wanted to try making a joke fangame as said mainly for my brother to play in his livestream while learning game maker and having fun.
This was not a serious attempt to make a good fangame. I can see people getting sick of these kind of games so I'm sorry if it offended you.

What is now the whole game was originally suposed to be only the first level.
I kept getting "Out of Memory" messages like I said in my thread. I decided to just end the game after the first boss and start over with a new engine for a sequel.
Post by: Fireball7d7 on October 09, 2015, 03:18:21 PM
Some of the criticism featured here is trying to place your game into a category of 'its automatically bad'.  Just be aware when creating games that it is impossible to cater to everyone's preferences and some people may dislike it more than others.  Keep trying to get better and hopefully more people will like your games.
Post by: Derf on October 09, 2015, 03:22:47 PM
It was directed towards tehjman1993 - not you :~)

Guys I don't meen to disrespect the community or offend anyone with this game.
I love the community and wanted to try making a joke fangame as said mainly for my brother to play in his livestream while learning game maker and having fun.
This was not a serious attempt to make a good fangame. I can see people getting sick of these kind of games so I'm sorry if it offended you.

What is now the whole game was originally suposed to be only the first level.
I kept getting "Out of Memory" messages like I said in my thread. I decided to just end the game after the first boss and start over with a new engine for a sequel.
You weren't disrespecting the community or inciting other people to disrespect it like tehjman1993 was trying to infer don't worry. The assertion that this is anything other than a harmlessly fun little game is ridiculous.

Which engine are you using? Will it be using the same concept as this one (a medley created of non-existent fangames)? Or something new? I'd be interested in playing a sequel if it were focused a bit more on platforming and less on in-jokes.

Some of the criticism featured here is trying to place your game into a category of 'its automatically bad'.  Just be aware when creating games that it is impossible to cater to everyone's preferences and some people may dislike it more than others.  Keep trying to get better and hopefully more people will like your games.
Essentially. I don't think it's an excuse to make bad games but this game obviously had effort put into it. It's sad that a silly load screen and intro is all some people need to accuse a creator of ruining fangames for everyone but that's unfortunately what it's like.
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 03:51:24 PM
Which engine are you using? Will it be using the same concept as this one (a medley created of non-existent fangames)? Or something new? I'd be interested in playing a sequel if it were focused a bit more on platforming and less on in-jokes.

I used "I Wanna Be The Better Engine" by YoSniper
It is the only one I really know
I'm open to suggestions of what engine to use.
Yes it will use the same concept of it beeing a fake medley game.
Three Stages are planned for Part 2
(I have some ideas for a forth and fift stage but let's not go overboard I'll save those for part 3 if I ever finish part 2)

I'll try my best to make the sequel a game that could actually be enjoyed by a borader audience.
Still there will be some unusual aspects to it. There will be at least a little bit of story and some dialoge befor Boss fights probably in german but maybe I'll do an english translation and voice over. Also the main character is not gonna be The Kid
probably just a pallet swap version of him tough.

But that sequel is not gonna happen any time soon. So don't expect it this year or even next year.
Post by: Derf on October 09, 2015, 03:56:42 PM
I'd be careful using YoSniper's engine; I don't personally have a problem with it but some people dislike the way it handles.

Glad to hear it. Unusual elements are good honestly, they give games their personalities.

That's a long time scale haha. Good luck though :~)
Post by: bananaguy12 on October 09, 2015, 04:00:31 PM
I don't see why someone would have a problem with a game existing whether it's on the wiki or not. I don't care about all the shit games showing up on the wiki (not that this is a bad game). If people complain that your game shouldn't be on the wiki I would just ignore them.
Post by: Swordslinger on October 09, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
I will post a few for you, these are all good engines and i will have the threads posted on this so you can read them.

For use with GM8 or GM8.1

Nikaple engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1388.0

Lemon engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1349.0

Seph engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=921.0

-------------

For use with Game Maker Studio.

Yoyoyodude's engine
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1852.0

KS edition
https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=1625.0

-------------

All of these engines have advantages in a way so read more into them on which one is more comfortable to you, this is just me assuming you have all of the basics of game maker nailed so you should feel right at home with most of these engines, I do hope this helps though.
Post by: Starz0r on October 09, 2015, 04:03:07 PM
So I decided to go play this game after seeing the shitstorm in this thread. And honestly I can't see the reason for the controversy. I'd like to mention that this reply is pointed at no one, and should no one get offended if I say something that may look like it's referencing or pointing fingers at some person.

This game is like a mix of Sudoku, 2doku, Cultured, with a decent boss, and comes together to make a game that makes fun of medleys. It's pretty decent, and the boss seems to have time put in it. Unfortunately though this games downfall comes from lack of graphic design in the platforming sections and non-functional soundtrack. The next time you make a game, I recommend you use a actual sound engine instead of using GameMaker's built in Music Engine because it doesn't really work well with a lot of music, or just at all.

Now this game is obviously satirical, and isn't that what some games have been? I mean, when Cultured came out did people complain about it? Actually, people DID complain about it. Mostly it's joking nature, and satirical boss fights. I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite when I say this because at the time I didn't like Cultured (and I still don't.), and at the time I was pretty salty about it and talked complete trash about the game.

But what I didn't do, is say the game is shit, without giving reasons, or an reasonable opinion, or ideas that would make their next game or current game better.

Everybody, has different opinions on games like this, and it is not my decision, nor the decision of one individual to speak for the entirety of the community because that is a opinion based statement until proved otherwise. Just because a large group of people do not like a curtain type of games doesn't mean you should go around telling a guy to kill themselves or write the game ofcourse, unless the game is 100% trolling, slandering of others, or completely poking fun at the community in a derogatory way.

There will always be things that people like that other people will not. That however, does NOT give you a reason to act like an asshole towards others. Something like that is immature and childish it will not be tolerated.
Post by: Tamatou on October 09, 2015, 04:22:05 PM
I'd be careful using YoSniper's engine; I don't personally have a problem with it but some people dislike the way it handles.

Glad to hear it. Unusual elements are good honestly, they give games their personalities.

That's a long time scale haha. Good luck though :~)

Yeah, noticed I Wanna Be The Better Engine it playing a little bit different than most fangames. I think the Kid's Hitbox is bigger.

Well maybe part 2 is not gonna take that long at all. I really can't say right now. It all depends on how much of my free time I spend on it.
But I'm the kind of person that likes to work on alot of different projects at the same time. Currently I have too many youtube projects and writing and drawing my Webcomic also takes alot of time. I just can't concentrate on one thing at a time. Of corse that way everything takes forever but I wouldn't have it any other way. I like to have variety in life
:atkHappy:

Oh btw:
here is the trailer for the first game  :atkHappy:
It is in german
httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRKyXPxIi4&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to Sworldslinger for the listed engines. I'm gonna try them and decide :)
Creating the Boss took me much longer than the rest of the game. I considered reworking all the screens befor the boss but constantly getting the "Out of Memory" issues just made me wanna start over and leave this game like it was.
Post by: Ario147 on October 09, 2015, 06:36:28 PM
I don't see how fresh new fangame creator and his first ever project can be AAA fangame, but this guy is pointed in the right direction, and he clearly has fun making this, so hopefully he will get better and better. This game compared to some shit and aids I made in the past when I was getting started is literally like happil clone to NANG. And when I was learning and making bad games no one really cared, but these days people can't stand anything below their standards. It's not only happil clone meta, it's retarded fangame standard meta where you can't dissapoint anyone with +50 viewers  on twitch so he won't ,,speak for community" just to get told that we actually dissagree. But wait, he doesn't care about our opinions. But wait, so why he speaks for community in his trashtalk? No sense, don't do that again. Anyone.
Post by: Aelya on October 11, 2015, 05:12:58 PM
i dont get the hate, its pretty much a real game (or at least more of a real game than many others) :o the only things i'd say are

- DONT USE YOSNIPER ENGINE PHYSICS
- fehlstart sucks
- the graphics in steal candy and daim are painful to look at
- sailor mars FTW (thats probably the reason why the file size is so huge i guess)
- that tomato phase HP god damn

boss is otherwise pretty good, though the hitboxes are weird and the attacks arent balanced

playthrough video https://www.twitch.tv/fate/v/20259732 gg
Post by: Tamatou on October 11, 2015, 10:11:23 PM
i dont get the hate, its pretty much a real game (or at least more of a real game than many others) :o the only things i'd say are

- DONT USE YOSNIPER ENGINE PHYSICS
- fehlstart sucks
- the graphics in steal candy and daim are painful to look at
- sailor mars FTW (thats probably the reason why the file size is so huge i guess)
- that tomato phase HP god damn

boss is otherwise pretty good, though the hitboxes are weird and the attacks arent balanced

playthrough video https://www.twitch.tv/fate/v/20259732 gg

Thank you soo much for this Speed Run. This game is not very speedrun friendly especially because of Fehlstart.
I'll use another engine for part 2 (wich I will try to put more effort into designing the screens, it's gonna take a long time until its finished thogh if at all)

Most of the custom graphics were drawn by my 12 year old sister. So yeah. They are what they are.
The game's file size is so big because everything is loaded internally. I wasn't aware of how externally loading works until very late in development. But I appreciate that you like sailor mars. I had to cut out each individuall frame of animation from a gif wich took forever

Actually Tamatou is invincible until a the "Schneller" Font appears then he takes 40 shots. And on the Angry Tamatou Phase it's the same thing. I know this is bad game design but I wanted that lase phase to feel really intense but not difficult. But yeah i can see it beeing kinda tedious on the second time

The Hitboxes on the Sailor Mars Fireballs are a bit too big the other hitboxes should be fine actually. My brother a friend and me recently played the game in our stream and debatet about wich of the 3 boss attack patterns are the hardest and easiest. We had very different opinions. I always thought the Pig/Demon are the easiest but the others said Pinui/PPG is the easiest.
What do you think?

This is my brothers blind playthrough (feature mudkipz who helped me alot, and... me)
httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3F4_xw77CU&index=1&
Post by: Aelya on October 12, 2015, 01:20:21 AM
Thank you soo much for this Speed Run. This game is not very speedrun friendly especially because of Fehlstart.
I'll use another engine for part 2 (wich I will try to put more effort into designing the screens, it's gonna take a long time until its finished thogh if at all)
that run is so "bad" but i couldnt improve it due to bad rng (and fehlstart obv) :s with these clarifications i might give it another shot :D
the engine thingy is not really about the engine, just about the physics which feel different from most other fangames (yuuutu physics). i think someone once wrote a thread on what to change to make the physics similar. [edit: yeah someone did (https://www.iwannacommunity.com/forum/index.php?topic=819)]

Most of the custom graphics were drawn by my 12 year old sister. So yeah. They are what they are.
The game's file size is so big because everything is loaded internally. I wasn't aware of how externally loading works until very late in development. But I appreciate that you like sailor mars. I had to cut out each individuall frame of animation from a gif wich took forever
well i mean, even when you load everything internally, a file size THAT large usually means the game has A LOT of songs or some unusual resource like a video or large gifs ;p

Actually Tamatou is invincible until a the "Schneller" Font appears then he takes 40 shots. And on the Angry Tamatou Phase it's the same thing. I know this is bad game design but I wanted that lase phase to feel really intense but not difficult. But yeah i can see it beeing kinda tedious on the second time
ahah that sucks, you could add like a divine shield that fades off or something

The Hitboxes on the Sailor Mars Fireballs are a bit too big the other hitboxes should be fine actually. My brother a friend and me recently played the game in our stream and debatet about wich of the 3 boss attack patterns are the hardest and easiest. We had very different opinions. I always thought the Pig/Demon are the easiest but the others said Pinui/PPG is the easiest.
What do you think?
sailor moon is not bad.. i never really figured the powerpuff girls attack, didnt need to :P maybe its easier because its patterned and pinui is not too bad, while pig rng can be really unfair.

now well... if you know something is bad design, don't do it, people won't like it. i don't take it personally though, i guess you have at least some potential~
Post by: Tamatou on October 12, 2015, 11:19:45 AM

well i mean, even when you load everything internally, a file size THAT large usually means the game has A LOT of songs or some unusual resource like a video or large gifs ;p
Actually Sailor Mars is just a normal sprite but maybe because it is so big and has so many frames of animation it takes up alot of space.

ahah that sucks, you could add like a divine shield that fades off or something
Well the player shouldn't know that he is invincible. I made that just because if a player with very good button mashing ability would play, he would totally destroy tamatou befor he could even say most of his lines. I made that so that every player would take about the same time of fighting him. As I've said, you aren't ment to die on this phase anymore but still it should feel very difficult and stressful because you are ment to think that he has a ton of HP while you are actually pretty much guarenteed to kill him.

now well... if you know something is bad design, don't do it, people won't like it. i don't take it personally though, i guess you have at least some potential~
Yeah, I'll try to remember that for the next game  :atkHappy:
Sometimes I just have stupid ideas wich I can't bring myself to not do, even tough I know they're stupid ^~^
Post by: Ario147 on October 12, 2015, 12:06:38 PM
Actually Sailor Mars is just a normal sprite but maybe because it is so big and has so many frames of animation it takes up alot of space.

Sometimes I just have stupid ideas wich I can't bring myself to not do, even tough I know they're stupid ^~^

I guess you just converted GIF/short vid into frames and put them together, but they are roomsized, so be careful with that, they might take a lot of space.

And yea, stupid ideas are something everyone does, that's why you put your game for testing, and play it yourself a couple times. :)